PDA

View Full Version : Possibly old news: What PTBNL did we send to Arizona for Robbie Alomar?

Jabroni
02-10-2005, 08:03 AM
We acquired Robbie Alomar from the Arizona Diamondbacks on 8/05/2004 for cash and a player to be named later. Here is the link incase you've forgotten...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20040805&content_id=819872&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

According to MLB rules, the PTBNL must be named within 6 months of the initial trade. Well, it's officially past 6 months and I don't recall ever hearing what player or prospect we sent to the Diamondbacks to complete the trade. By MLB rules, if the PTBNL cannot be decided upon, more cash can be sent to the team instead. Is this what we did? Does anyone know the answer to this or can anyone provide a link? Thanks.

BlackSox
02-10-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't think the PTBNL has been sent yet.

Maybe since Alomar was completely worthless, that voided the PTBNL part of the deal. :D:

Fungo
02-10-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm trying to find out some information on this. Typically, the PTBNL has to be designated within 6 months of the transaction, which, in this case took place on August 5th. February 5th would have been the six month deadline, you are correct. I've got a few emails out to people trying to find out the answer.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm trying to find out some information on this. Typically, the PTBNL has to be designated within 6 months of the transaction, which, in this case took place on August 5th. February 5th would have been the six month deadline, you are correct. I've got a few emails out to people trying to find out the answer.Maybe we can send them Southpaw and call it even.

Fungo
02-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Maybe we can send them Southpaw and call it even.
I don't want to give up too much

SoxFanTillDeath
02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
We sent them a former first round draft pick...

:roflmao: :LTP :roflmao:

Jabroni
02-10-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm trying to find out some information on this. Typically, the PTBNL has to be designated within 6 months of the transaction, which, in this case took place on August 5th. February 5th would have been the six month deadline, you are correct. I've got a few emails out to people trying to find out the answer.Thanks! Yeah, the deadline of 6 months should be up by now. It's almost like both Kenny and the D-backs completely forgot about the PTBNL. :tongue:

Fungo
02-21-2005, 12:23 PM
This occurred Friday. Don't ask what happened to the 6 month restriction.

The Diamondbacks acquired pitcher Brad Murray from the Chicago White Sox as the player to be named in the August 5, 2004 trade involving Roberto Alomar.

Not a big loss.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks! Yeah, the deadline of 6 months should be up by now. It's almost like both Kenny and the D-backs completely forgot about the PTBNL. :tongue:

No, MLB won't allow the White Sox to get away with something like that. The Cubs, however, did get away with something; did Kerry Wood ever serve his 5-game suspension last year for barking at an umpire? I know he appealed it and I even remember him being asked whether MLB forgot about his suspension or not and he laughed it off saying as long as they don't bring it up, he won't bring it up.

jabrch
02-21-2005, 02:38 PM
No, MLB won't allow the White Sox to get away with something like that. The Cubs, however, did get away with something; did Kerry Wood ever serve his 5-game suspension last year for barking at an umpire? I know he appealed it and I even remember him being asked whether MLB forgot about his suspension or not and he laughed it off saying as long as they don't bring it up, he won't bring it up.

He served it. He tried to duck it by serving it while on the DL - but they had to activate him and then have him serve 5 days.