PDA

View Full Version : So this Cub fan gave a speech in class today...

SoxFan76
02-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh man, it was like something directly out of the Tribune. He was talking about how great it is to be a Cubs fan because they have the greatest fans in the world, the greatest ballpark in the world, and everybody loves the Cubs. He talked about how the White Sox can't even fill half their stadium. He talked some more crap about the White Sox, and as Cub fans usually do, never used any true facts to back up his opinions. Yes, his speech was on what it's like to be a Cubs fan, but still, the stuff he said made me want to vomit.

So after his speech, needless to say I was livid. Not only me, but several other people in the class were very upset. I asked the teacher if I may state my rebuttal. This wasn't a debate thing, I was just pissed. lol

My instructor, also a Sox fan, said I could rebutt? (don't know the proper word, we'll just say retaliate :wink:) in the hall after class. She was obviously joking, but oh man I wanted to punch this little guy out. I was so pissed. :angry::angry::angry:

That is SF76's Random Thoughts for the day.

:gulp::):gulp:

NSSoxFan
02-09-2005, 11:51 PM
So how quick did he go down??

SoxFan76
02-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I hit him so hard with my left, he was beggin for my right. No, I didn't do anything. lol

samram
02-09-2005, 11:55 PM
This guy got up in front of a college class and talked about how great it was to be a Cubs' fan? What kind of speech is that? Was the next speech about how much the person loved their dog?

Palehose13
02-09-2005, 11:56 PM
This guy got up in front of a college class and talked about how great it was to be a Cubs' fan? What kind of speech is that? Was the next speech about how much the person loved their dog?

When I first read the post, I thought he may have been talking about a HS freshman speech class...then I checked 76's profile. Your classmate has some issues. BTW...good for you for not kicking his butt. It's not nice to beat up mental midgets. :wink:

Jabroni
02-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Ask him if he even knows about his Cubs' great offseason moves:

Cubs lose:
Moises Alou
Matt Clement
Kyle Farnsworth
Kent Mercker
Sammy Sosa

Cubs get:
Henry Blanco
Jeromy Burnitz
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Roberto Novoa
Stephen Randolph

I doubt he even knows about his favorite team's offseason moves but if he did he surely wouldn't be happy. :rolleyes:

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Jeez, I thought about it for a second and thought you were describing a 4th grade class, but I remember from the chat that you go to NIU. How can that kind of dribble count as a SPEECH? Was the class called Tribune Writing 101 or something? Speaking of sCrUB trolls, someone must've gotten my AIM name from viewing this board and he harassed me on AIM about Kerry Wood and Mark Prior being better than Buehrle and Garcia. Of course, he never responded after I said that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood had only 13 more innings pitched combined than Mark Buehrle himself had in 2004. I love Cub fans, they give me something to do in my boring life. :smile:

JoseCanseco6969
02-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Jeez, I thought about it for a second and thought you were describing a 4th grade class, but I remember from the chat that you go to NIU. How can that kind of dribble count as a SPEECH? Was the class called Tribune Writing 101 or something? Speaking of sCrUB trolls, someone must've gotten my AIM name from viewing this board and he harassed me on AIM about Kerry Wood and Mark Prior being better than Buehrle and Garcia. Of course, he never responded after I said that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood had only 13 more innings pitched combined than Mark Buehrle himself had in 2004. I love Cub fans, they give me something to do in my boring life. :smile:

Ohh believe me, we have plenty of idiot Cub fans here at NIU. Lots of jackasses too. I had my White sox plate frame broken off my car right after the Cubs were officially eliminated from playoff contention this past season.
I dont know what to say to these morons anymore, I just find the ebst way to get them is to rattle off multiple Cub facts that none of them seem to know. You know quiz them. It seems to work decent. rarely will you find a fan that can name the whole pitching staff or most of the lineup.

bigfoot
02-10-2005, 06:03 AM

Nah, the next speech was how much a person likes to beat their........dog!

C-Dawg
02-10-2005, 06:53 AM
He talked about how the White Sox can't even fill half their stadium. He talked some more crap about the White Sox, and as Cub fans usually do, never used any true facts to back up his opinions.

I wonder why he felt that point had anything whatsoever to do with his being a Cub fan. Hopefully the teacher caught the idiocy of this and held it against him when it came time to grade the guy's speech.

I just find the ebst way to get them is to rattle off multiple Cub facts that none of them seem to know. You know quiz them. It seems to work decent. rarely will you find a fan that can name the whole pitching staff or most of the lineup.

Or ask something innocent like "Who played LF before they got Moises Alou?" Bet ya anything you'll just get a blank stare.

Risk
02-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Oh man, it was like something directly out of the Tribune. He was talking about how great it is to be a Cubs fan because they have the greatest fans in the world, the greatest ballpark in the world, and everybody loves the Cubs. He talked about how the White Sox can't even fill half their stadium. He talked some more crap about the White Sox, and as Cub fans usually do, never used any true facts to back up his opinions. Yes, his speech was on what it's like to be a Cubs fan, but still, the stuff he said made me want to vomit.

So after his speech, needless to say I was livid. Not only me, but several other people in the class were very upset. I asked the teacher if I may state my rebuttal. This wasn't a debate thing, I was just pissed. lol

My instructor, also a Sox fan, said I could rebutt? (don't know the proper word, we'll just say retaliate :wink:) in the hall after class. She was obviously joking, but oh man I wanted to punch this little guy out. I was so pissed. :angry::angry::angry:

Wow. Maybe it's just me, but I remember when one was giving a speech in class at the college level, it sure as hell had to be about serious issues. You know, important things in the world like wars, budget deficits, nuclear proliferation, separation of church and state, the effectiveness of the nation-building by the UN, the euro vs. the dollar, media consolidation, etc. All what can be considered worthy of a speech at an institution of higher learning.

Now...Let me get this straight...This numbskull wrote a speech, to be presented in front of a class of his peers, at the University of Northern Illinois, about why it is great to be a fan of a sports team. You've got to be ******* me. If I'm the professor, just on the subject alone I fail this moron.

Well, I'm not going to waste any more time analyzing the stupefying acts of that idiot. Look at it this way, this guy is just more proof of the "dumbing down" of America's youth.

Have a nice day.

Risk

Vestigio
02-10-2005, 01:12 PM

If this moron was in my class, I would have just gotten out of my seat and walk out of class for a few minutes.

A.T. Money
02-10-2005, 01:18 PM
If I was the professor, I wouldn't have even approved his topic.

Tekijawa
02-10-2005, 01:29 PM
In college I had to give three speeches, in my speech class.

One was on Why we should kill all the Cows on the planet, the second on was why you should consume as much alcohol as you can each day and the health benefits of doing such (I left out the many draw backs), and why College was unnecessary (Using Bill Gates and the Virgin C.E.O as examples).

I don't know why some one would right a speech on such a ridiculous topic such as how great the Cubs are?!?!?

SOXFAN82
02-10-2005, 01:29 PM
WAS THIS THE KID WHO GAVE THE SPEECH
http://www.glossynews.com/artman/uploads/cubs_booger.jpg

mjharrison72
02-10-2005, 02:22 PM
If this moron was in my class, I would have just gotten out of my seat and walk out of class for a few minutes.
I was thinking the same thing... for the other guy's safety, I would have just taken a long walk rather than sit there and get more and more steamed.
-M

SOXintheBURGH
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing... for the other guy's safety, I would have just taken a long walk rather than sit there and get more and more steamed.
-M

Eh, I probably would have waited for him outside the building and gave him the thrashing of a life time.

Risk
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
WAS THIS THE KID WHO GAVE THE SPEECH
http://www.glossynews.com/artman/uploads/cubs_booger.jpg

NNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRDDDDDDDSSSS!:redneck

Risk

batmanZoSo
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM

That's education today. I sometimes cringe at the things my classmates say and do.

Man hearing this story makes me wanna give a speech right now on how moronic it actually is to be a cub fan. I would've loved to be next in line after that kid. If I'd put together a speech about whales, I'd have winged a Sox speech just to take him down a peg. :cool:

SoxFan76
02-10-2005, 03:56 PM
It was a self introduction speech. Most people did a speech on an important issue in their life. (one girl did a nice speech on her mom's alcohol problem and her recovery, another guy did a GREAT speech on his drug and gang problems he had in high school, and how he's been clean for 3 years) Others, like myself, described what it's like to be part of a specific culture. I did mine on what it was like growing up in a very Italian family. This kid did one on the culture of being a Cubs fan. :?:

SoxFan76
02-10-2005, 03:57 PM
oh, and yes I agree that the instructor shouldn't of even approved the topic. We had to e-mail her I think it was 2 weeks in advance with our topic so she could approve it. I don't understand why she let him do it.

Over By There
02-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Your classmate?

:woo-woo
Cubs Woo! NIU Woo!

patbooyah
02-10-2005, 05:00 PM

my favorite post of the day.

!Winning=Fung!
02-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey SoxFan76, do you go to NIU like I do, if so give me the name of the kid and I'll take care of it.

You guys won't believe how many idiot cub fans there are here. There's about the same amount of Sox hats walking around, but flubby fans don't know SH*T from shine. Ask um a question about baseball and there just like uhhhh, i dont know but at least we fill our stadium. I tell them that's cause the North side is predominantly GAY and the fans love seeing each other piss in those big old a** piss bowls.

Proof to my comment: Gay parade two blocks from wrigley and from the cubsuck.com site, cubs were the first to promote homosexuals somehow with their crappy ivy magazine.

Palehose13
02-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey SoxFan76, do you go to NIU like I do, if so give me the name of the kid and I'll take care of it.

You guys won't believe how many idiot cub fans there are here. There's about the same amount of Sox hats walking around, but flubby fans don't know SH*T from shine. Ask um a question about baseball and there just like uhhhh, i dont know but at least we fill our stadium. I tell them that's cause the North side is predominantly GAY and the fans love seeing each other piss in those big old a** piss bowls.

Proof to my comment: Gay parade two blocks from wrigley and from the cubsuck.com site, cubs were the first to promote homosexuals somehow with their crappy ivy magazine.

Intelligent. You got into college with that amazing brain, eh? :rolleyes:

zach074
02-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Im giving a speech on the Black Sox in a few days.

SoxFan76
02-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Im giving a speech on the Black Sox in a few days.

That is a great topic, and I hope to do that in one of my future papers in college. I'm almost positive the opportunity will arise, even though I'm a math major. Actually I'm in English 104 right now, and the course is basically using 15 weeks to create a research paper step by step. I guess I could of picked the Black Sox, but I have a feeling that paper would be over 20 pages long. So I picked steroids in baseball since it's recently all over the news.

SOXSINCE'70
02-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Ask him if he even knows about his Cubs' great offseason moves:

Cubs lose:
Moises Alou
Matt Clement
Kyle Farnsworth
Kent Mercker
Sammy Sosa

Cubs get:
Henry Blanco
Jeromy Burnitz
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Roberto Novoa
Stephen Randolph

I doubt he even knows about his favorite team's offseason moves but if he did he surely wouldn't be happy. :rolleyes:

And therein lies the difference between Sox fans,who actually can highlight
some (if not all) transactions made this offseason, and sCrUBS fans who don't even care that the Urinal is an unsafe stadium unfit for a T- Ball team.:D:

jvoboogie
02-12-2005, 02:23 PM
So lets see? great reasons to be a cub fan? lets start with no parking, must take the train, hmmm chance of getting mugged. Can't get tickets! gotta see the scalper? oh the cubs scalp their own tickets! odd. But we're inside, beautiful park, but man these seats are small. Oh well lets get a beer, what! 6 bucks for warm old style? How bout a dog, man they sure were better at that place on the south side. Oh well lets watch the game. So who's pitching today, Hey its woodie! no wait he's a late scratch, bad case of lack of intestinal fortitude. Oh well the sun is shining and hey what about that babe two rows down! Oh well better hit the can, you say the nearest one is where? don't know if I can make it. aaaahhhh just in time. Back to the game whats the score you mean we're down by six? well thats ok the sun is shining and it doesn't matter if sosa just lost a fly ball in it Dusty will think of something. Oh not Farnsworth again! Oh lets get out of here and head over to Sluggers I hear Ronnie Woo is performing (oops gotta go the teal police are coming)

!Winning=Fung!
02-12-2005, 02:40 PM
So lets see? great reasons to be a cub fan? lets start with no parking, must take the train, hmmm chance of getting mugged. Can't get tickets! gotta see the scalper? oh the cubs scalp their own tickets! odd. But we're inside, beautiful park, but man these seats are small. Oh well lets get a beer, what! 6 bucks for warm old style? How bout a dog, man they sure were better at that place on the south side. Oh well lets watch the game. So who's pitching today, Hey its woodie! no wait he's a late scratch, bad case of lack of intestinal fortitude. Oh well the sun is shining and hey what about that babe two rows down! Oh well better hit the can, you say the nearest one is where? don't know if I can make it. aaaahhhh just in time. Back to the game whats the score you mean we're down by six? well thats ok the sun is shining and it doesn't matter if sosa just lost a fly ball in it Dusty will think of something. Oh not Farnsworth again! Oh lets get out of here and head over to Sluggers I hear Ronnie Woo is performing (oops gotta go the teal police are coming)

Yeah the teal police. Its funny how we can't talk crap about the scrubs when "what's the score" is supposed to be the place to do it (look at the description) and at the top of the page has a wrigley field urinal picture. Where are we supposed to?

We despise preppy scrub fans, that is why we visit this site, that is why we yell with pride at the game, that is why we have a south side mentality, that is why we are considered blue collar, this is why we are WHITE SOX FANS!

Palehose13
02-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah the teal police. Its funny how we can't talk crap about the scrubs when "what's the score" is supposed to be the place to do it (look at the description) and at the top of the page has a wrigley field urinal picture. Where are we supposed to?

I don't know what you mean by this. Have you been told not to talk about the cubs in this forum?

We despise preppy scrub fans, that is why we visit this site, that is why we yell with pride at the game, that is why we have a south side mentality, that is why we are considered blue collar, this is why we are WHITE SOX FANS!

Ummmmmmm...speak for yourself. I visit this site because of my love of the Sox, not my hatred of the cubs. I also do not like to define myself by being the antithesis of something else.

jvoboogie
02-14-2005, 12:21 AM
We all love the Sox, we rag on Cub fans because its fun, they all walk around with bullseyes on there back. Some of my most interesting arguments are with my Cub fan Brother,and he's my best friend!