PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, it's happening again

ChiSox14305635
02-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I swear this is the first and only time I'm mentioning this, but with the Farnsworth trade, the sports talk radio stations are dedicating all talk to the trade. Because there isn't alot of news going on right now, that's fine with me. But I am gonna ask one thing: Was there this much discussion when El Caballo was traded? Or when Iguchi was signed? I don't recall too much talk on either the Score or ESPN 1000 aside from their 20 minute update or when they had either Ofman/Levine discussing the deal right then and there. But nothing further.

The circus they had with Sosa leaving was fine; that's a big-time name and it had a major impact, but Farnsworth?

I know I'm probably making too much out of this, but all of this Cubs talk is annoying. Talk about the Bulls or the Illini for crying out loud.

RichFitztightly
02-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I know I'm probably making too much out of this, but all of this Cubs talk is annoying. Talk about the Bulls or the Illini for crying out loud.

Bulls and Illini !? How do they relate to the Cubs?

Whitesox029
02-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Talk about the Bulls or the Illini for crying out loud.
I have a novel idea:
How about we have some White Sox talk?

ChiSox14305635
02-09-2005, 05:03 PM
I have a novel idea:

Methinks you might be asking a bit much.

CubsfansareDRUNK
02-09-2005, 05:03 PM
I have a novel idea:

this is a CUBS town

Banix12
02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
I've worked in radio. Your topics are chosen by the news of the day. The sox didn't really have a big baseball story today, the cubs did. It's also a slow news day other than the basketball wins.

Back when the sox made most of their acquisitions there was more stuff going on. Also when you are talking about Iguchi coming to the team there is not much to say other than "I wanted Willie" or "Better than Wille, hope he does well" or "What Happened to Alomar?"

Farnsworth is a much richer topic cause you can get a bunch of rememberances of him falling asleep in the club house, fighting reds, or kicking fans. Just on the nature that Chicago fans are more familiar with Farnsworth as a player makes him a richer topic of discussion.

And as I recall there was quite a bit of discussion on the Lee trade when that went down. Maybe not as much as you would have liked, but still a lot.

SOXSINCE'70
02-13-2005, 09:46 AM
this is a CUBS town

:reinsy

"It's a sCrUBS town 'cause I say so!!":D: :D: :D:

Fake Chet Lemon
02-19-2005, 03:50 PM
The Score is known for this. I tuned in the evening we signed A.J. to hear and talk about the move. That same evening St. Louis signed Mark Grudzelanek (who cares!) and Murphy had more talk on how that move affects the NL Central than the Sox picking up a former All-Star. What a joke.

DumpJerry
02-19-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't give a &*#$& what or whom they talk about on the radio. Know why? Talk does not win games. As long as the Sox are winning, I don't care what is being said on the radio. The Cubbies are the ones who are always worried about what is being said by the media, remember? After all, Steve Stone cost them the division last year.