PDA

View Full Version : Will the White Sox make it to the ALDS?

DrGiggles
02-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Will the White Sox make it to the American League Division Series?

Whitesox029
02-09-2005, 03:26 PM
I assume you mean ALCS...the ALDS is the first round, which makes the responses "No" and "They won't even make the playoffs" mean the same thing.

Clembasbal
02-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I want to say World Series, but I just don't think that will happen. I want to be optimistic, but I think I am just being realistic.

We will go to the ALDS though!

PAPChiSox729
02-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Everytime I llok at this team, I get less optimistic. At first, I was estatic and thought that this team is built to compete AND win. But I just am realizing how easy it would be for us to fall out of the race early. The last 3 years have really started to wear on me. But I'm sure I will be a little more optimistic when ST starts.

oharewx
02-09-2005, 08:32 PM
the only way the sox will win the division is if they play well the first two months. it may be tough with a team who isn't used to playing with each other and with thomas out. i hope ozzie can bring these guys together and kick some butt.

chisox06
02-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Um the option "no" and "they wont even make the playoffs" is the same thing. Do you mean ALCS? I hope you do.

Whitesox029
02-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I assume you mean ALCS...the ALDS is the first round, which makes the responses "No" and "They won't even make the playoffs" mean the same thing.
Um the option "no" and "they wont even make the playoffs" is the same thing. Do you mean ALCS? I hope you do.
Can I sue for post-plagiarism or shall we assume he didn't read anything but the first post?

SoxBoy14
02-09-2005, 10:23 PM
If the rotation stays healthy, they will compete to the end. What I like the most about the off-season is: 1. bolstering the bullpen [Hermanson-Vizcaino] and 2. We picked up a 5th starter [Garland] Call me on the 4th of July. I need to fill up the koolaid glass.

While you're at it, go check out the best college baseball players in America coming to the Chicago area this summer to play in a new $11,000,000 complex in Lisle - yes Lisle. www.dupagedragons.com (http://www.dupagedragons.com) By the way, while watching the Dragons, you can enjoy a few :gulp:

HITMEN OF 77
02-10-2005, 01:32 AM
If the Sox don't make it to the ALDS this year, oh man. This team is as well rounded and talented as any in the majors and probably the best Sox team in sometime (on paper at least)

BigFrankRetard
02-10-2005, 06:26 AM
If the Sox don't make it to the ALDS this year, oh man. This team is as well rounded and talented as any in the majors and probably the best Sox team in sometime (on paper at least)

If they can't make the playoffs with a rotation of Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, El Duque, and Garland, it's time to completely clean house and start over.

34 Inch Stick
02-10-2005, 07:17 AM
If you haven't noticed they just did clean house and start over.

This is a team that is going to have to win by being intense every night. The pitching should keep games close but runs will have to be produced with aggressive baseball. That is not the easist thing to do over 162 games. While I am not an Ozzie fan, I do think he is the type of manager that will keep this team aggressive. In the end we are a good team that should be in it until the end.

As for the playoffs, I consider them to be a crapshoot. The key is to get there.

BigFrankRetard
02-10-2005, 07:42 AM
If you haven't noticed they just did clean house and start over.

No, I meant the front office and older "patchwork players" (Everett, Dye, El Duque, etc.).

MIgrenade
02-10-2005, 08:17 AM
The fact is they've barely cleaned house at all because they lost no prospects. Only big league talent was lost to get big league talent. The team was overhauled, not cleaned out.

faneidde
02-10-2005, 09:14 AM
If this poster meant ALCS, there is no way. In order to get to the ALCS, the Sox would have to do a number of things. First, beat the stinking Twins for the division, which is most likely doable. Then, the hard part. They'd likely have to beat either the Red Sox or Yankess in a playoff series, and I really don't see that happening right now.

Fenway
02-10-2005, 09:20 AM
If this poster meant ALCS, there is no way. In order to get to the ALCS, the Sox would have to do a number of things. First, beat the stinking Twins for the division, which is most likely doable. Then, the hard part. They'd likely have to beat either the Red Sox or Yankess in a playoff series, and I really don't see that happening right now.

I think you summed up the big problem of the American League. People gripe about Boston's payroll but what are they supposed to do when they are in the same division as Steinbrenner?

The Yankees over 162 will usually have the best record because of payroll BUT as we have seen it doesn't help them in a short series.

At least the White Sox have a shot for the playoffs. What hope do the Orioles and Blue Jays fans have right now? None..nada

34 Inch Stick
02-10-2005, 10:46 AM
The fact is they've barely cleaned house at all because they lost no prospects. Only big league talent was lost to get big league talent. The team was overhauled, not cleaned out.

In the last half year they have replaced 4 out of 8 starting fielders, 2 out of 5 starting pitchers and at least 3 relievers. We may be arguing semantics but I call that cleaning house.