PDA

View Full Version : FWIW..... Ed Farmer Predicts.....

CubKilla
02-08-2005, 02:36 PM
The AL Central crown will be won by one of these 3 teams this season..... the White Sox, The Tigers, or the Indians.

No mention of the Twins :o:

As heard this afternoon on the Kevin Matthews Show where Farmio discussed the Magglio deal.

Baby Fisk
02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
If only we had some way of gaining a deeper knowledge of the complex workings of this man's mind. Is he some sort of empath, or just an idiot savant?

If only we could have another round of... ASK FARMIO!

(*** is that all about, you ask? LINKY (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39334&highlight=farmio))

veeter
02-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Farmer always leaves me scratching my head. His goofy traits anger me a lot of times. He's just so weird. On the other hand, I realize he's a cool guy with a sense of humor. But I can't take him in large doses. On a side note: he and Rooney complain way too much about the umps.

MUsoxfan
02-08-2005, 04:18 PM
On a side note: he and Rooney complain way too much about the umps.

Somehow Enrico Palazzo finds his way onto entirely too many Sox umpiring crews

Tekijawa
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
On a side note, I've narrowed my list of teams that have a chance to win the AL central from 5 down to four.... I've also gotten the number of teams that might possibly win the World Series down to a list in the mid 20's... but then again Farmer has always been light years ahead of me in baseball smarts!

Brian26
02-08-2005, 05:32 PM
On a side note: he and Rooney complain way too much about the umps.

And the schedule. I hate it when they complain about the schedule.

:rooney

"What about this road trip coming up?"

:farmer

"After we get off the charter in Cooperstown to play San Diego in the Hall of Fame Game, we'll be catching a red-eye to Seattle to play the Mariners for a twi-night doubleheader before we head down to San Juan for the weekend to play the Expos in interleague play."

:rooney

"I just hope they have better movies on the plane this time instead of 'Just Married'."

petekat
02-08-2005, 05:39 PM
aside from his incessant domerism, his incomprehensible rantings (going off on the BLue Jay ball club and on all Canadians because he was displeased by the lack of Canadian support for the US invasion of Iraq) and his long digressions on nonsense- He's ok.

Farmer always leaves me scratching my head. His goofy traits anger me a lot of times. He's just so weird. On the other hand, I realize he's a cool guy with a sense of humor. But I can't take him in large doses. On a side note: he and Rooney complain way too much about the umps.

Fire Kenny
02-08-2005, 06:11 PM
The Tigers?!?!?!?!?!? He just lost a lot of my respect with that prediction....

HomeFish
02-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Farmer is the Timo Perez of the broadcast booth -- he is a joy to listen to and underrated as well.

MUsoxfan
02-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Farmer is the Timo Perez of the broadcast booth -- he is a joy to listen to and underrated as well.

I like that analogy alot. Although I've never really listened to Timo at length:D:

chisoxmike
02-08-2005, 07:10 PM
I also have a prediction to make...

The AL Central crown will be won by either the Sox, Twins, Tigers, Indians, or Royals.

A team that wins the AL Pennent and the NL Pennent will win the World Series.

The AL Central crown will be won by one of these 3 teams this season..... the White Sox, The Tigers, or the Indians.

Come on Farmio, you're better than that.

RKMeibalane
02-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't pay any attention to Farmer. This is the same guy who thought that Frank Thomas needed to "make the team" back in 2003. I lost all respect for him after that display, and he hasn't done anything to earn it back since.

"And Thomas picks up his second hit of the game. Frank knows he needs to have a good Spring Training in order to make this team."

DickAllen72
02-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Come on Farmio, you're better than that.

No, he's not.

OEO Magglio
02-08-2005, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't pay any attention to Farmer. This is the same guy who thought that Frank Thomas needed to "make the team" back in 2003. I lost all respect for him after that display, and he hasn't done anything to earn it back since.

"And Thomas picks up his second hit of the game. Frank knows he needs to have a good Spring Training in order to make this team."
Ya, I'm not a big fan of Farmer either. I'll guarantee either the Twins or Sox win the division how about that :tongue:

MrRoboto83
02-08-2005, 08:50 PM

"I don't wear socks it is too hot, and I'm too cool"

nccwsfan
02-08-2005, 08:59 PM
If only we had some way of gaining a deeper knowledge of the complex workings of this man's mind. Is he some sort of empath, or just an idiot savant?

If only we could have another round of... ASK FARMIO!

(*** is that all about, you ask? LINKY (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39334&highlight=farmio))

I remember reading this back in August and being in tears for about 20 minutes. Unquestionably the greatest thread I have ever seen in my life!! It is a MUST that 'Ask Farmio' make a 2005 return.

The Critic
02-08-2005, 09:11 PM

I remember that as clear as day. Rooney kept trying to bail him out:
"You mean he needs a good spring to re-establish himself as a leader on this team...right?"
"No, I mean he's in danger of not making this ballclub."
The final proof for me that Farmer is an imbecile. A snooze-inducing, no-sock-wearing complete dolt.

MUsoxfan
02-08-2005, 09:16 PM
"You mean he needs a good spring to re-establish himself as a leader on this team...right?"
The final proof for me that Farmer is an imbecile. A snooze-inducing, no-sock-wearing complete dolt.

I like him. He cracks me up and he brings insight into the game....as odd as it may be sometimes.

Jerome
02-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Wow. Bulletin board material starts early. Thanks Farmer. We haven't won $*** and already we're disrespecting the Twins.

I predict the AL Central will be won by one of the following one teams:

Minnesota Twins.

patbooyah
02-24-2005, 02:24 PM

i love farmer. that being said, maybe he was referring to the fact that the sox might send thomas away. just wording it strangely in an attempt to be subtle.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-24-2005, 02:30 PM

As heard this afternoon on the Kevin Matthews Show where Farmio discussed the Magglio deal.

No offense to any of his fans, but I never liked Ed Farmer. He tries to be too much of a tough guy and after the statement he just made, a fool as well. I love Rooney but Farmer has got to go. Sad as it seems, but I'd much rather have Santo than Farmer. Santo maybe a tool and all, but at least he's entertaining to listen to.

LVSoxFan
02-24-2005, 03:03 PM
The Tigers?!?!?!?!?!? He just lost a lot of my respect with that prediction....

Er, I wouldn't underestimate the Tigers this year.

And remember last year, when they were coming off their worst year ever? They still beat us pretty regularly.

This division's going to be tough this year, except for hapless KC.

Whitesox029
02-24-2005, 04:48 PM
No offense to any of his fans, but I never liked Ed Farmer. He tries to be too much of a tough guy and after the statement he just made, a fool as well. I love Rooney but Farmer has got to go. Sad as it seems, but I'd much rather have Santo than Farmer. Santo maybe a tool and all, but at least he's entertaining to listen to.
Santo's not a tool, he's a buffoon who doesn't belong in a broadcast booth. Farmer is a tool. That said, I'd rather listen to a tool than a buffoon. And yes, I am a Farmer fan.