PDA

View Full Version : ESPN can't get Enough of Torii

ND_Sox_Fan
02-08-2005, 01:00 PM
First he's the "most exciting base runner" - now he's the "Ultimate Wall Banger."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=1984124

Is Minnesota and Torii Hunter the new Boston for ESPN??

MUsoxfan
02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
ESPN has always had a soft spot in their heart for the Twinkies....ever since they narrowly avoided contraction and won the division that year.

veeter
02-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I loathe ESPN. When ESPN first appeared on cable I was 14. Being young and dumb I loved them. As I've aged and matured I realize that Espn is a joke. From the east coast bias to really unprepared "experts" I can't watch it anymore.

JKryl
02-08-2005, 04:52 PM
I loathe ESPN. When ESPN first appeared on cable I was 14. Being young and dumb I loved them. As I've aged and matured I realize that Espn is a joke. From the east coast bias to really unprepared "experts" I can't watch it anymore.

Well, what do you expect from a company that considers Mickey Mouse to be their corporate icon.

JUribe1989
02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Wow I really want Freddy to peg Torii this year, and then when Torii tries to charge the mound, AJ will put him in his place.

ND_Sox_Fan
02-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Wow I really want Freddy to peg Torii this year, and then when Torii tries to charge the mound, AJ will put him in his place.

I would love to see some of that fire actually displayed on the field this year.

OEO Magglio
02-09-2005, 12:02 AM
First he's the "most exciting base runner" - now he's the "Ultimate Wall Banger."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=1984124

Is Minnesota and Torii Hunter the new Boston for ESPN??
Well, there is no doubt in my mind that Torii is the best at going up and over the wall, however by that title, Aaron should have won that award. :D:

SoxSpeed22
02-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I would love to see some of that fire actually displayed on the field this year.Agreed, I want to see at least 1 melee between them this year. Suspensions are not like the NBA or NFL, throwin a chair at fans gets you only 10 games! (PS Nobody throw any plastic cups at Torii Hunter).

Cubbiesuck13
02-09-2005, 01:42 AM
I know that we all hate ESPN and Torri Hunter but is the article false? No, they even said that he wasn't the best overall CF, just the best at taking HR's away.

ND_Sox_Fan
02-09-2005, 02:50 AM
I know that we all hate ESPN and Torri Hunter but is the article false? No, they even said that he wasn't the best overall CF, just the best at taking HR's away.

True, but why feature a story just on that aspect alone? So they can put Torii's face on it?

Erik The Red
02-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Agreed, I want to see at least 1 melee between them this year. Suspensions are not like the NBA or NFL, throwin a chair at fans gets you only 10 games! (PS Nobody throw any plastic cups at Torii Hunter).
Don't forget, Torii's from the hood.

Jabroni
02-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Don't forget, Torii's from the hood.Wrong, he's "from the hood, playa!" :rolleyes: :tongue:

Mohoney
02-09-2005, 04:22 AM
There is something that we can do to make all this crap go away, and that is beat the Twins about 15 times.