PDA

View Full Version : Magglio says DETROIT best team in the division?

twinsuck1
02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I was just checking out sportsnite on comcast sportsnet and they had some video clips of Magglios press confrence In Detroit. He said that Detroit had great pitching? great all around team and they are the best team In the division? and they will WIN THE DIVISION???? Any thoughts on this? I know he Is now with Detroit and what else Is he going to say but come on' :?:

NSSoxFan
02-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Magglio isn't a White Sox anymore, I can care less what he has to say.

Jjav829
02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
I was just checking out sportsnite on comcast sportsnet and they had some video clips of Magglios press confrence In Detroit. He said that Detroit had great pitching? great all around team and they are the best team In the division? and they will WIN THE DIVISION???? Any thoughts on this? I know he Is now with Detroit and what else Is he going to say but come on' :?:

Read your own post. He's on Detroit now. What do you honestly expect him to say on the day he is introduced to Tigers fans everywhere? "We have a decent team, but I'm just hoping we can contend for 4th place?" Of course not! He's trying to say the right thing and win over Tigers fans. This isn't news. Every single player says something similar when they first sign with a new team, as long as the team is anywhere close to being a good team.

Jjav829
02-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Magglio isn't a White Sox anymore, I can care less what he has to say.

[kittle42] How much less can you care? [kittle42]

JUribe1989
02-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Maggs only has to miss 25 games while on the DL this season and they can void his contract. I was assuming he would miss that much.

Viva Medias B's
02-07-2005, 10:23 PM

In other words, he thinks the Tigers are going to make the...

PLAYOFFS?!? HE'S TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!?!?

twinsuck1
02-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I understand guys. I need to let go I guess. Its hard to see maggs In that uniform and hear those words coming out of his mouth. Oh well, can't wait to put a spanking on them tigers! GO SOX!!!:D:

JUribe1989
02-07-2005, 10:26 PM

LOL Jim Mora all over again!

OurBitchinMinny
02-07-2005, 10:55 PM

What would you say if you went to a new team, "man are we gonna suck, but at least I got paid?" They arent a doormat anymore. If they had any pitching at all Id be more worried about them, but they are improving team. Plus they have a better RF than us

samram
02-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Maggs only has to miss 25 games while on the DL this season and they can void his contract. I was assuming he would miss that much.

Oh yeah, he'll miss far more than 25 games- just never more than five or six in a row. Getting Magglio to go on the DL without complaint will be harder than trying to explain the theory of relativity to Anna Nicole Smith.

JUribe1989
02-07-2005, 11:03 PM
O my god, I just threw up watching the press conference. Boras clapped for himself after one of his statements. Magglio named all his kids after him (Magglio, Maggliana). The completely dodged the question about his injury. Does anyone else think he is going to get hurt? I also think he was on the roids.

JUribe1989
02-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah, he'll miss far more than 25 games- just never more than five or six in a row. Getting Magglio to go on the DL without complaint will be harder than trying to explain the theory of relativity to Anna Nicole Smith.

Unbelievable Anna Nicole Smith analogy

jake27
02-07-2005, 11:15 PM
what do you expect him to say? if a reporter asks how he thinks the tigers would do this season, hes not going to say "well i dont think we will make the playoffs". of course he is going to say they are a playoff team.

Shorty1983
02-08-2005, 12:31 AM
O my god, I just threw up watching the press conference. Boras clapped for himself after one of his statements. Magglio named all his kids after him (Magglio, Maggliana). The completely dodged the question about his injury. Does anyone else think he is going to get hurt? I also think he was on the roids.

:) LOL!

mdep524
02-08-2005, 12:37 AM
What would you say if you went to a new team, "man are we gonna suck, but at least I got paid?"
LOL, I wish he would have said that. "Man, are we gonna suck, but at least got paid." Then he walks out of the conference room without answering any questions from the media as "Baby Elephant Walk" plays on the room's speakers.

SOXSINCE'70
02-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Yes,but can you explain the theory to Pam Anderson??:rolling: :rolling:

SOXintheBURGH
02-08-2005, 09:44 AM

"I just hope we can win a game. Another game."