PDA

View Full Version : I'm Giddy like a Schoolgirl!

BRDSR
02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
This morning I called the Sox season ticket line and ordered my first split-season ticket package. Needless to say, I'm very excited. I got the Double Play package so I'll be at all the weekend home games this season. I love those Saturday games because I'll usually go downtown a few hours early and leisurely hang out in the loop or something before going to the ballpark around 4:30 for the 6:00 start. If I'm there with the ladyfriend I'll stick around for the very cool fireworks show, or if I'm there with a buddy maybe we'll take off and head for the city. And Sunday afternoon games? The best. Sun beating down on you with a cold one(Coke for me) in your hand and the White Sox playing their game en route to a 5-3 win? Man, can't wait. I started considering it when the Sox signed AJ and then practically tripped all over myself trying to get the money together when they signed Iguchi. I was only eight years old in 1993 so I didn't have a real firm grasp on the team, but I think I can confidently say that this is the most well-rounded, complete team we've had in the past 11 seasons. I'm pumped.

My tickets are section 103, row 2, seats 12 and 13. Those are right/center so I'll be catching all the home run balls from all our left-handed power hitters. Does anyone else have season tickets in that area, I'd love to know some people around me. Anyway, I'm just very excited, and that is the jist of my post. Here's to April 4th, it can't come soon enough! :gulp:

Shingotime!!
02-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Jabroni
02-07-2005, 09:11 PM
I just ordered 2 Minnie Plans with upper box seats. I'm excited to go to all the great games (opening day, Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs) but I'm not too thrilled with the price (around $400).

OG4LIFE
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
i also had a double play package in that exact section in 2003. got to cheer for maggs every time he ran out, and slam sham-me during the cubs series. you'll like the seats. 2nd row aint bad neither!

if i move back to chicago before the season starts, i will also most likely get the double play deal, possibly in that section, depending on who i get the tickets with and what their budget is.

C-Dawg
02-07-2005, 10:40 PM
My tickets are section 103, row 2, seats 12 and 13. Those are right/center so I'll be catching all the home run balls from all our left-handed power hitters. Does anyone else have season tickets in that area, I'd love to know some people around me.

My Minnie plan package just came last week, and about half of them are Section 103, the closest being Row 4. The rest of them are Section 158 I believe. I like those areas in the park.

HebrewHammer
02-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I also went in on 2 double play plans with my dad. We're in section 531 row 6, seats 1 and 2, spring training can't come fast enough.

NSSoxFan
02-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I also went in on 2 double play plans with my dad. We're in section 531 row 6, seats 1 and 2, spring training can't come fast enough.

Only 8 days away.

rwcescato
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
This morning I called the Sox season ticket line and ordered my first split-season ticket package. Needless to say, I'm very excited. I got the Double Play package so I'll be at all the weekend home games this season. I love those Saturday games because I'll usually go downtown a few hours early and leisurely hang out in the loop or something before going to the ballpark around 4:30 for the 6:00 start. If I'm there with the ladyfriend I'll stick around for the very cool fireworks show, or if I'm there with a buddy maybe we'll take off and head for the city. And Sunday afternoon games? The best. Sun beating down on you with a cold one(Coke for me) in your hand and the White Sox playing their game en route to a 5-3 win? Man, can't wait. I started considering it when the Sox signed AJ and then practically tripped all over myself trying to get the money together when they signed Iguchi. I was only eight years old in 1993 so I didn't have a real firm grasp on the team, but I think I can confidently say that this is the most well-rounded, complete team we've had in the past 11 seasons. I'm pumped.

My tickets are section 103, row 2, seats 12 and 13. Those are right/center so I'll be catching all the home run balls from all our left-handed power hitters. Does anyone else have season tickets in that area, I'd love to know some people around me. Anyway, I'm just very excited, and that is the jist of my post. Here's to April 4th, it can't come soon enough! :gulp:

I am in section 100 row 1. The problem is I have tix for the split weekday package. I have had those for 5 years now. Maybe somehow we will run into eachother someday.
Rich

BRDSR
02-08-2005, 01:07 AM
I am in section 100 row 1. The problem is I have tix for the split weekday package. I have had those for 5 years now. Maybe somehow we will run into eachother someday.
Rich

That would be cool. By the way, isn't section 100, row 1 like...one seat? Thats the triangle shaped section, correct? I sat up in like, row 15 once in that section and couldn't see half the outfield because of batters eye thing to the right. But I bet row 1 would be awesome there.

Church Turtle
02-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I live so far in the outback that I'll just be able to hit a few games hit or miss. I'm going to start another thread because of something you've made me wonder about. Anyway, congrats on the split season package. Nothing like a SOX win and an ice cold Coca-Cola!:smile:

SoxFan78
02-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I also got my first double play season ticket plan this year. Not as close as other people, but very good seats, Sec. 544 Row 1. Got them before they started picking everyone up. Was a little weary, but now im pumped! April 4th cant get here soon enough!

jake27
02-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Nothing like a SOX win and an ice cold Coca-Cola!:smile:

er u mean pepsi right :D:

ewokpelts
02-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I've had teh weekend package for 2 years now in Sec 164, Row 4. I love those seats. Dont love the price. Thanks uncle jerry!
Gene

:reinsy
you're welcome

Brian26
02-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I've had teh weekend package for 2 years now in Sec 164, Row 4. I love those seats. Dont love the price. Thanks uncle jerry!
Gene

Geez, do you want the tickets for free? :D:

ewokpelts
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
:dollarbill:
Yeah..then I'll sell them for aprofit! hahahahahah!

ewokpelts
02-09-2005, 02:07 PM
I simply dont like the astronomical INCREASES per year. 38 for the flubs game that cost 20 in 2003. that sticker shock sometimes hurts.
Gene