PDA

View Full Version : Ancient news... and probably not true either.

SoxBoy14
02-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't know if any of you guys have heard about this already, but my uncle was telling me the other day about this story. Pierzynski was in batting practice and a foul ball hit him straight in the groin. His trainer ran up to him to see if he was ok and asked him how it hurt. Pierzynski then grabbed the trainer and kneed him straight in the groin saying "That's how it hurts". Wow is this guy a psycho or something? Anyways I hope he doesn't act this insane in our dugout.

SoxFan76
02-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Have you ever been hit in the balls? It hurts. I think it's pretty funny that AJ did that though, no matter how wrong it may be.

Someone posted this story a few weeks ago.

Chisox003
02-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Heres the story:
'One of those now-it-can-be-told stories the White Sox, A.J. Pierzynski's new employer, surely haven't heard: During a Giants exhibition game last spring, Pierzynski took a shot to his, shall we say, private parts. Trainer Stan Conte rushed to the scene, placed his hands on Pierzynski's shoulders in a reassuring way, and asked how it felt. "Like this," said Pierzynski, viciously delivering a knee to Conte's groin. It was a real test of professionalism for the enraged Conte, who vowed to ignore Pierzynski for the rest of the season until Conte realized how that would look. The incident went unreported because all of the beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse, but it was corroborated by a half-dozen eyewitnesses who could hardly believe their eyes. Said one source, as reliable as they come: "There is absolutely no doubt that it happened." ...'

Frater Perdurabo
02-08-2005, 08:04 AM
As much as that is a pathetic, mean-spirited thing to do, I can see how it could happen. It is not right, but it is understandable, especially for someone with a mean streak like A.J. If I got hit in the groin with a blazing baseball, I'd be pretty volatile if someone asked me how it felt, even if they had the best intentions.

Whitesox029
02-08-2005, 03:51 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0502030426feb03,1,3750490.story
Not surprisingly, the tribune printed this last Thursday, several weeks after it appeared at WSI, and claiming it to be fact. The story is full of holes (Half a dozen eyewitnesses? At a Baseball game?), but as usual, the trib never lets the truth get in the way of a good Sox-bashing story.

Ol' No. 2
02-08-2005, 04:01 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0502030426feb03,1,3750490.story
Not surprisingly, the tribune printed this last Thursday, several weeks after it appeared at WSI, and claiming it to be fact. The story is full of holes (Half a dozen eyewitnesses? At a Baseball game?), but as usual, the trib never lets the truth get in the way of a good Sox-bashing story.Half a dozen UNNAMED witnesses. Those are always the best kind. Here's the clincher:

The incident went unreported because all of the beat writers happened to be doing in-game interviews in the clubhouse.
Sure. Who was on the field playing if the players were in the clubhouse giving interviews?

idseer
02-08-2005, 04:51 PM
to everyone that took/takes this seriously ... i heard hitler is still alive. spread the word.

Rocklive99
02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Eh, I don't have a temper, and I hate when people ask me how I am after choking or getting hurt in some way, as if their words will help me to feel better, depending on who it is, I may flip out at them :redface: Hard to explain, just I'm trying to focus on getting whatever is stuck on my throat out (choking) or making sure body parts still work (I dunno falling during basketball or something) and hate while other people come running with "Are you okay?!?!"

Hmmm, a guy whose last name was Conte was the SF trainer...