PDA

View Full Version : Staying under the radar...put all columnist predictions here

SoxxoS
02-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I figured I would start a thread that we would revive at the end of the season, b/c I heard PHG loves those.

Seriously, this will be a thread reserved for random columnists and predictions about where the Sox will finish. As been talked about recenty on here, we have been getting LITTLE respect...so when we take the division, these people will feel the wrath of WSI.

Please post who the predictor was, and the website/link. Please no discussion about the predictions. If heard on radio, please put host and station. This is going to be a great thread to go back to so we can stick it in these morons faces.

My first moron-

Scott Ridge, in chat for ESPN today, picked the White Sox to finish fourth...behind the Indians, Twins, and Tigers. (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7216)

WSox8404
02-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I figured I would start a thread that we would revive at the end of the season, b/c I heard PHG loves those.

Seriously, this will be a thread reserved for random columnists and predictions about where the Sox will finish. As been talked about recenty on here, we have been getting LITTLE respect...so when we take the division, these people will feel the wrath of WSI.

Please post who the predictor was, and the website/link. Please no discussion about the predictions. If heard on radio, please put host and station. This is going to be a great thread to go back to so we can stick it in these morons faces.

My first moron-

Scott Ridge, in chat for ESPN today, picked the White Sox to finish fourth...behind the Indians, Twins, and Tigers. (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7216)

Honestly the best thing to do is ignore these morons.

TheTwinsMustDie
02-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Great idea.......Lets keep track of all these Melvins........At the end of the season we can then laugh at all these so called 'experts'.

Fourth place.....give me a break.

SoxxoS
02-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Honestly the best thing to do is ignore these morons.

Disagree, the fun is calling them on it at the end of the season, which is easier with one combined thread...

santo=dorf
02-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Jim Molony (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20050131&content_id=937570&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp)White Soxhttp://www.mlb.com/images/logos/38x45/cws_38x45.gif
The White Sox continue their move from power to a more balanced offensive attack -- or, at least, that's the goal. With at least three new Opening Day starters, the White Sox will have a new look this season. It remains to be seen whether the faster model will be more successful than the slugging one the club had relied on the last few years.

Projected regular-season finish: Third place

EDIT: I just watched the video in that link, and they described Cleveland's rotation as "deep," yet they were guessing Scott Elarton was the #5 guy. They called the Sox rotation "above average" but did mention with Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras (they viewed Contreras as the #3,) El Duque, and Garland the Sox have a chance to win every day.

SoxxoS
02-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Exactly the kind of post I was thinking Santo...nice. I am going to find some predictions after dinner.

White Sox Randy
02-08-2005, 07:25 AM
are wrong more often than not. I have been a baseball fan for over 35 years and every year I make it a point to note predictions from columnists and so-called experts - some I have saved to check later at the end of the season.

I can honestly say that my own predictions regularly beat most of them. When it comes to the White Sox, I have usually "under-forecasted" their win totals or place finishes. 2003 was an exception, I was stunned that they did not exceed their 86 wins. Last year, I thought the Sox would finish under .500 and in 3rd place because I thought the pitching staff that opened the season was atrocious.

I believe that this Sox team is the best and most complete team in atleast the last 10 years and I am predicting 90 + wins and a division title.

Lastly, regarding "expert" predictions, on NOV. 12 ESPN printed the list of the top 50 free agents with a "prediction" on which team each player would sign with. With the signing of Ordonez, the list is now complete. ESPN was wrong on 44 of the 50 free agents.