PDA

View Full Version : Who is your most hated Cubs player?

DrGiggles
02-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Who would you say is the player you hate the most on the Cubs. I would definitely say Zambrano. That guy thinks he is a god. I can't stand every five seconds him grabbing his package, that is the most annoying thing, besides his "I'm so young but the best pitcher attitude." He's way too young to think these things and act like a moron.

SOXintheBURGH
02-06-2005, 10:58 AM
I hate Zambrano for the same reasons everyone else does.

Carrie Woods - I don't hate him, because he never did anything personally to piss me off, I just hate the attention he gets that has evolved him into the most overrated pitcher in Major League Baseball.

SpammySosa
02-06-2005, 11:21 AM
I hate Zambrano for the same reasons everyone else does.

Carrie Woods - I don't hate him, because he never did anything personally to piss me off, I just hate the attention he gets that has evolved him into the most overrated pitcher in Major League Baseball.

He must not have got that much attention,otherwise you would be calling him Kerry Wood. :wink:

RKMeibalane
02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
All of them.

MUsoxfan
02-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I don't wish any of them well, but I have to say I hate Zambrano and Hawkins the most

santo=dorf
02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Wood and Patterson. I'm sick of hearing about their ****ing potential. Give me results over potential.

JoseCanseco6969
02-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Who would you say is the player you hate the most on the Cubs. I would definitely say Zambrano. That guy thinks he is a god. I can't stand every five seconds him grabbing his package, that is the most annoying thing, besides his "I'm so young but the best pitcher attitude." He's way too young to think these things and act like a moron.

You should make this a poll.
I'd say Zambrano

munchman33
02-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I'd say Farnsworth, but he's been so bad that I like it when he pitches.

Perhaps Zambrano then.

HebrewHammer
02-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Zambrano and Hawkins, both those guys are punks. Nomar has always been a chump. I will say that their hate-ability level has dropped severly with losing Moist Hands and Sam-ME. I'd probably go with Zambrano, that guy makes CC Sabathia look like a well adjusted human being.

Ol' No. 2
02-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Hate is a little strong, but Kerry Woulda epitomizes the all-hype-and-very-little-substance that has become Cubs baseball. Of course, Sosa could retire the trophy for this, but he's gone.

C-Dawg
02-06-2005, 02:45 PM
I keep hoping for a full season from Prior and Woods, without injuries, and their record is something like 3-12 each. That would expose the all-hype-and-no-substance thing once and for all!

Foulke You
02-06-2005, 02:54 PM
My most hated is now Mark Prior, now that Sam the Sham has left town. The guy is good, but he is so damn arrogant and annoying. He just rubs me the wrong way.

Honorable mention goes to Zambrano and Wood. Zambrano's busch league on mound antics are explanation enough about why that guy is abrasive. I put Wood on the list, not because of the person, but because there is this perception that he is somehow an elite pitcher in MLB. He is a slightly above average pitcher. Nothing more. He is Kenny Rogers with a fastball. Yet the coverage and reputation he has is of someone far greater like Roger Clemens or Randy Johnson. That alone makes him unlikeable.

robertks61
02-06-2005, 03:07 PM
The whole bloody pitching staff!

jvoboogie
02-06-2005, 03:14 PM
A better way to look at this maybe? Who on this team could you actually like , Derek Lee, Todd Walker? Aramis Ramirez has all the potential to be the next Sosa, complete with kissblowing and inflated ego. Still, to waste time on all this negativity seems somewhat counter productive. The real payback comes in May or June when they realize they haven't replaced Alous' and Sosas' offensive #'s. And Cubdumb can't figure out why they're losing games 5 to 4 and 7 to 6. Most Cub fans I know are a little nervous about this. I just shrug my shoulders kind of innocently and say "yeah that could be a problem" and then walk away with laughing to myself.

SoxFan76
02-06-2005, 03:16 PM
The only Cub I've liked, or probably ever will like, was Mark Grace.

Well I guess I like DJ too. He played for the Cubs. :redneck

eastchicagosoxfan
02-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Zambrano is Sosa, except he pitches.

OEO Magglio
02-06-2005, 05:29 PM
It's definitely Wood for me. I get so tired of hearing how he's this great fricken pitcher when he really isnt, just makes me angry.

chisoxmike
02-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Pretty much the whole team past and present I've never liked any of the players.

Right now, Zambrano, Prior, Sosa (will always be a Cub) I hate the most.

Really though, the Cubs are a team of punks. They are all whinny, arrogant, SOB's.

(Hollandsworth & Walker are the only two I've ever liked in a Cubs uniform.)

OEO Magglio
02-06-2005, 05:39 PM
(Hollandsworth & Walker are the only two I've ever liked in a Cubs uniform.)
I respect both those players a bunch, true professionals, IMO.

PAPChiSox729
02-06-2005, 07:40 PM
I would have to say Kerry Wood. Personally, I don' t hate anybody on the Cubs. But Kerry Wood is probably the most annoying to me. And it is for of the media surrounding Kerry Wood. It seems every year he is predicted to win the Cy Young. I'll start to worry after he wins 15 games. Prior seems really arrogant. Zambrano is crazy. But every team has those "head-case" players, so he doesn't bother that much. Even though I root against the Cubs and always find them inferior to my beloved Sox, it is the local and national media attention the Cubs get that really drives me up the wall.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

eastchicagosoxfan
02-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I respect both those players a bunch, true professionals, IMO.
Lee Elia is the only Cub I can recall liking, for one great day at least. I never liked Steve Ontiveras. Some guy I knew compared him to Solderholm. It really got under my skin. Speaking of Elia, I know this is a family show, so it's not on this site somewhere, is it? Everything he ranted about has gotten worse.

Ol' No. 2
02-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I keep hoping for a full season from Prior and Woods, without injuries, and their record is something like 3-12 each. That would expose the all-hype-and-no-substance thing once and for all!Wood did pitch a whole season in 2003. He won a whole 14 games. That might have been a pretty good year if he was pitching for the Tigers, but on a division winning team? Bah!

soxwon
02-06-2005, 10:15 PM
ARFATASS RAMIREZ, THIS FATBUTT is a jerk.

plus carrie woods

nccwsfan
02-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Who would you say is the player you hate the most on the Cubs.

Yes.

StillMissOzzie
02-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Here's a name you'll probably never see here (or anywhere else, for that matter) again: Mike Vail

Back when I was young and impressionable and much more tolerant of the sCrUBS than I am today, Mike Vail was the cutting edge of guys I hated because he was whining the "play me or trade me" line ad nauseum. There were several more shortly thereafter, but to me, Mike Vail became the poster boy for whiney, crybaby pampered athletes who pout when they're not getting their way.

While I still detest that attitude, I guess in a way I should also thank Vail because he pushed me off the sCrUBS / White Sox fence once and for all.

These days, I'll join in the landslide for Zambrano. I hate hot dogs, too.

SMO
:gulp:

dcb33
02-07-2005, 12:52 AM

Don't forget the way he points at the sky when he leaves the field at the end of an inning. He'd better hope God never gets pissed at him and decides to use his arm as a lightning rod.

C-Dawg
02-07-2005, 05:51 AM
Wood did pitch a whole season in 2003. He won a whole 14 games.

Good point; I didn't realize he escaped his annual injury that year.

So if he's as great as the media says he is, I wonder why he didn't win at least 20 that year?

Uncle_Patrick
02-07-2005, 09:23 AM
LaToya Hawkins is probably the guy I hate most. A totally head case.

Zambrano is a total hypocrite. A showboat who gets mad at others for showboating. What an ass.

Mark "Messiah" Prior is an arrogant baby. I remember that whole flap with him not doing autographs at some card shop appearance and he starts his defense with "Well, here's my side, if anyone wants to hear it" like he's been so persecuted.

Kerry Woods is way overrated, but I don't hate him.

Dusty Baker is an idiot, too.

I thought Moises Alou was big crybaby and Sham-me...well, what can I say that hasn't been posted a 1000 times here?

Anyway, I hate Cub fans more than most of the players. What a collection of losers most of them are.

Ol' No. 2
02-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Good point; I didn't realize he escaped his annual injury that year.

So if he's as great as the media says he is, I wonder why he didn't win at least 20 that year?The statheads all think Wood is a great pitcher. Statistically, he's among the top starters in the NL every year in just about every category...except wins. Part of his problem is that he throws a lot of pitches and doesn't go very deep in the game. When you've got the Cubs' bullpen behind you, that's not a prescription for success. But there's more to it than that. One thing the statheads will never be able to measure...some guys just know how to win and some don't.

Baby Fisk
02-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Zambrano by a mile. He's a complete ass.

He's not a player, but Dusty Baker is total clown shoes too. It really shouldn't, but it bugs me when he carrys his little kid to press conferences like a human shield.

mdep524
02-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Magglio Ordonez.

mdep524
02-07-2005, 11:56 AM
And Carlos Beltran. He's a Cub, right? That's what the Tribune said was supposed to happen.

JoseCanseco6969
02-07-2005, 12:19 PM
The only Cub I've liked, or probably ever will like, was Mark Grace.

Well I guess I like DJ too. He played for the Cubs. :redneck

How about the almighty Judy, he was a product of the system. We all love and cherish him as well

Hangar18
02-07-2005, 07:13 PM
The Messiah. He has very quietly and quickly become one of the
most ARROGANT players in the MLB. Why hasnt this become an issue
In Chicago yet? Well, the Chicago Cubs are Loaded with ARROGANT
players, one of them being the recently departed Sammy Sosa. But
I digress, Why hasnt The Messiah been called out? Because the
Chicago Media loves him. Right behind him, has to be Carlos Zambrano,
and Kerry Wood. He tends to have a quiet demeanor, but sometimes
comes across as the world owes him something. Again, we can blame
the Chicago Media, who've elevated him to Hall Of Fame status, despite
the fact that STATISTICALLY, he and Mark Buehrle have the same stats.

LaTroys reclusiveness and early Season "press conference" regarding
him not talking to the Media any longer shouldve Gotten him SCALDED
in the press (much like Frank Thomas gets for being "Grumpy") ....
But Didnt. INstead, the team were characterized as "characters".

Dusty Baker. He is about as Arrogant as you can get. He thinks
the City owes him something (thank the Chicago Media for that) and
has a Media-Proof Vest when it comes to his decision making, something
the MEdia is STILL TO EASY ON HIM. His comments to ABC-7 Reporter
"the Professor" regarding what he actually knew regarding Bonds and Steroids
were Unprofessional, Uncalled for and an Obvious Sidestepping of the issue.
He never did answer the question, instead the rest of the Cub Loving Media
engaged in some laughter and snickering, pandering to the Cub Mgr,
instead of SCORCHING HIM ON THE PODIUM like he wouldve been had
he been a SOX Mgr. Ozzie even said something to that effect,
regarding how Dusty continues to Dodge Media Bullet after Media Bullet.
Thank the Chicago Media for that.

But the Messiah is my pick for a real SOB, a $10Million dollar man
who got "lucky" that a Commissioner was on the take, otherwise,
he would be a Twin, and probably would have Gotten himself a
World Series ring as a Rookie. Karmas a funny funny thing eh Messiah?

flo-B-flo
02-07-2005, 07:25 PM
All of them. Can't just name one. However, Zambrano jumps out like the assbrain he is.:wink:

ja1022
02-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Hawkins, Zambrano, Baker.

D. TODD
02-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Marty Barett & Carlos Zambrano!

popilius
02-08-2005, 11:13 PM
It's definitely Wood for me. I get so tired of hearing how he's this great fricken pitcher when he really isnt, just makes me angry.

Roger that!

:gulp:

34 Inch Stick
02-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Ron Santo. He is a true moron in the booth. His senility has made a warm fuzzy of a person who was not very well liked as a player. He embraces the all too familiar role of lovable loser in almost every aspect of his life, from hall of fame to uninformed broacaster.