PDA

View Full Version : Early Look At Sox vs Cubs

SoxPostSeason
02-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah its february, but i still always keep my mind on the the cubs series. Last year we we didnt have our best games when we played them. But w/o Maggs and Sosa and Lee and Alou, do you say sox take the series.

The sox have question marks but i think those question marks will turn and we will have a great season. Im saying we take the series 5 -1. im saying that loss is againts Zambrano.

I love it when we take 4 or more against the cubs but i would take 0-6 if we won our division.

Whitesox029
02-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah its february, but i still always keep my mind on the the cubs series. Last year we we didnt have our best games when we played them. But w/o Maggs and Sosa and Lee and Alou, do you say sox take the series.

The sox have question marks but i think those question marks will turn and we will have a great season. Im saying we take the series 5 -1. im saying that loss is againts Zambrano.

I love it when we take 4 or more against the cubs but i would take 0-6 if we won our division.
If we went 0-6 we wouldn't win our division. That's just me being pessimistic I guess.
Here's the tribune's early look:
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0502040281feb04,1,4209243.story
And of course they give the edge to the Cubs. It wouldn't be the Trib if they didn't. They arbitrarily gave the edge a 2B to walker even though they've never seen Iguchi, and they mixed up Podsednik and Rowand, putting Rowand in LF and Posd in CF where they will be switched. Then they give Patterson and his world of "potential" the edge over Podsednik. If they do it the right way, Rowand has the edge over Patterson in CF and Podsednik has the edge in left over the Cubs' myriad of misplaced benchwarmers.

HomeFish
02-06-2005, 02:30 PM
The Sox will need to win all three games at the Cell. This team was terrible at the Urinal last year because of a lack of offense (no DH) and now that our offense is even worse, that problem will only increase.

Also, pitching wins games. They beat us there hands-down. The only thing we can hope for is the second coming of Alfonseca.

Chisox003
02-06-2005, 02:38 PM
The Sox will need to win all three games at the Cell. This team was terrible at the Urinal last year because of a lack of offense (no DH) and now that our offense is even worse, that problem will only increase.

Also, pitching w...ins games. They beat us there hands-down. The only thing we can hope for is the second coming of Alfonseca.

Homefish, if you got any more optimistic you'd be glowing

NSSoxFan
02-06-2005, 02:51 PM

Also, pitching wins games. They beat us there hands-down. The only thing we can hope for is the second coming of Alfonseca.

What are you talking about buddy? There was a reason that we had terrible offense in National League parks, and compared to last year our offense is totally different. Our team fits the mold of an NL team than an AL team.

The sCrUBS pitching is not superior to the Sox. They are equal, with maybe one of the rotations having a slight advantage.

soxwon
02-06-2005, 02:54 PM

rowand is in LF and Pods in CF. thats what i hear.

our offense is better than last year, and we will hit about as many homers.
this is the most ballanced sox team, in a long long time.

there are Many doubters, but this TEAm is destined for superiority, im telling you, we have one HELL of a team.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-06-2005, 03:26 PM
rowand is in LF and Pods in CF. thats what i hear.
Has there been anything new reported on this? Because the last I read, and it was Ozzie himself being quoted, Rowand would remain in CF and Podsednik would play LF. I agree with others here and in a similar thread that, for his Cubune article, Dyck-head deliberately or carelessly switched the positions to give the sCrUBS the edge. And don't forget, he also favored Barrett over AJ, whose career stats, both offensive and defensive, are significantly better.

Flight #24
02-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I love how AJ Pierzynski and his .290+career avg is "unproven", but Michael Barret and his 1 year batting over .260 is "proven".:?:

Did Rob Neyer write this cornucopia of crapola without actually having a Sox roster and/or stats in front of him? Honestly, it's almost like they wrote the article a while back and then just filled in the names without considering the actual impact on the team of the various changes.

Uncle_Patrick
02-07-2005, 12:31 PM

I wouldn't say our offense is worse this year. Its different, less power, more speed. However, the problem last year was that there were frequent power outtages, where the entire team slumped. Hopefully, we can avoid that this year.

Also, I wouldn't say their pitching beats us hands down. Their starters might have an edge, but our bullpen beats theirs.

JB98
02-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm going to guess we'll go 3-3 against the Cubs. We can't match their starting pitching, but I think we have an advantage in the bullpen. A lot of times, those games go down to the late innings.

I don't know what to expect from the Sox in general this season. It's a whole new team. Who knows whether it will come together, and if it does, how quickly will it come together?

I'm sure we won't embarrass ourselves in the City Series like last year at Wrigley, but I'm not about to forecast South Side domination either.