PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Season Ticket Exchange Policy

BRDSR
02-05-2005, 05:24 PM
As soon as the White Sox ticket office opens on Monday morning I plan on purchasing their split-season Double Play package. I keep seeing hints at an exchange policy but I haven't gotten any details on it. For instance, I know that I can't make it to three of the games in the Double Play package. When I call them on Monday, is it possible to exchange those games for different games? If so, do I get to choose from any of the remaining 54 games, or are there certain games I must choose from? I'd like to know the answers to these questions before I call them so that I can sound firm and convincing when I tell them that I don't want to buy tickets to those three games. Any help would be appreciated.

champagne030
02-05-2005, 05:39 PM
As soon as the White Sox ticket office opens on Monday morning I plan on purchasing their split-season Double Play package. I keep seeing hints at an exchange policy but I haven't gotten any details on it. For instance, I know that I can't make it to three of the games in the Double Play package. When I call them on Monday, is it possible to exchange those games for different games? If so, do I get to choose from any of the remaining 54 games, or are there certain games I must choose from? I'd like to know the answers to these questions before I call them so that I can sound firm and convincing when I tell them that I don't want to buy tickets to those three games. Any help would be appreciated.

there's a list of games that you can get and it's in the upper tank. i've never tried to send in tickets before the game was actually played. nice try, but you're not going to be able to just buy a 24 game package (if that's what you're talking about in being 'firm').

BRDSR
02-05-2005, 05:47 PM
there's a list of games that you can get and it's in the upper tank. i've never tried to send in tickets before the game was actually played. nice try, but you're not going to be able to just buy a 24 game package (if that's what you're talking about in being 'firm').

No no, I'm not trying to buy a 24 game package. I'm trying to exchange the tickets for the three games I'm not able to go to for games that I know I will be able to go to. I still want to buy tickets to 27 games, I just don't want to buy tickets to games on July 23, July 24th, and August 7th if I know I can't go to those games. I guess I'll call and ask if I can exchange them for tickets in the upper deck to other games.

Jerko
02-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Whatever games you can't attend, you can trade the tickets in after the game is played, and you only get to choose from a set list.

chidavid18
02-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Stubhub.com is great for that.

OzzieBall2004
02-05-2005, 06:41 PM
There's a list of 15 or so games....free uppers or half price lowers....

ewokpelts
02-06-2005, 12:36 AM
There's a set list of games you can exchange. It's for the upper deck. Before you complain, the bulls and flubs say "oh well" when you try and exchange unused games. The sox also offer you the chance to GIVE THEM TO CHARITY.(to the boys/girls club, or back at sox charities). Otherwise, I'd go with a 13 and 9 game plan.
Gene

I want Mags back
02-07-2005, 05:15 PM
No no, I'm not trying to buy a 24 game package. I'm trying to exchange the tickets for the three games I'm not able to go to for games that I know I will be able to go to. I still want to buy tickets to 27 games, I just don't want to buy tickets to games on July 23, July 24th, and August 7th if I know I can't go to those games. I guess I'll call and ask if I can exchange them for tickets in the upper deck to other games.

Sell em on ebay or stubhub

petekat
02-07-2005, 07:04 PM
yes the sox are by far the most accomodating. have been sharing Cubs tickets with 3 other friends- their ticket management office sux ducks! hate dealing with them- and they never do exchanges. ONly keep the tickets to give to clients and friends visiting, and to get priority for the White SOx and other NL teams I want to see.

They had a strict policy about exchanging tickets for the 9.11 game that was cancelled, had to be exchanged within 2 weeks of the game. We showed up at a game, excatly 2 weeks later- their rules were tickets had to be exchanged before the game started. We show up, wait in line for 30 minutes got to the booth- and the ass-clown monitoring the window wouldnt exchange them because it was 7:06, and the first pitch had been thrown. Reported this to Greg Couch and Kass.

There's a set list of games you can exchange. It's for the upper deck. Before you complain, the bulls and flubs say "oh well" when you try and exchange unused games. The sox also offer you the chance to GIVE THEM TO CHARITY.(to the boys/girls club, or back at sox charities). Otherwise, I'd go with a 13 and 9 game plan.
Gene

ewokpelts
02-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah, The cubs can do that becasue they dont care. Why give you a free exchange ticket when they can sell it to the lemmings?
Gene