PDA

View Full Version : 13 of our last 20 on the road

Bisco Stu
02-04-2005, 11:09 PM
is that going to be an issue, or will it be decided one way or the other before that point?

JoseCanseco6969
02-04-2005, 11:16 PM
is that going to be an issue, or will it be decided one way or the other before that point?

Doubt it will be decided. Those 13 road games will be key and it sucks that we get shafted again with the scheduling.

Brian26
02-04-2005, 11:19 PM

I don't know, but I'll give my buddy Nostradamus a call and try to find out.

BRDSR
02-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Doubt it will be decided. Those 13 road games will be key and it sucks that we get shafted again with the scheduling.

All this means is that 74 of our first 142 games are at home. Baseball is the best scheduled sport in professional sports, it's not a big deal.

Brian26
02-04-2005, 11:31 PM

:farmer

"John and I had to go to 5:00 am mass this morning in order to get to the ballpark by 10 am for the 1pm game against the Devil Rays before we board the charter and head out to Honolulu to play the Mariners in the annual "piss off the White Sox radio broadcasters with a quirky scheduling trick" Game at Honolulu Stadium at 9am tomorrow. That's Pacific Standard Time, as opposed to Mountain Time, even though there are indeed mountains in Hawaii, that's the Big island....."

:rooney

"Will you stick a ****ing sock in it already, Ed!"

:farmer

"I don't where socks."

Whitesox029
02-04-2005, 11:32 PM
The way I see it, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Chicago83
02-04-2005, 11:42 PM
All this means is that 74 of our first 142 games are at home. Baseball is the best scheduled sport in professional sports, it's not a big deal.

Exactly, it's not a big deal at all, if we truly deserve to win this division then we should have built up enough of a lead by the end of the season. I don't see it as a problem, although it sucks that we cannot go to a lot of the late season games.

PAPChiSox729
02-04-2005, 11:42 PM
This is a very different team from the years past. Maybe this team is made of road warriors. This team is totally transformed. I don't think that road games will be such a problem as the past4 years. AND THAT INCLUDES THE WEST COAST!!! That's my bold prediction for '05.
:cool:

SOX ADDICT '73
02-05-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't see it as a problem, although it sucks that we cannot go to a lot of the late season games.
I wouldn't worry. There's going to be around 10 home games we can go to in October.

NSSoxFan
02-05-2005, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't worry. There's going to be around 10 home games we can go to in October.

I don't know what that color is...but....
:tealpolice:

The Sox didn't have a problem in 2000 finishing mostly on the road, I'm not worried.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-05-2005, 01:09 AM
I don't know what that color is...but....
:tealpolice:

The Sox didn't have a problem in 2000 finishing mostly on the road, I'm not worried.
Call off the cops! I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm relatively new here, but this seems to be the color most people use for WISHFUL THINKING. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

RKMeibalane
02-05-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm hoping that the division will have been decided by then, but we'll have to see what happens. In order for those final twenty games to matter, the Sox must remain a competitive team up to that point. I am confident that they will play well enough to stay in the hunt for most of the season. The keys for the Sox this season are, as mentioned earlier, the health of their key players, and their ability to perform as expected. If the Sox do what they're supposed to, they'll win this thing easily.

RKMeibalane
02-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Call off the cops! I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm relatively new here, but this seems to be the color most people use for WISHFUL THINKING. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. Deep pink is the color used for pipe dreams and fantasies.

NSSoxFan
02-05-2005, 01:20 AM

Sorry, "my bad". I didn't know you weren't being sarcastic.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-05-2005, 01:28 AM
But then they wrapped up the regular season losing 6 of their last 8 (most of those at home, BTW), stumbled into the playoffs as home-field underdogs, and got swept. Man, it still gets to me.

NSSoxFan
02-05-2005, 01:33 AM
But then they wrapped up the regular season losing 6 of their last 8 (most of those at home, BTW), stumbled into the playoffs as home-field underdogs, and got swept. Man, it still gets to me.

I will never forget that series, ever. It feels like yesterday that Ray-Ray hit that HR to tie the game, only to see everything fall apart with not one but two extra innings HR.

SoxSpeed22
02-05-2005, 01:54 AM
It all depends on how they play on the road all year. A huge part of why they sucked on the road the last few years was the home-run hitting approach failing in those games with harder parks to hit home runs in. If they can stay consistent, they should be fine. Plus they're all divisional opponents, 3 at KC, 3 at Minny (Pray we don't get swept), then 7 home games with Cleveland and Minny (same thing), finish the year with 4 in Detroit and 3 in Cleveland.

"He's also a black belt in Whack-A-Mole." ~ Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000

WhiteSoxFan84
02-05-2005, 04:02 AM

You make a good point.... the Sox probably won't be in town when they clinch :(:

(Tuesday September 27 @ Detroit with Magglio possibly in the game:bandance: )

MrRoboto83
02-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Most of the June schedule is at home, build up a monster lead by that time

Ol' No. 2
02-05-2005, 09:50 AM
You make a good point.... the Sox probably won't be in town when they clinch :(:

(Tuesday September 27 @ Detroit with Magglio possibly in the game:bandance: )Sure they will. Sunday Sept 25 against the Twinkies.:bandance:

PAPChiSox729
02-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Sure they will. Sunday Sept 25 against the Twinkies.:bandance:

Ah, sweet, sweet revenge!!

scottyl
02-05-2005, 12:10 PM
While it may not be an ideal situation, you have to be able to win on the road. If you're making a post season run, and you can rack up some wins at the end of the year, I would think you go into the playoffs playing with the type of an edge that you would want. If you're going to do anything in the playoffs you better be able to win a few on the road.

PAPChiSox729
02-05-2005, 06:10 PM
While it may not be an ideal situation, you have to be able to win on the road. If you're making a post season run, and you can rack up some wins at the end of the year, I would think you go into the playoffs playing with the type of an edge that you would want. If you're going to do anything in the playoffs you better be able to win a few on the road.

Yes, especially if we get in the playoffs, we will probably be playing in Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park.

Jerome
02-05-2005, 07:07 PM
This whole thread should be in deep pink. The way people are talking around here we are going to win the division by ten games. This is a team that has been known to look good on paper and then dramatically underachive on the field. Lets try to stay healthy and beat the twins before we talk about where and when to clinch.

Lip Man 1
02-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Agreed.

Lip