PDA

View Full Version : *** is ESPN talking about???

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:43 PM
James Baldwin for Erubiel Durazo? Don't we have like 3 first basemen anyways???

Although, Magglio Ordonez isn't here, so that may be good or bad (depending on how full of ***** you think ESPN is).

Bald1win-Durazo deal? (http://espn.go.com/mlb/mlbrumorcentral.html)

Tragg
07-25-2001, 10:46 PM
I didn't see that on your link. Who is Durazo and for whom does he play?

And never question the accuracy of ESPN or the genius of Kenny Williams.

IA_soxfan
07-25-2001, 10:46 PM
:KW
It's quanity, not quality.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I didn't see that on your link. Who is Durazo and for whom does he play?

And never question the accuracy of ESPN or the genius of Kenny Williams.

Erubiel Durazo is a first baseman for Arizona. You have to scroll down a bit. He's the 3rd guy they talk about, after Cruz and Astacio.

Daver
07-25-2001, 10:48 PM
Hey there is a lot to be said for having 12 1B/DH on your team.

Its all bad but there is a lot to be said.

Viva Magglio
07-25-2001, 10:48 PM
Euabiel (sp?) Durazo is the backup first baseman for the Arizona Diamondbacks. What I question is why we would acquire him with Thomas, Liefer, and Konerko on the roster. If we were trading Liefer or Konerko along with Baldwin, it would make somewhat more sense.

Tragg
07-25-2001, 10:49 PM
Hey, it might allow Kenny Williams to trade Konerko, which he seems to want to do anyway. And Konerko will bring top prospects, which baldwin won't.

If KW really does want to trade konerko, this might not be a bad move.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Euabiel (sp?) Durazo is the backup first baseman for the Arizona Diamondbacks. What I question is why we would acquire him with Thomas, Liefer, and Konerko on the roster. If we were trading Liefer or Konerko along with Baldwin, it would make somewhat more sense.

Even if we deal Konerko or Liefer, we'd be doing that so we could move Lee to 1st so Rowand can get some time, so to pick up ANOTHER first baseman would make absolutely no sense. But hey, this is a team owned by Jerry Reinsdorf....

IA_soxfan
07-25-2001, 10:50 PM
If we were trading Liefer or Konerko along with Baldwin, it would make somewhat more sense.
Naw, that would make it a ripoff.
:)

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:51 PM
Well, not so much Liefer, but any move that involves Konerko is to open up a spot for Rowand.

KVinc
07-25-2001, 10:55 PM
whos gives a ****ing damn if we have ********ing logjam if we dont have a logjam like ****s known as ************ a.k.a. flubs we will have a logjam of talented players. Eribuel can play outfield too hes above average in the outfield. That would give us more options so we could trade guys like rowrand(sorry but someone gonna have to go) fogg, ginter or any position in which we have a surplus.

So **** that!

:(

:scrubs

Daver
07-25-2001, 10:58 PM
Hey Vinc don't hold back,say what you really feel.

Tragg
07-25-2001, 10:59 PM
You're right Vinc. Right now we're so thin of bench hitters that we can't pinch hit for clayton (actually, we could, but no one was sufficiently better than clayton to warrant jerry pi##ing of kenny by pinch hitting for royce).

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
You're right Vinc. Right now we're so thin of bench hitters that we can't pinch hit for clayton (actually, we could, but no one was sufficiently better than clayton to warrant jerry pi##ing of kenny by pinch hitting for royce).

Hey, we're not the god damn Yankees here. We have this thing called fiscal restraints.

IA_soxfan
07-25-2001, 11:09 PM
I'm still an advocate of JB for Paul LoDuca

Tragg
07-25-2001, 11:14 PM
Yep Iowa, so am I. But Christmas comes only once per year.

FWIW, Konerko is 2 years younger than Durazo. 27 years old and only 1 major league season?

Jjav829
07-25-2001, 11:16 PM
Im an advocate of that trade too. Unfortunately the Dodgers aren't stupid. They aren't looking to add much to their payroll, and they aren't going to give up one of the best hitters on their team right now, for an overpaid, BAD pitcher. We would have to give up more to get him. It's not happening.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan
I'm still an advocate of JB for Paul LoDuca

If Kenny Williams could pull that deal off, I would have a newfound respect for him.

:KW
I'll find a way to screw it up.

KVinc
07-25-2001, 11:18 PM
there is no way in hell i want Paul Lo duca not after just one year! he is built to be a one year success not now, if we can get someone like maybe Beltre and Gagne and probably keith ginter a great minorleague 2b.

Also if we get Durazio and the left hander John Patterson (an injured pitcher but has greAT potential who seems to have fallen off their maps after two straight sub par seasons,but still too mcuh talent) and possibly outfielder Miguel Batista for Herbet Perry and J.B. believe we wont be the goddamn yankees we'd be more like the A's because those guys are low budget young guys who have minorleague salaries.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
there is no way in hell i want Paul Lo duca not after just one year! he is built to be a one year success not now, if we can get someone like maybe Beltre and Gagne and probably keith ginter a great minorleague 2b.

So, you'd rather have these characters?
:sandy:versatile:MJ

Jjav829
07-25-2001, 11:24 PM
Lets be honest here. We are talking about JB. We're not going to get Gagne, or Beltre for JB straight up. The Sox are not joking anyone. All MLB teams know that JB has lost some of his stuff possibly because of his surgery, and not many teams are jumping to get him. The latest team rumored to be interested in JB is the Giants. They may be the only one at this point.

Mathew
07-26-2001, 03:41 AM
When will youguys realize that Paul Lo Duca is the best player on their team this year, even if this is his best ever he is doing so well that at 3/4 production he would still be one of the better hitters on the team. Gagne is brutal, I'm Canadian I know we hear too much about him! Beltre would not fill the void at leadoff. We need to stop thinking in terms of position and think batting order if we had a leadoff batter we could put Ray anyplace but 1st or 3rd in the lineup and get the pressure off him. JB needs to beat a good team tomorow to be worth the energy I just used typing this.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 10:36 AM
If he's the best player on their team, they sure as hell won't trade him for james baldwin.
So it doesn't really matter.

Spiff
07-26-2001, 12:15 PM
It would take much more than JB for LoDuca.

CerberusWG
07-26-2001, 12:17 PM
How about Royce for LoDuca staright up, I mean come on it's Royce!

:hitless

LoDuca only? I'm an all-star here, jackasses.

beausox
07-26-2001, 12:26 PM
Durazo can flat out hit. He's already 27 years old. but that is because he wasn't discovered in the Mexican League until he was 24. Remember guys Liefer isn't a first basemen he's a third basemen (with hands of stone) according to KW and JM.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 12:40 PM
Hey, I'm all for it. If the snakes want to give us this hitter for baldwin, we should jump at it. I doubt anyone will give us that good a player - but if they do, hit it.

Then we should trade him or konerko or lee for a top SS prospect and other prospects.

Sign Maggs long term.

That should put us in the pink for a long time.