PDA

View Full Version : Another Murder in 'Lakeview'

bobj4400
02-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Once again the Cubune hides that fact that the murder takes place blocks from Wrigley by using the infamous Lakeview tag rather than Wrigleyville...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-050204taxi,1,7641136.story?coll=chi-news-hed&csuser=CTUSERNAME

kittle42
02-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Belmont and Broadway really IS Lakeview, though.

maurice
02-04-2005, 03:16 PM
There's already a thread on this in the Parking Lot. It would be a stretch to call this Wrigleyville, since it happened about a mile from the Urinal.

DumpJerry
02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Belmont and Broadway really IS Lakeview, though.
Yeah, this is a bit far from the Urinal (1/2 mile south which is a great distance by city standards). I never considered that area to be Wrigleyville, but it is easily walking distance to the park.

My sympathies to the family of the cabbie. This looks like the work of real
a-hole.

Banix12
02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Once again the Cubune hides that fact that the murder takes place blocks from Wrigley by using the infamous Lakeview tag rather than Wrigleyville...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-050204taxi,1,7641136.story?coll=chi-news-hed&csuser=CTUSERNAME

Hey, don't get angry when a reporter calls a district by is real name. That's just good reporting. The guy is doing his job.

And by the way, a person got killed and it is a news story, not everything in the Trib is based upon a white sox/cubs bias line. Most of the time they are just reporting news, like a newspaper should. Let's leave most of the sox/cubs conspiracy theories to the Sports Section. Let's not be gleeful that a person was murdered near Wrigley Field, thus proving to everybody the neighborhood around the park is dangerous. Get angry at the killer, not the paper. The killer was the one who did something wrong.

By the way, since the Cubs aren't even playing in February, I doubt this was Cubs Game related.

MUsoxfan
02-04-2005, 03:18 PM
That's a stretch to say they're hiding any facts on that one. Plenty of bad business happens in a mile radius around the Cell.

Brian26
02-06-2005, 08:45 PM
My sympathies to the family of the cabbie. This looks like the work of real a-hole.

I was shocked at how much effort the guy went through to kill this cabbie. After beating his head in, he decided to get into a cab and drive over him....not once, but TWICE. Pretty twisted.