PDA

View Full Version : Dear God no, don't do it Pittsburgh! (Todd Ritchie sighting)

Jabroni
02-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Pirates | Ritchie in Mix for Fifth Starting Spot - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.kffl.com/)
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:31:03 -0800

Ed Eagle, of Pirates.MLB.com, reports Pittsburgh Pirates P Todd Ritchie will enter spring training as one of several pitchers in contention for the No. 5 spot in the starting rotation.:ritchie
"Hey, what's wrong?"

:chunks

SOXintheBURGH
02-03-2005, 11:57 PM
:ritchie
"Hey, what's wrong?"

:chunks

Yeah, I already e-mailed Todd Littlefield (Pirates GM) and told him to cancel my ticket plan as well with several other vulgarities.

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I already e-mailed Todd Littlefield (Pirates GM) and told him to cancel my ticket plan as well with several other vulgarities.It's kind of funny and sad, well mostly sad, that Ritchie is now back on the team that we sent our two pitchers to for him. :whiner:

:ritchie
"Hey guys! Remember me? I was once worth more than both of you!"

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150337.jpghttp://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150319.jpg
**in unison** "Who's this chump?"

:sean
"Hey don't forget about me. I'm STILL worth more than that chump."

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Sigh... I had a few beers tonight, so I'm going to do some incoherent rantings.

1.) I'm a White Sox fan, first and foremost. I grew up in Illinois, moved to Pittsburgh when I was 16, I'm almost 23 now.

2.) During my devout White Soxocity, I began to develop an appreciation for the Pirates. They became my "NL" team, as I could watch their games on TV, as well as enjoy their amazing new ballpark.

3.) In doing so, I saw some amazing Cub Killings at PNC Park - Including seeing Sammy Sosa get beaned in the head, causing his helmet to explode in the picture we all know and love. Along with that, a double header than included Rob Mackowiak hitting Cub Killing homers in back to back games. Pure Glory.

4.) I hate the Cubs.

5.) The Pittsburgh Pirates is a proud franchise that has won several World Series, the most recent in 1979 with the "We Are Family" squad. They are a franchise that has boasted quite a few legendary players, including Honus Wagner, Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell, and the best Yankee-Killing moment of all time, Bill Mazerowski's bottom of the 9th Game 7 home run winner.

6.) They used to have Barry Bonds, Bobby Bonilla, Andy Van Slyke, Doug Drabek, and others; and won the NL East in back to back years in the early 90s, only to suffer humiliating defeat to the Braves courtesy of Fransico Cabrera. Since then, this franchise has been meaningless.

7.) Pittsburgh, like Chicago, is a blue collar, working class, hardcore sports town. This town lives and dies with the Steelers, of course. But we are also the town of Mario Lemieux and the glorious back to back Stanley Cup teams that swept the Chicago Blackhawks and destroyed the Minnesota Northstars. But baseball is still a part of this town, and there were glory years not too distant.

8.) The Pirates are now a minor league team with the best park in baseball, and it makes me want to take a nail gun to my temple, as Dave Littlefield is the worst.

9.) I really, really hate the Cubs.

10.) I've been boozing for about 7 hours now.

I love you.

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 12:15 AM
8.) The Pirates are now a minor league team with the best park in baseball, and it makes me want to take a nail gun to my temple, as Dave Littlefield is the worst.Losing Kendall sucked but dumping that horrible contract was a good idea. The trade eventually turned out really well. Mark Redman and Matt Lawton for Kendall is a pretty sweet deal, especially since they got Lawton for what I think is an old, worthless Arthur Rhodes. The Giles deal also turned out well. I'm sure the Padres wish they had Jason Bay back right now. :wink: Craig Wilson is also a good player. So what's the Pirates projected lineup for 2005?

Gosox1917
02-04-2005, 12:16 AM
haha, and we love you too Burgh.

MUsoxfan
02-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Jack Wilson is a nice player too. The Pirates are gonna be a major pest this year, much like they were for the better part of last year. I have nothing against the Pirates.

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Jack Wilson is a nice player too. The Pirates are gonna be a major pest this year, much like they were for the better part of last year. I have nothing against the Pirates.Agreed. I think all of their recent trades have worked out great. They have alot of young talent. Even though they lost their leadoff hitter in Kendall, they replaced him with a new leadoff hitter in Lawton and gained a #3 starter in Redman. So is this the lineup?

RF Matt Lawton
SS Jack Wilson
LF Jason Bay
1B Craig Wilson
3B Ty Wiggington
CF Tike Redman
2B Jose Castillo
C Benito Santiago

Oliver Perez
Kip Wells
Mark Redman
Josh Fogg
Todd Ritchie

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Losing Kendall sucked but dumping that horrible contract was a good idea. The trade eventually turned out really well. Mark Redman and Matt Lawton for Kendall is a pretty sweet deal, especially since they got Lawton for what I think is an old, worthless Arthur Rhodes. The Giles deal also turned out well. I'm sure the Padres wish they had Jason Bay back right now. :wink: Craig Wilson is also a good player. So what's the Pirates projected lineup for 2005?

Giles deal turned out awesome.. Rookie of the Year Jason Bay in LF, young stud K master in Oliver Perez. We did have to let go of Kendall, but I was hoping that they would trade him to the Sox for Garland (:rolleyes: ). Bullpen is a mess, rotation is a mess. Jack Wilson had a breakout year, I love him. Craig Wilson aka, the Barbarian, is a house too. Also got Daryl Ward.. he can post some numbers.

Here's your 2005 Bucs (no one calls them the Pirates in this town, its always the Bucs or 'dem Buccos.'

1. Tike Redman - CF
2. "The Phenom that we traded Aramiz Ramirez for known as Bobby Hill" - 2B
3. Jason Bay - LF
4. Craig Wilson - RF
5. Daryl Ward - 1B
6. Ty Wigginton - 3B
7. Jack Wilson - SS
8. Benito Santiago - C
9. Pitcher

Rotation:
1. Oliver Perez
2. Kip Wells (Remember him!?)
3. Josh Fogg (Remember him!?)
4. Sean Burnett (rookie last year, shows promise)
5. Ryan Vogelsong (Oh right, the guy we traded Jason Schmitt to San Fran for!!!) - rubbish/Todd Ritchie?! who knows

Bullpen:
Mike Gonzalez - pretty good
Brian Meadows - off and on
Salomon Torres - rules
Mike Johnston - youngster, had many good outings, looks okay
Mark Redman - yep.
John Grabow - don't hate him, but cringe when he comes out
John Van Benschoten - been giving this kid chances for too long
Jose Mesa - Social Security kicking in any second

MUsoxfan
02-04-2005, 12:30 AM
That doesn't look half bad, in all honesty

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 12:32 AM
The "Barbarian" shaved his face and head for charity...

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/images/2005/01/29/aQaIvazP.jpg (http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/pit/news/pit_news.jsp?ymd=20050201&content_id=938083&vkey=news_pit&fext=.jsp)

Also, won't Redman be in the rotation? :?: The Pirates look to have a really solid bench IMHO.
That doesn't look half bad, in all honestyAgreed.

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2005, 12:34 AM
The "Barbarian" shaved his face and head for charity...

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/images/2005/01/29/aQaIvazP.jpg (http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/pit/news/pit_news.jsp?ymd=20050201&content_id=938083&vkey=news_pit&fext=.jsp)

Also, won't Redman be in the rotation? :?: The Pirates look to have a really solid bench IMHO.
Agreed.

Redman will probably be in the rotation, you're right. I just have a feeling I'm gonna see Burnett do a lot of starting, as well as Vogelsong.

MUsoxfan
02-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Vogelsong is alot better than what he's shown. It looked like he just had alot of jitters last year.

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Vogelsong is alot better than what he's shown. It looked like he just had alot of jitters last year.

Yeah, Vogelsong had several solid, strong innings. Got himself out of a lot of jams. But his next outing he would start at Wrigley and be down 5-0 after 2 innings. Sure wish we still had Schmidt. And Bonds.. etc.

BRDSR
02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
I love you.

I think I can say, with complete security in my heterosexuality(not that there is anything wrong with homosexuality, if anyone is so persuaded) that I love you too. As an English major, your coherency, clarity, and punctuational perfection while inebriated is quite impressive. At the University of Illinois, a supposedly upstanding University, I know half the student body can't string together five gramatically correct sentences. When they're drunk, that can't even speak five gramatically correct sentences. Cheers to you, and :gulp: for me.(I don't partake myself). Peace.

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah, Vogelsong had several solid, strong innings. Got himself out of a lot of jams. But his next outing he would start at Wrigley and be down 5-0 after 2 innings. Sure wish we still had Schmidt. And Bonds.. etc.Why would you want that roided up freak? Yeah, he's great and all but it's still cheating in my book. Schmidt is a different story. He's just a freak, period.

MUsoxfan
02-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Why would you want that roided up freak? Yeah, he's great and all but it's still cheating in my book. Schmidt is a different story. He's just a freak, period.

He may be roided up, but he's singlehandedly carried that team in San Fran for the past decade. I can't stand him, but if he was playing for the Sox, I'd love him

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2005, 12:45 AM
I think I can say, with complete security in my heterosexuality(not that there is anything wrong with homosexuality, if anyone is so persuaded) that I love you too. As an English major, your coherency, clarity, and punctuational perfection while inebriated is quite impressive. At the University of Illinois, a supposedly upstanding University, I know half the student body can't string together five gramatically correct sentences. When they're drunk, that can't even speak five gramatically correct sentences. Cheers to you, and :gulp: for me.(I don't partake myself). Peace.

Haha.. thanks dude, appreciate it. I majored in history at Penn State (graduated in December).. lots of writing involved in that, typed more than one 5-page paper via inebriation.

As in:

SOXintheBURGH: RARRRGH!!!! :gulp:
Friend: You do that Civil War paper?
SOXintheBURGH: RARRGH!!! :gulp: - go to bedroom, type.

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 12:45 AM
He may be roided up, but he's singlehandedly carried that team in San Fran for the past decade. I can't stand him, but if he was playing for the Sox, I'd love himI would have wanted Bonds before he was a proven steroid user. But if he was on the Sox now and we won the Series, we would be under constant scrutiny because of it and rightfully so.

MUsoxfan
02-04-2005, 12:47 AM
I would have wanted Bonds before he was a proven steroid user. But if he was on the Sox now and we won the Series, we would be under constant scrutiny because of it and rightfully so.

But the most important thing is that trophy, and with the rules the way they were, MLB wouldn't be able to take it away.

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 12:48 AM
But the most important thing is that trophy, and with the rules the way they were, MLB wouldn't be able to take it away.True, but it would be a hollow victory in my book. :cool:

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2005, 01:00 AM
True, but it would be a hollow victory in my book. :cool:

It would still be awesome to sit at PNC Park and watch Bonds launch shots into the mighty Ohio River.. :cool:

SoxFan76
02-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Burgh is my new favorite poster!!! hahaha

Maybe that's just because I've had a few myself tonight....
Time to pass out. haha.

cubhater
02-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Oliver Perez
Kip Wells
Mark Redman
Josh Fogg
Todd Ritchie

Whew! The Fifth Starter Curse shifts to the NL! I feel sorry for the Pirates.

gosox41
02-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Jack Wilson is a nice player too. The Pirates are gonna be a major pest this year, much like they were for the better part of last year. I have nothing against the Pirates.

I have nothing against 5 teams if the NL Central unless we're playing them.

Bob

DaleJRFan
02-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Losing Kendall sucked but dumping that horrible contract was a good idea. The trade eventually turned out really well. Mark Redman and Matt Lawton for Kendall is a pretty sweet deal, especially since they got Lawton for what I think is an old, worthless Arthur Rhodes. The Giles deal also turned out well. I'm sure the Padres wish they had Jason Bay back right now. :wink: Craig Wilson is also a good player. So what's the Pirates projected lineup for 2005?

I'd wager SD would like to have Oliver Perez back as well.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Todd Ritchie in 2005: 11-7, 4.31

Jabroni
02-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Todd Ritchie in 2005: 11-7, 4.31In whose wet dream -- Todd Ritchie's?