PDA

View Full Version : Want to make some money? Think the Sox will win the division....

WhiteSoxFan84
02-03-2005, 09:39 PM
This is just unbelievable. We were talking about this a few days ago and I said I would post the bet prices up as soon as they're available. I just noticed them on SportsInteraction.com, the betting prices for winning the AL Central Division Outright...

Minnesota: 1.75
Cleveland: 3.95
Chicago: 4.50
Detriot: 5.95
KC: 51.00

What these numbers mean is simply this;
If you bet $100 on the White Sox and they win the division, you get $450. You bet $100 on KC to win and if they do, you win $5,100.

The White Sox getting 4.50 is nuts in my mind. I may be misled here, but I fully plan to put at least $100 on this.

To make you feel a little better as a bitter, under-appreciated Sox fan, you may be surprised to know that the Cubs are 2nd to win the NL Central. Cardinals are 1.90 and the Cubs are 2.00. The Reds might be worth a small investment as they're paying out 19.00.

The lowest payout you ask? Surprise, surprise, the Yankees, 1.10. The Angels are also pretty low (understandable), 1.25.

SoxxoS
02-03-2005, 09:48 PM
We don't deserve respect until we start winning something.

depy48
02-03-2005, 09:52 PM
We don't deserve respect until we start winning something.

and cleveland does? i think we proved that we have more of a chance to win the division title than the indians

SoxxoS
02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
and cleveland does? i think we proved that we have more of a chance to win the division title than the indians

In the lay-baseball fan's eyes, they are the up and comer, we are the "also ran."

Believe me, we want to stay "under the radar."

SoxFan76
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM
The Indians are this years team to watch. The national media is going to make them out to be the underdog who can finally take down the champion. The Sox are basically the pesky little brother who won't go away. The Indians are that scrappy little team that everybody is going to want to root for-in other words, it means nothing.

MidwaySoxFan
02-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Then again how reliable is it when they are picking the cubs to win the nl pennant.....

cburns
02-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Then we are gonna hear about how many years it's been since Cleveland has won a world series.

BRDSR
02-04-2005, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=WhiteSoxFan84]
If you bet $100 on the White Sox and they win the division, you get $450. QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Heck, if I end up getting my two split-season tickets in the outfield like I hope, I might just lay down about $400 on that action. If the White Sox win the division, I've paid for the entire ticket package already. How sweet would that be?

Chicago83
02-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Be careful with this site, I once bet on a few games and won some money, then when I went to get my account it was no where to be found. When I tried to talk to customer service I was completely ignored. Just a heads up.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Be careful with this site, I once bet on a few games and won some money, then when I went to get my account it was no where to be found. When I tried to talk to customer service I was completely ignored. Just a heads up.

your account was gone or your money?

batmanZoSo
02-04-2005, 07:00 PM

No they don't. And that does piss me off, because I guarantee they won't be any higher than third. Last year was a fluke and they still finished third. They had mediocre @## pitchers with amazing records that aren't likely to be duplicated.

Let everyone else get the respect and have the expectations. The Sox have never succeeded when they were expected to--at least not in my lifetime. I'd rather have it this way. And the last four years all our guys did was talk. Talk, talk, talk...

All Minnesota did was beat the living hell out of us, sometimes literally. Time to cut the bull[crap] and win the division. The team shouldn't worry about what experts say and neither should the fans.

johnny_mostil
02-04-2005, 07:10 PM
No they don't. And that does piss me off, because I guarantee they won't be any higher than third. Last year was a fluke and they still finished third. They had mediocre @## pitchers with amazing records that aren't likely to be duplicated.

But they had a half dozen all-stars! Cleveland's in for a rude shock. Teams where 8 of the 9 regulars have career-best seasons (and where the regulars are mostly 27-30 years old) are prime candidates for regression.

Chicago83
02-04-2005, 10:43 PM
your account was gone or your money?

The account was completely gone with no records of it, the customer service never mailed me back.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-05-2005, 02:14 AM
The account was completely gone with no records of it, the customer service never mailed me back.

How much did you win?? $1,000,000??? That's only way I see them even doing that. But it's nearly impossible to win a lot because the max bet they allow is $1,500.

I've been betting there for a while and I'm up a nice sum and I withdrew a portion of it. It's been almost a week and I haven't gotten the money, but having experience withdrawals from Party Poker and noticing how long they take, I'm being somewhat patient before I complain.

I would call them if I were you.