PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching this crap?!?

chisoxmike
02-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Anyone watching the press conference with Sosa? These people are embracing him like he's the second coming of Christ.

BRDSR
02-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Anyone watching the press conference with Sosa? These people are embracing him like he's the second coming of Christ.

Christ was black, wasn't he?

(Edit: Not at all meant to imply that black people mistunderstand Christ. Was a reference to Christ being portrayed in Western art as a brown-haired, blue-eyed German, not a darker-haired, brown-eyed Hebrew)

chisoxmike
02-02-2005, 06:12 PM
:shammy
"I... I mean "we"

This is all he is saying.

Jabroni
02-02-2005, 06:16 PM
:shammy
"I... I mean "we"

This is all he is saying.Hilarious. I heard it. "I... ummm, I mean we..."

A reporter asked him if a player on the Cubs owed him a boom-box but he said he already had a new one in Baltimore. :tongue:

winning ugly 72
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
i saw the press conference and was hoping someone started a thread that was a joke baltimore has no idea what they have gotten by the end of the conference camden yards was "HIS HOUSE" and it was typical sammy not answering any questions about why he left the clubhouse "i just happy to be here"

chisoxmike
02-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Baltimore isn't going to be any better than they were last year. They have NO pitching, and they're in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox. One will win the divison and one will win the wild card. Its not really fare but thats how it is and its going to be like that until one of those two teams somehow goes downhill and as of now, it doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon.

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I was listening to it on the radio driving home. I laughed so hard I'm lucky not to have run into a bridge. He's going to work hard to win the fans. Not the game - the fans. Classic. I couldn't quite make out Rome's question, but Silvy and Carmen were gagging on it. Did anybody get it?

spawn
02-02-2005, 07:39 PM
I listened to it on the radio. I just love that, even though they have Palmeiro, former AL MVP Miguel Tejada, and Javy Lopez, Cambden Yards is his new house. And never mindhe didn't say how his team was gonna compete, or the challenge to beat the Yankees and the Red Sox. He's gonna 'win the crowd'. And did anyone see or hear the question that Jim Rose asked? The one Sammy said was a smart question? Rose kissed his ass. Plain and simple. It was pathetic. So is Sosa. I can't wait to boo him when he comes to the Cell.

spawn
02-02-2005, 07:44 PM
I was listening to it on the radio driving home. I laughed so hard I'm lucky not to have run into a bridge. He's going to work hard to win the fans. Not the game - the fans. Classic. I couldn't quite make out Rome's question, but Silvy and Carmen were gagging on it. Did anybody get it?
I was listening to that broadcast as well. He basically said that Sammy should be pissed that he had his 60 hr's, he brought fans back to the game, yet had disparaging things said about him, by his manager no less. Hey Jim, you no longer have to kiss Sammy's ass. He's gone. Silvy was saying he did tht when Jordan was here as well. I think I liked listening to Silvy and Carmen more tham MJ&H.

Jjav829
02-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Did he really say Camden is his house? I'm guessing Miguel Tejada isn't going to be too happy about that, though Tejada is much more professional than Sham-ME can ever hope to be, so he probably won't make an issue out of it. It IS Tejada's team though and Sham-ME is going to have to learn that.

On another note, did anyone listen to Jeromy Burnitz on Carmen and Silvy? Wow. It's just interesting to listen to the differences between the two new Cubs. Jerry Hairston Jr. is just a great interview. He's a good guy and a joy to listen to. Burnitz on the other hand....well, he sounded like he just got done lighting up. :smokin: Burnitz.

spawn
02-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Did he really say Camden is his house? I'm guessing Miguel Tejada isn't going to be too happy about that, though Tejada is much more professional than Sham-ME can ever hope to be, so he probably won't make an issue out of it. It IS Tejada's team though and Sham-ME is going to have to learn that.

On another note, did anyone listen to Jeromy Burnitz on Carmen and Silvy? Wow. It's just interesting to listen to the differences between the two new Cubs. Jerry Hairston Jr. is just a great interview. He's a good guy and a joy to listen to. Burnitz on the other hand....well, he sounded like he just got done lighting up. :smokin: Burnitz
Yes, he said it was his new home, and it's his new house. As far as Burnitz, all the time he ws speaking, I was expecting to hear someone in the background saying 'puff puff give!'.

RKMeibalane
02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Fearless Prediction #5203: Frank Thomas, in spite missing time due to injury, will hit more home runs in 2005 than Sammy Sosa.

RKMeibalane
02-02-2005, 08:22 PM
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52125003.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE3CD9B8550AEAEDDC483EB0A26D01 5B08621B2AC3A62513D3

I can't wait to see this piece of **** screw up. Boy, is that going to be something.

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I was listening to that broadcast as well. He basically said that Sammy should be pissed that he had his 60 hr's, he brought fans back to the game, yet had disparaging things said about him, by his manager no less. Hey Jim, you no longer have to kiss Sammy's ass. He's gone. Silvy was saying he did tht when Jordan was here as well. I think I liked listening to Silvy and Carmen more tham MJ&H.Even better was when the sheep started calling in with their predictions. "I think Sammy's going to rebound big-time and hit 50 or more HR.":rolling::rolling::rolling:

He'll neve see the north side of 35.

What do you think? Do we need a pool on when the O's fans start booing?

spawn
02-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Even better was when the sheep started calling in with their predictions. "I think Sammy's going to rebound big-time and hit 50 or more HR.":rolling::rolling::rolling:

He'll neve see the north side of 35.

What do you think? Do we need a pool on when the O's fans start booing?

I think the best part of the press conference was when he was asked if he owed Cub fans an apology, and he said they still love him. I almost laughed myself into a car accident! And he's not sorry for anything he's done. What a tool. Typical Sammy. He won't talk about the negatives, he's gonna win the crowd. I can't wait until he's not voted a starter in this years' All-Star game.

Chisox003
02-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I think the best part of the press conference was when he was asked if he owed Cub fans an apology, and he said they still love him. I almost laughed myself into a car accident! And he's not sorry for anything he's done. What a tool. Typical Sammy. He won't talk about the negatives, he's gonna win the crowd. I can't wait until he's not voted a starter in this years' All-Star game.

I really hate this guy...I cant think of any better situation than Scammy getting traded from his beloved Cubs, and absolutely bombing in Baltimore....

I really hope for the fans to start booing in about game 4....But Ill give it until May, a little more realistic

spawn
02-02-2005, 08:52 PM
I really hate this guy...I cant think of any better situation than Scammy getting traded from his beloved Cubs, and absolutely bombing in Baltimore....

I really hope for the fans to start booing in about game 4....But Ill give it until May, a little more realistic
I can't wait for his first game here. Guaranteed, with his ego, He'll think he's gonna get standing ovation. I hope we show him no mercy!

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2005, 08:54 PM

I really hope for the fans to start booing in about game 4....But Ill give it until May, a little more realisticI can think of one. Staying with the Cubs and bombing....

Jabroni
02-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I can't wait for his first game here. Guaranteed, with his ego, He'll think he's gonna get standing ovation. I hope we show him no mercy!Actually, the best outcome would be Sosa tearing it up with Baltimore and Burnitz having his career worst year with the Cubs. Then the Cubs fans would cry over how Sham-Me was dumped for next to nothing. The fans would be calling for Jim Hendry's head next.

DumpJerry
02-02-2005, 09:01 PM
This guy in unreal! You'd think he would have been humbled by any one of 2,000 things that happened to him in the last 10 months here.:kukoo:

Now, if he bats .380, 75HRs, 160 RBI's for a Triple Crown, Flub fans will be flying off the roofs of Wrigleyville high rise condos like snow in a blizzard and cursing Hendry for trading him.:D:

SOXPHILE
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
This guy, is an absolute raging rectum. I'm living in a dream world, but it would be fall down funny if one or two of those butt kissers, er...I mean reporters were to ask him a couple of questions like "Do you know if the spousal abuse laws are any different here than in Chicago ?" or "Do you think the fans here will be as forgiving as they were in Chicago when it was shown that you have cheated by corking your bat, or when your name comes up during the Balco steroid investigations ?"
Does any one here think that during the 2005 season, the Tribune is gonna have some sort of "Sosa Watch", updating us each morning on how he did the previous night, and what his current stats are, kinda like the papers were doing when Michael Jordan was down in AA ball, batting .220 ?

Brian26
02-02-2005, 09:51 PM

I caught the replay around 8pm while I was having dinner. That entire press conference had to be one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in my life. How about when Sammy a few times said something he thought was funny, and he would look to his left and then to his right for approval, all the while with that ****-eating grin on his face. What an absolute ****ing tool.

Brian26
02-02-2005, 09:54 PM
This guy in unreal! You'd think he would have been humbled by any one of 2,000 things that happened to him in the last 10 months here

I was waiting for him to apologize just once for something...for anything. He wouldn't do it. He could have made everything right with the world, but he chose not to.

Viva Medias B's
02-02-2005, 10:30 PM
The one thing that floored me was the fact that Chicago reporters were in Baltimore to cover this. Geez, their Cubgasm is at an all time high!

FightingBillini
02-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Does any one here think that during the 2005 season, the Tribune is gonna have some sort of "Sosa Watch", updating us each morning on how he did the previous night, and what his current stats are, kinda like the papers were doing when Michael Jordan was down in AA ball, batting .220 ?

If he has a horrible season, they will. If he finds another designer steroid that doesn't show up on any tests and has a great season, there will be a Cubune rule never to mention his name again. If he does have a great year, the Trib will come out with a different story every week about him be suspected of steroid use and other "new" scandalous stories from the early 90's such as him beaing his wife with a Jack Daniels bottle.

Wow, part of me wants him to have a great year just to stick it to the Cubs, and to see what the Cubune resorts to to justify the trade.
The other part of me wants him to fail miserably. The Cubs will finish third regardless, so its a win-win situation.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Norberto7
02-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Actually, the best outcome would be Sosa tearing it up with Baltimore and Burnitz having his career worst year with the Cubs. Then the Cubs fans would cry over how Sham-Me was dumped for next to nothing. The fans would be calling for Jim Hendry's head next.

I agree with that. I guess it comes down to seperating two previously unified elements: dislike of Mr. Sosa and dislike of the Cubbie organization. Now that they are seperate, I have found my dislike of the Cubs far outweighs that of Sammy. Sure, he is a power tool, cheater, steroid abuser, etc. I just feel he was made into the scapegoat for the rest of the whiny Cubs and their manager last year. He was the same clown he had always been, but now that his numbers weren't as big, Hey!, point the finger.

Personally, I hope he does well, not because I am rooting for him, but against the organization that was so quick to either embrace or disgrace the exact same man for their purposes.

spawn
02-03-2005, 07:27 AM
I was waiting for him to apologize just once for something...for anything. He wouldn't do it. He could have made everything right with the world, but he chose not to.
You just hit the nail on the head. They gave him his oppurtunity to make things right. He didn't. That should show Orioles fans something.

kraut83
02-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Reaction by O's fans seems to be mixed at best on www.orioleshangout.com (http://www.orioleshangout.com) Most of them are still too busy being steamed about doing nothing to upgrade the pitching staff.

HURT35
02-03-2005, 08:56 AM
I think he may want to take a remedial math class or two. He started out by saying he spent 13 years in Chicago. Let's see 1989-2004, yep that's 13 years.

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 08:59 AM
I agree with that. I guess it comes down to seperating two previously unified elements: dislike of Mr. Sosa and dislike of the Cubbie organization. Now that they are seperate, I have found my dislike of the Cubs far outweighs that of Sammy. Sure, he is a power tool, cheater, steroid abuser, etc. I just feel he was made into the scapegoat for the rest of the whiny Cubs and their manager last year. He was the same clown he had always been, but now that his numbers weren't as big, Hey!, point the finger.

Personally, I hope he does well, not because I am rooting for him, but against the organization that was so quick to either embrace or disgrace the exact same man for their purposes.

I'm on board with this. I'm not rooting for it, but I would love for Sosa to have at least a decent year and Burnitz bomb (which I think is likely). For years the sheep loved Sammy and forgave him for corkgate, only to rake him over the coals the very next year. I would be vry pleased if he did well with the O's only because I want to stick it to cub fans. Yes, I can be a bitch. :smile:

Hangar18
02-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Actually, the best outcome would be Sosa tearing it up with Baltimore and Burnitz having his career worst year with the Cubs. Then the Cubs fans would cry over how Sham-Me was dumped for next to nothing. The fans would be calling for Jim Hendry's head next.

Agreed. I hope he does very well, and Burnitz BOMBS big time.
Unfortuneately, if Burnitz bombs, Hendry will just run out and spend big time money and fill the RF hole anyway. Sosa probably WONT do well
in the AL, theres better better pitching over here ........
PLUS, he doesnt have the Bozo Baskets, and 350 foot "power" alleys ......

Unregistered
02-03-2005, 09:28 AM
... I'm still trying to figure out what Sosa meant when he said he couldn't wait to "play for Oreos."

Maybe that's like the opposite of "playing for peanuts"... :?: :wink:

StillMissOzzie
02-03-2005, 12:42 PM

The Sun-Times, maybe, but not the Tribune. IMHO, they will distance themselves from Sosa as fast and as far as possible.

Also, keep in mind that, until the O's offer the contract entension, Sosa is in a salary drive year, so I wouldn't be that quick to pronounce him DOA. Of course, I still hope Burnitz has a BETTER year, just for giggles.

SMO
:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 12:45 PM
The Sun-Times, maybe, but not the Tribune. IMHO, they will distance themselves from Sosa as fast and as far as possible.

Also, keep in mind that, until the O's offer the contract entension, Sosa is in a salary drive year, so I wouldn't be that quick to pronounce him DOA. Of course, I still hope Burnitz has a BETTER year, just for giggles.

SMO
:gulp:Right. With Sosa in a contract year he'll be swinging for the fences every time up.:D:

BRDSR
02-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Right. With Sosa in a contract year he'll be swinging for the fences every time up.:D:

Haha...the teal is funny. At first I thought you were sarcastically saying that Sosa would swing for the fences, and I was confused. Then I realized you were sarcastically saying that Sosa would swing for the fences but only becase it was his contract year. It's funny because he would swing for the fences regardless. Sometimes I almost get lost in the witticism on this site.

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Haha...the teal is funny. At first I thought you were sarcastically saying that Sosa would swing for the fences, and I was confused. Then I realized you were sarcastically saying that Sosa would swing for the fences but only becase it was his contract year. It's funny because he would swing for the fences regardless. Sometimes I almost get lost in the witticism on this site.Now you've got ME confused.:?:

BRDSR
02-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Now you've got ME confused.:?:

Well maybe I misinterpreted your teal then...what exactly did you mean?

SOXFAN82
02-03-2005, 02:31 PM
http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2003/06/13/20030612202205.jpeg"MY HOUSE" lol....what a joke...can't wait for him to warm out his welcome by spring training....

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Well maybe I misinterpreted your teal then...what exactly did you mean?When I said he would be swinging for the fences every time up because it's a contract year, I put it in teal because otherwise you might think I meant he would be swinging for the fences only because it's a contract year even though I realized that you would think the teal meant he wouldn't be swinging for the fences, which, of course, he will. Better?

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 06:22 PM
When I said he would be swinging for the fences every time up because it's a contract year, I put it in teal because otherwise you might think I meant he would be swinging for the fences only because it's a contract year even though I realized that you would think the teal meant he wouldn't be swinging for the fences, which, of course, he will. Better?

http://www.simpsonsseason.com/7ralph.jpg
"My head hurts."

SOXintheBURGH
02-03-2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.simpsonsseason.com/7ralph.jpg
"My head hurts."

I think Ralph needs an official WSI tag.

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 07:54 PM

That would be sweet, especially if WU did something with this one:

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SMP/pdPASMP0007.jpg

Rocklive99
02-03-2005, 09:37 PM
I wish a Bal reporter would grow a pair and ask him if his hat size was any different this year

SomebodyToldMe
02-03-2005, 09:42 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/ralph.jpg
That's the best one.

Jabroni
02-03-2005, 09:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/ralph.jpg
That's the best one.
:) The problem is that people would overuse it like the Teal Police tag everytime someone makes a spelling and/or grammar mistake.

SomebodyToldMe
02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
:) The problem is that people would overuse it like the Teal Police tag everytime someone makes a spelling and/or grammar mistake.

I actually thought about that. But come on...It's just too darn good!