PDA

View Full Version : Yankees-Diamondbacks


Viva Magglio
10-22-2001, 10:08 PM
Barring a miracle comeback by the Seattle Mariners, the New York Yankees will travel to Phoenix and face the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 1 of the World Series this coming Saturday. Who will you be rooting for? Because the league in which our White Sox plays will be represented by the Yankees, that is who I am for.

I know I am in the minority on this issue, but it had been tradition for us to cheer for the American League team in the World Series no matter who it is. I like Arizona, but my American League loyalties are with the Yankees.

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2001, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I know I am in the minority on this issue, but it had been tradition for us to cheer for the American League team in the World Series no matter who it is. I like Arizona, but my American League loyalties are with the Yankees.

This must be some sort of old school tradition (I'm not trying to call Viva or anyone old). I always root for the team that I like best, sometimes the lesser of 2 evils like the Mets/Yanks last year.

GASHWOUND
10-22-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Barring a miracle comeback by the Seattle Mariners, the New York Yankees will travel to Phoenix and face the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 1 of the World Series this coming Saturday. Who will you be rooting for? Because the league in which our White Sox plays will be represented by the Yankees, that is who I am for.

I know I am in the minority on this issue, but it had been tradition for us to cheer for the American League team in the World Series no matter who it is. I like Arizona, but my American League loyalties are with the Yankees.

The Spanks MUST be stopped! Somehow, someway...we MUST not be tortured with the Spanks celebrating another WS.
I can't take it anymore...

FarWestChicago
10-22-2001, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


The Spanks MUST be stopped! Somehow, someway...we MUST not be tortured with the Spanks celebrating another WS.
I can't take it anymore... Go Gracie!! :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Go Gracie!!

I'm working on a D-Backs banner right now.

jklm
10-22-2001, 10:57 PM
I suggest we should not jinx the D'Backs like we did to the A's and the M's...

FarWestChicago
10-22-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by jklm
I suggest we should not jinx the D'Backs like we did to the A's and the M's... Well, you do have a point there...

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Well, you do have a point there...

:moron
We should all be rooting for the Yankees, including the fans in Arizona.

Nellie_Fox
10-22-2001, 11:44 PM
I always go American League, but I just can't stand the Yanks winning again. They constantly broke my heart in the fifties and sixties by beating very good Sox teams. If I could boo Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford (and I did) at Old Comiskey, I can pull for the Diamondbacks.

Has anyone gone over their rosters to see what the ex-Cub factor is?

FarWestChicago
10-22-2001, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Has anyone gone over their rosters to see what the ex-Cub factor is? Now there is a very good question. Somebody will have an answer.

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2001, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Now there is a very good question. Somebody will have an answer.

I'm just going off the top of my head but for Arizona they have Mark Grace and Louis Gonzalez.

FarWestChicago
10-22-2001, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I'm just going off the top of my head but for Arizona they have Mark Grace and Louis Gonzalez. Wow, I didn't know LuGo was ever on the Flubs. You learn something every day.

Jerry_Manuel
10-23-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Wow, I didn't know LuGo was ever on the Flubs. You learn something every day.

He played with the Cubs in parts of 1995 and all of 1996.

jklm
10-23-2001, 12:13 AM
Don't forget the ageless Mike Morgan...

Paulwny
10-23-2001, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I always go American League, but I just can't stand the Yanks winning again. They constantly broke my heart in the fifties and sixties by beating very good Sox teams. If I could boo Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford (and I did) at Old Comiskey, I can pull for the Diamondbacks.


I still carry the pain of the 50's and 60's, never ever root for the yanks.