PDA

View Full Version : White Sox two Spring Training games in MIL

kruzer31
02-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know what hotel the White Sox will be staying at in Milwaukee for their two exhibition games april 1st and 2nd.

Jeff

DaveIsHere
02-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Anyone get these tickets in the mail yet?? I havent got mine for the Saturday game:(:

chisoxmike
02-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Anyone get these tickets in the mail yet?? I havent got mine for the Saturday game:(:

I actually called about that today. They said tickets will be mailed out shortly and we should be getting them in a week or so.

DaveIsHere
02-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I actually called about that today. They said tickets will be mailed out shortly and we should be getting them in a week or so.

Great, thanks for the info

Palehose13
02-02-2005, 06:03 PM

I just got mine today. I would imagine that you'll receive yours shortly. :smile:

soxwon
02-02-2005, 10:26 PM
I just got mine today. I would imagine that you'll receive yours shortly. :smile:

cause your local- we are not!!!
100 miles is considered long distance.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know what hotel the White Sox will be staying at in Milwaukee for their two exhibition games april 1st and 2nd.

Jeff
I didn't want the original purpose of this thread to get lost in a "Where are my tickets?" frenzy (BTW, haven't got mine yet either). We're going to both games, and staying at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. We stayed there for a teachers convention 2 years ago, and it's a beautiful place. It's also only 6 minutes (according to MapQuest) away from Miller Park.

MUsoxfan
02-02-2005, 10:58 PM
It's also only 6 minutes (according to MapQuest) away from Miller Park.

That's about right. Triple that on a Friday afternoon

SOX ADDICT '73
02-02-2005, 11:07 PM
That's about right. Triple that on a Friday afternoon
Good to know, thanks! The timing of these games is unbelievable - my wife and I are both teachers, and that weekend is the tail-end of our spring break. And, April 2 is her birthday! Although she is a baseball fan, I was unable to pass this little trip off as her present (too much of a present for ME), so now I have to let her redecorate the kitchen (translation: she makes the decisions, I do all the work).:(:

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 08:42 AM
cause your local- we are not!!!
100 miles is considered long distance.

Well, duh...I figured that I would be one of the first to get my tix, so I thought I would let people know that they are in the mail and should be in their hands in a few days.

mweflen
02-03-2005, 09:31 AM
When oh when will we see an interleague series between these clubs? This used to be a great rivalry. They should play at least 3 a year because of the regional closeness.

Sad
02-03-2005, 09:50 AM
I really miss the old Sox vs Brewers series...

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 09:52 AM
When oh when will we see an interleague series between these clubs? This used to be a great rivalry. They should play at least 3 a year because of the regional closeness.

We did a few years ago (2000 or 2001). Of course, I went to all 3 games. I can't wait for when the Sox play the NL central again so I can see them up here again...in a meaningful game.

Hangar18
02-03-2005, 11:04 AM

YES. the Interleague series was supposed to be One year WEST, one Year
Central, One year EAST. Somehow, Pud Selig in his infinite wisdom,
decided would be "Good for Baseball" if the Cubs Played the AL East ever year,
thus forcing the SOX to miss the Brewers series, simply because the
"Greed of Baseball" er ........I mean "Good Of Baseball"

Anyone remember Selig Gushing and Gloating during a FOX saturday game...
1st meeting between the Tribune and Seligs team? The camera panned
the stands, and Selig "look at all these fans" "its good for baseball"
"A rivalry is created" and the relative closeness of the 2 cities made it
IDEAL for them to Play each other every year. I was SCREAMING AT THE TV "HEY BUD YOU JACKASS, THE SOX PLAYED THE BREWERS EVERY YEAR TOO, and We Filled that park up too!!"

When the SOX played a 3 game series in Milwaukee that one and only interleague contest, there were 40,000 Plus for each game. Selig
conveniently forgets that doesnt he?

Hangar18
02-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I can't wait for when the Sox play the NL central again so I can see them up here again...in a meaningful game.

Dont hold your breath Palehose. As long as Pud Selig is Ruining The Game,
errrr I mean RUNNING The Game, and as Long as hes in theFOX/Tribune pocket, hes going to keep the NL Central playing against the AL East.
All for the Greed of the Game ...
Errrrrrr, I mean GOOD of the Game.

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Dont hold your breath Palehose. As long as Pud Selig is Ruining The Game,
errrr I mean RUNNING The Game, and as Long as hes in theFOX/Tribune pocket, hes going to keep the NL Central playing against the AL East.
All for the Greed of the Game ...
Errrrrrr, I mean GOOD of the Game.

:(: Oh well, at least they came back for spring training.

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 11:20 AM
YES. the Interleague series was supposed to be One year WEST, one Year
Central, One year EAST. Somehow, Pud Selig in his infinite wisdom,
decided would be "Good for Baseball" if the Cubs Played the AL East ever year,
thus forcing the SOX to miss the Brewers series, simply because the
"Greed of Baseball" er ........I mean "Good Of Baseball"

Anyone remember Selig Gushing and Gloating during a FOX saturday game...
1st meeting between the Tribune and Seligs team? The camera panned
the stands, and Selig "look at all these fans" "its good for baseball"
"A rivalry is created" and the relative closeness of the 2 cities made it
IDEAL for them to Play each other every year. I was SCREAMING AT THE TV "HEY BUD YOU JACKASS, THE SOX PLAYED THE BREWERS EVERY YEAR TOO, and We Filled that park up too!!"

When the SOX played a 3 game series in Milwaukee that one and only interleague contest, there were 40,000 Plus for each game. Selig
conveniently forgets that doesnt he?Huh??? The Cubs played AL West teams last year.:?:

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Huh??? The Cubs played AL West teams last year.:?:

But didn't they play the Yankees also?

*edit. My bad...I guess not. That was the year before. Ugh, the years run together as you get older....

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 12:28 PM
But didn't they play the Yankees also?

*edit. My bad...I guess not. That was the year before. Ugh, the years run together as you get older....But do seem to have eliminated the Central-Central pairing. What gives with that?

ewokpelts
02-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Huh??? The Cubs played AL West teams last year.:?:
Henry's referring the now screwed up rotation between interleague.
Gene

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 12:33 PM
But do seem to have eliminated the Central-Central pairing. What gives with that?

I dunno, but it sucks. I would love to see the Sox up here if not every year, then every 3 years. Unfortunately I get the morons from the northsdie of town migrating. I have a friend that has season Brewer tix and when they switched to NL, I warned he about cub fans. Her response was "Why? They're harmless?" After the first series, she told me that she wanted us (Sox fans) back. :D:

Another thing regarding central-central games, my roomie from college is a huge Pirates fan who lives in Indy. It would be great if the Sox and Pirates played so we could go to some games together.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-03-2005, 01:06 PM
So, just for clarification, I'm assuming no one knows which hotel the Sox will be staying in? Okay, back to lamenting how the interleague schedule is biased toward the Flubs and the almighty dollar (Sorry Kruzer, I'm trying).

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 01:11 PM
So, just for clarification, I'm assuming no one knows which hotel the Sox will be staying in? Okay, back to lamenting how the interleague schedule is biased toward the Flubs and the almighty dollar (Sorry Kruzer, I'm trying).

I have no idea, but my guess would be the Hyatt.

whitesoxwilkes
02-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Got my tickets in the mail today!

:bandance::bandance:

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Got my tickets in the mail today!

:bandance::bandance:

See, I told you they'd come shortly. :wink: Where are you at again, Wilkes? I'm 117 row 6 both games.

whitesoxwilkes
02-03-2005, 06:23 PM
See, I told you they'd come shortly. :wink: Where are you at again, Wilkes? I'm 117 row 6 both games.

Same row as you Saturday. Not sure where I'll be Friday.

Palehose13
02-03-2005, 06:39 PM

Sweet. I'm a little worried about the Friday game...I may have practice that I'm not supposed to miss, but I may just miss it anyway. I just hope I don't get spotted! :wink:

soxwon
02-03-2005, 08:41 PM
im in 122 row 5 aisle seats right behind our dugout for saturday.

tacosalbarojas
02-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Just got mine for Friday night. All this talk got me stoked, plus I can't miss the first night game. Question: do I wear my El Caballo hat? Answer: only if I have the Freddy G. jersey to go with it.

What's everyone's take on Miller Park? I haven't been there, but I have heard mixed reactions about it.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-03-2005, 09:41 PM

That's SUCH BS. I called to cancel some of mine less than a week after I ordered them and the guy interrupted me and said, "Well they're in the mail already, I can't do nothing about that". I still haven't got mine :angry: