PDA

View Full Version : One Good Sign

Viva Magglio
07-25-2001, 09:40 PM
:maggs

He is beginning to hit.

Jjav829
07-25-2001, 09:41 PM
Too bad Konerko didn't watch the patience that Maggs showed in that last AB of his.

Daver
07-25-2001, 09:42 PM
I don't think anyone here was worried about that.

Viva Magglio
07-25-2001, 09:44 PM
:reinsy:KW
We were. A slump would have allowed us to lowball Mágglio even more.

Iguana775
07-25-2001, 09:44 PM
:jon

"hey!!! dont forget about me!!!! i pitched a helluva game in relief!!"

his line.....4 inn, 1 hit, 2 bb's, 1 k

doublem23
07-25-2001, 09:45 PM
Yeah, when the HELL are they going to lock him up?

Jesus, what more does this guy have to do to prove that he belongs here?

IA_soxfan
07-25-2001, 09:48 PM
The espn guys said a 3 year deal with maggs is very very close to being completed. Then again, we've hear that for several weeks now.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan
The espn guys said a 3 year deal with maggs is very very close to being completed. Then again, we've hear that for several weeks now.

I've been hearing from Peter "There are other cities than Boston?" Gammons that the Sox have ruled Magglio unsignable and he will be somewhere else in 2002.

That would suck.

Daver
07-25-2001, 09:55 PM
If you trust anything that ESPN says you need to find a new source for information.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by daver
If you trust anything that ESPN says you need to find a new source for information.

I don't trust ESPN at all, but everyone is saying something else. First someone from ESPN says that Magglio is gone, and now, someone else says they're about to sign him.

I doubt the Sox are going to let Magglio go. Keeping a guy like that around is basic common knowledge.

JUST SIGN HIM!!!!! Get this crap over with!!!!

I trust VERY little news I read. I only really trust the Daily Southtown (and not that much), or AP.

Tragg
07-25-2001, 10:07 PM
He's too quality a hitter to lowball like the Reinsdorf is doing. I know it's one at bat, but that 9th inning AB showed he's an elite professional hitter, far and away the best we have and one of the best in baseball.
Reinsdorf hasn't thrown money away lately. he got frank at market (below market now, but market then).

He overpayed for navarro which was his own tomfoolery considering that a)he wasn't that good before we signed him; b)he refused to sign his homegrown pitchers like mcdowell, fernandez or alvarez. He might have overpaid for Belle.

But really, riensdorf hasn't had to eat any large bad contracts. Pull the trigger, jerry.

Daver
07-25-2001, 10:08 PM
Bueller?,Bueller?,anyone?anyone?

Maggs will be signed to a long term deal by the end of Aug.that is a great sig. though.

Iguana775
07-25-2001, 10:09 PM
i trust gammons about as far as i can throw him!! lol

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:12 PM
:boston
As long as I get thrown towards Boston, that's fine with me.

Daver
07-25-2001, 10:18 PM
As far as Mcdowell,Alvarez and Fernandez go I guess we have to admit that Jerry was right.And how many of you still want to sign Foulke to big numbers for 3 years?
A 2 pitch pitcher aint worth that kind of money,sorry.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by daver
As far as Mcdowell,Alvarez and Fernandez go I guess we have to admit that Jerry was right.And how many of you still want to sign Foulke to big numbers for 3 years?
A 2 pitch pitcher aint worth that kind of money,sorry.

I see your point, but let's let him go when we have someone able to step in and take his place. Right now, the closest thing we have is Edwin Almonte, who has 20-something saves for Birmingham. Howry? Yeah, right. Barcelo? Had ANOTHER surgery, 3, if my math is correct.

I don't think it is a good idea to let someone go when there is nobody ready to take his place. That is why I'm an advocate of keeping Ray-Ray. Liu Rodriguez is NOT a major-league second baseman.