PDA

View Full Version : White Sox appear on NY reporter's radar

Baby Fisk
02-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Kenny's cover has been blown. Newsday's John Heyman lists the Sox among this year's off-season winners.

linky (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-sphey024132447feb02,0,2912428.column?coll=ny-sports-headlines)

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Kenny's cover has been blown. Newsday's John Heyman lists the Sox among this year's off-season winners.

linky (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-sphey024132447feb02,0,2912428.column?coll=ny-sports-headlines)Ah. What do they know?

ja1022
02-02-2005, 03:18 PM
John Heyman must be a brilliant, brilliant journalist.

mweflen
02-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Since when had Carlos overstayed his welcome? I know I welcomed him every time he came up in the lineup last year...

Could he have spared half a line to name the two players who actually make us more complete... AJ Pierzynski and Orlando Hernandez?

soxtalker
02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Interesting. Just looking at how rival teams compare, this doesn't seem like too bad of an analysis. I think that the general consensus around the Chicago media and fans would be that the Sox did better than the Cubs. And the same would be true for Mets vs. Yankees in NYC. But I didn't realize how much more that the Angels did compared to the Dodgers. Wonder what the fans on the LA boards are saying?

samram
02-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Interesting. Just looking at how rival teams compare, this doesn't seem like too bad of an analysis. I think that the general consensus around the Chicago media and fans would be that the Sox did better than the Cubs. And the same would be true for Mets vs. Yankees in NYC. But I didn't realize how much more that the Angels did compared to the Dodgers. Wonder what the fans on the LA boards are saying?

They're a little confused about what they've done, although they did get the right to sign Nakamura today.

longshot7
02-02-2005, 04:09 PM

The Dodgers are dead - long live the LA Angels of Wherever!! That's what we're saying!

Church Turtle
02-02-2005, 04:41 PM
The Dodgers are dead - long live the LA Angels of Wherever!! That's what we're saying!

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Gene Autry aughta rise from his grave and guitar-clobber whoever came up with that idea. "Let's hit 'im off at the sushi bar Champion!"

DumpJerry
02-02-2005, 05:25 PM
He was too nice on the Flubs.

FightingBillini
02-02-2005, 06:20 PM

Agreed. Since when is dropping $30mil in salary an average offseason? (he gave them a C) The Astros lost Beltran and Kent, but at least they kept their big free agent pitcher. No matter what the media says, Houston's rotations is STILL much better than the Cubs'.

Cowhead418
02-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by DumpJerry

It doesn't matter, they will still win 100 games and win the World Series, right? I mean Glendon Rusch is far superior to Clement in every aspect of the game. Corky and Alou, ah who needs their production? They got the superstar Jerry Hairston Jr. Oh, and don't worry about the terrible bullpen from last year. Chad Fox, Mike Williamson and Stephen Randolph will all have ERA's below 0.50. Jeremy Burnitz is a sure MVP next year. And to top it all off, they got the amazing Henry Blanco. He will baffle pitchers will his .206 batting average. I sure wouldn't want to steal on this guy! They shouldn't even bother playing the games next year. No need to embarass every team in the MLB when the Cubs go 162-0 and outscore their opponents in the playoffs 566-0. And yet, somehow, Kerry Wood will find a way not to win more than 14 games.

:roflmao:

soxwon
02-02-2005, 07:56 PM
the white sox, diamondbacks and yankees had the best offseason,

the nationals did too.

zach074
02-02-2005, 08:02 PM

the nationals did too.

That sure is a long license plate.:D:

iftypofixit
02-02-2005, 08:09 PM
The best part...

Plus, they acquired Sosa within weeks after baseball got serious in its steroids crackdown.

popilius
02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm suprised Kansas City wasn't mentioned. . . who did they get besides Jose Lima?

:gulp:

spawn
02-02-2005, 08:48 PM
This reporter obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. The Sox had a horrible offseason. Just ask Rob Neyer.

elrod
02-02-2005, 09:12 PM

the nationals did too.

Let's not forget the Nationals, indeed. Not that the moves by Jim Bowden were that great. He took a crappy farm system and made it worse by signing nutcases Wil Cordero and Jose Guillen, as well as has-been Castilla and Loaiza. But the real story is that basebal has finally returned to Washington, my home town. For the first time I will have three teams to root for. The White Sox, the Mets (loved them even longer than the White Sox) and the Nats. Hopefully I won't praying one of them gets to .500 next September.

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2005, 09:41 PM
This reporter obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. The Sox had a horrible offseason. Just ask Rob Neyer.What is so hard?
This is teal.
This is not.

spawn
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
What is so hard?
This is teal.
This is not.
It's been corrected. Sorry, but I'm posting from a laptop, and they all looked the same so I guessed. But, being stuck on stupid s I am, I forgot that mousing over the color shows what it is!:D:

SouthBendSox
02-18-2005, 09:35 PM
What is so hard?
This is teal.
This is not.

When they came for the Catholics, I said nothing.
When they came for the Hungarians, I said nothing.
When they came for the atheists, I said nothing.
When they came for the Jews, I said nothing.
When they came for the communists, I said nothing.

When they came for me, there was no one left to defend me.

End Teal-Nazism Now!!

MRKARNO
02-18-2005, 10:05 PM
When they came for the Catholics, I said nothing.
When they came for the Hungarians, I said nothing.
When they came for the atheists, I said nothing.
When they came for the Jews, I said nothing.
When they came for the communists, I said nothing.

When they came for me, there was no one left to defend me.

End Teal-Nazism Now!!

First of all this was a ridiculous reason to bring back a 2 week old thread.

Second of all, and more importantly, your post is entirely innapropriate. The poem you mock is one of the most moving of the Holocaust and to use it so lightly is an insult to the tragedy that is the Holocaust. Nazism gets thrown around way too much as it is, but to expand on the idea by bringing up that poem as well is sad and unfortunate.

Unregistered
02-18-2005, 10:17 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2498
(I knew it wouldn't be long until I got to use this again... :D:)