PDA

View Full Version : Rowand gets a little recognition

ja1022
02-02-2005, 11:35 AM
http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/news?slug=mlbpa-aaronrowandhardnosedtale&prov=mlbpa&type=news

mweflen
02-02-2005, 11:38 AM
If we don't use the nickname ARow, "Scrappy" would be a fun alternative.

Palehose13
02-02-2005, 11:47 AM
:supernana: :supernana:
Nice article!

PorkChopExpress
02-02-2005, 11:51 AM
If we don't use the nickname ARow, "Scrappy" would be a fun alternative.

They can play that little charge song from the "Scooby-Doo" cartoons with his little nephew Scrappy-Doo. If you know what I'm talking about it's funny, if you don't, maybe it sounds a little strange.

mweflen
02-02-2005, 11:58 AM
They can play that little charge song from the "Scooby-Doo" cartoons with his little nephew Scrappy-Doo. If you know what I'm talking about it's funny, if you don't, maybe it sounds a little strange.

Yeah, that would be cute. Plus, ARow is built like a fire hydrant, so the doggie nickname would be oddly apropos.

I think we should email Brooks about it.

SoxFan76
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
(About riding motorcycle) "I don't do that anymore"

LOL

PAPChiSox729
02-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Rowand was one of the bright spots last season. Hardworker and a good hitter. Glad to see ARow is getting some much-deserved recoginition.

popilius
02-02-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm glad he's getting some credit, because he deserves it. I expect he'll be getting more recognition as the season goes on. . .

:gulp:

Chrisaway
02-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Good read. I cant wait to watch him play again.

DaveIsHere
02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
While Rowand plays a scrappy game, but it is noted that he takes bad routes :D:

chisox2005
02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
"Playing at Fullerton and going to college was probably the best decision I ever made. I learned a lot about the game. That's where I switched to the outfield and that's where I learned the position after playing mostly in the infield. I just loved it. I wouldn't trade it for anything."

What position did Rowand play in the infield at Fullerton?

Centerfield33
02-02-2005, 11:07 PM
When he first started at Cal State Fullerton, they put him at 3rd base, but it wasn't long before he was in right field and that's where he pretty much stayed. Most of his infield positions were in high school..... shortstop, second base..... I think he even pitched.....scary!

SoxxoS
02-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I would like to put a WSI (and if possible) nationwide ban on all nicknames which take the first letter of the first name, and the last 2-3 letters of the last name. The only people in the United States who are allowed to have this nickname are:

AROD
J-LO

That means NO:
SPOD
AROW
FGAR

etc.

Thank you.

SomebodyToldMe
02-03-2005, 01:11 AM
But A-Row has a nice ring to it. It's kinda like "Arrow". I like it.

Or should we just call him Rowdawg?

OzzieBall2004
02-03-2005, 01:14 AM
I would like to put a WSI (and if possible) nationwide ban on all nicknames which take the first letter of the first name, and the last 2-3 letters of the last name. The only people in the United States who are allowed to have this nickname are:

AROD
J-LO

That means NO:
SPOD
AROW
FGAR

etc.

Thank you.

It's also very cub-like...
A-Gon
A-Ram
D-Lee

idseer
02-03-2005, 07:31 AM

AROD
J-LO

That means NO:
SPOD
AROW
FGAR

etc.

Thank you.

totally disagree. if there was ever a name meant for this, it's arow. even moreso than arod.

SoxFanTillDeath
02-03-2005, 09:02 AM
ARow is popular because of the fact that it sounds so much like "ARod". If it weren't for ARod then ARow would not have caught on.

I totally agree, however, that the "1-3 nickname" is so popular because people lack the creativity to come up with good, memorable nicknames.