PDA

View Full Version : White Sox 2005 TV schedule?

OH!foracold1
02-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm a processed cheesehead just over the border and I'm concerned that because of the Comcast deal :angry: I won't be able to catch many Sox games on the tube. Last year I was able to watch most of them. (FSN, WGN, WCIU). I know that WGN and WCIU will still be televising some but does anyone know what the actually number is? How many will Comcast televise? I'll be SOL when Comcast televises them I guess. But I'll be listening to John and Farmeo.

:cool: THE SOX WILL JIVE IN 2005
(God! Is that corney..now I sound like a frickin Flub fan)

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/products/SMALL/10138000/10138605.jpg (http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--10138605/sOrig--CAT/sOrigID--2015/Comiskey_Park_-_Chicago_(old).htm?ui=C968F25B452C4157924E5D979B1A DA67)
Missing the old SHRINE

nccwsfan
02-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Would getting DirecTV be an option for you? If so you can get all of the Sox games with the Extra Innings package, or you can buy the EI package on MLB.com and watch from your computer. That might even be better b/c you can watch the games anytime throughout the season.

mjharrison72
02-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Would getting DirecTV be an option for you? If so you can get all of the Sox games with the Extra Innings package, or you can buy the EI package on MLB.com and watch from your computer. That might even be better b/c you can watch the games anytime throughout the season.
I second the MLB.com option... you can listen to day games at work and log on from wherever you happen to be, so long as they have a computer with a broadband connection. The quality isn't always perfect, but it's passable and the price was right to me.

Medford Bobby
02-02-2005, 11:09 AM
:cool: Let's Go XM!! Let's Go XM!! Let's Go XM!!:bandance:

GiveMeSox
02-02-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm a processed cheesehead just over the border and I'm concerned that because of the Comcast deal :angry: I won't be able to catch many Sox games on the tube. Last year I was able to watch most of them. (FSN, WGN, WCIU). I know that WGN and WCIU will still be televising some but does anyone know what the actually number is? How many will Comcast televise? I'll be SOL when Comcast televises them I guess. But I'll be listening to John and Farmeo.

:cool: THE SOX WILL JIVE IN 2005
(God! Is that corney..now I sound like a frickin Flub fan)

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/products/SMALL/10138000/10138605.jpg (http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--10138605/sOrig--CAT/sOrigID--2015/Comiskey_Park_-_Chicago_%28old%29.htm?ui=C968F25B452C4157924E5D97 9B1ADA67)
Missing the old SHRINE

Thats kinda strage your cable company doesn't carry comcast sports net. If they carried FSN, the local sports station out of chicago, and now FSN is going bye bye and being replaced with Comcast Sports Net you should just get that instead. I live 120 miles from Chitown in Lafayette, IN and i actually get both. Insight has always had FSN and now they just added CSN to there basic 70 channel lineup. It seems that this should be the norm and maybe your cable company just needs a kick in the rear end. What would it take to get replace FSN with CSN, not much really.

kojak
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
We just recently got WGN here in the Bay Area, but I knew about the Comcast Sports Net deal. It would be ironic that the company that laid me off adds WGN but then siphons off Sox games to their new sports channel...

JKryl
02-02-2005, 01:23 PM
:cool: Let's Go XM!! Let's Go XM!! Let's Go XM!!:bandance:

Can you pick up satellite radio in one of these downtown office buildings? We can't even get AM in here.

Church Turtle
02-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Thats kinda strage your cable company doesn't carry comcast sports net. If they carried FSN, the local sports station out of chicago, and now FSN is going bye bye and being replaced with Comcast Sports Net you should just get that instead. I live 120 miles from Chitown in Lafayette, IN and i actually get both. Insight has always had FSN and now they just added CSN to there basic 70 channel lineup. It seems that this should be the norm and maybe your cable company just needs a kick in the rear end. What would it take to get replace FSN with CSN, not much really.
Hey GiveMe - Is the FSN that you currently get the Fox Sports Midwest that offers a lot of St. Louis programming? Just wondered. We get both the new Comcast and the FSN out of St. Louis. We used to get two different Fox Sports Net channels.

GiveMeSox
02-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey GiveMe - Is the FSN that you currently get the Fox Sports Midwest that offers a lot of St. Louis programming? Just wondered. We get both the new Comcast and the FSN out of St. Louis. We used to get two different Fox Sports Net channels.

No we get FSN chicago, and they just added CSN Chicago at the start of the Bulls season. I watched all the Sox games on FSN Chicago here in Aug and Sept when they were still playing. I dont know if Insight is planning on dumping FSN chicago anytime soon, I like having both. We get poker super stars and such on FSN. They acutally black out the Bulls games here claiming its "Pacers Territiory" even though we are about 60 miles from both Indy and Chicago suburbs. We dont get the FSN midwest thing unless you pay for the sports package for digital cable, but we dont.

Kroozah
02-02-2005, 07:47 PM
We just recently got WGN here in the Bay Area, but I knew about the Comcast Sports Net deal. It would be ironic that the company that laid me off adds WGN but then siphons off Sox games to their new sports channel...

I am also a fellow bay area person, and was stoked to find out WGN started airing here, thought how many Sox games will be televised since the new deal should prove interesting. I get a kick out of seeing the WGN news, kinda gets me homesick.

kojak
02-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, me too. Chicago will always be home for me, although I doubt I will ever live there again. The wife just hates cold weather and comes totally unraveled in a thunderstorm (which I love and miss)

Oh well, hope to get at least 1 or 2 games a week, which beats the game every other month that I have been accustomed to...

Fenway
02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Can you pick up satellite radio in one of these downtown office buildings? We can't even get AM in here.

well.... maybe

The 2/3 NY Times has an article you should all read about XM to go

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/03/technology/circuits/03stat.html?oref=login
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/02/03/technology/03stat.jumpp.jpg
The first pocket-size satellite radio, available for XM radio only, is called the Delphi MyFi. (It will be joined later this year by additional models for XM and Sirius. That's good, because the rivals offer different services. XM has Major League Baseball and 24-hour traffic and weather reports for 21 major cities; Sirius has the National Football League, some National Public Radio, traffic and weather for 10 cities and, coming soon, Howard Stern.)

kraut83
02-03-2005, 03:03 PM

You can get XM through your computer for, I think, $2.95 a month if you have a regular subscription as well. ($9.95/mo).

SAVVY18
02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
The thing you out of towners need to remember about WGN is that they have local programming and "Superstation" programming at the same time. What I mean is a Sox game can be on the air in Chicago locally, but the Superstation WGN is broacasting MacGyver or some other crap like that. There is some kind of law that prohibits them showing all games on the "Superstation" channel. So temper your enthusiasm about Sox games on WGN. You will only get the games marked as "Superstation" games.

Lip Man 1
02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Savvy:

That only applies to the Chicago Bulls and the NBA due to the court ruling on the matter a few years ago.

Both the Cubs and White Sox pay MLB for the right to broadcast games over a Superstation. There is no 'alternate' programming for baseball.

If WGN says they are showing say 30 Sox games over WGN-TV, you get 30 Sox games regardless of where you live.

Lip

ewokpelts
02-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I am also a fellow bay area person, and was stoked to find out WGN started airing here, thought how many Sox games will be televised since the new deal should prove interesting. I get a kick out of seeing the WGN news, kinda gets me homesick.
it was cool when i was in vegas last year to watch the channel 9 news...at 7pm...also caught a few innings of sox/flubs st game when i checked in
Gene