PDA

View Full Version : Serie de Caribe

Church Turtle
02-02-2005, 09:01 AM
The Carribean Series is going on this week. Last night the Mexican League's representative, Mazatlan shut out the Tigres who are representing the Venezuelan League. It's a round-robin tourney and the other two teams are from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Does anyone know where I can find televised coverage of this series? I'm hankering real baseball, not just posting and reading about it here on WSI. (I imagine most of you are in the mood for some real baseball action, too.) Thanks in advance.

SOXintheBURGH
02-02-2005, 09:20 AM
You can watch it on ESPN Deportes.

HomeFish
02-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Wasn't Borchard cut from a Mazatlan team?

SOXintheBURGH
02-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Wasn't Borchard cut from a Mazatlan team?

Sure was.

HomeFish
02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Are these the same Mazatlan Deer?

JKryl
02-02-2005, 01:21 PM
The Carribean Series is going on this week. Last night the Mexican League's representative, Mazatlan shut out the Tigres who are representing the Venezuelan League. It's a round-robin tourney and the other two teams are from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Does anyone know where I can find televised coverage of this series? I'm hankering real baseball, not just posting and reading about it here on WSI. (I imagine most of you are in the mood for some real baseball action, too.) Thanks in advance.

You're making this up, right?

SOXintheBURGH
02-02-2005, 01:45 PM
You're making this up, right?

Not at all.. they showed highlights from every Dominican game on SC.. mostly MLB players too.

popilius
02-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a Mexico baseball jersey, the same their wearing for this series? Somewhere online perhaps? . . .

:gulp:

JKryl
02-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a Mexico baseball jersey, the same their wearing for this series? Somewhere online perhaps? . . .

:gulp:

Try e-bay. Just do a search on the team name. They have everything.

JUribe1989
02-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Did anybody watch the Dominican Republic vs. Venezuela game. O man I saw it on ESPN Deportes it was such a thriller. The Orioles Daniel Cabrera got the start for the Dominican Republic. Venezuela was up 7-0 in ninth when Miguel Tejada hit a bases-clearing double with two outs in the ninth to start a rally that eventually fell short. It was such a great game. They ended up losing 7-5, but give credit to Venezuela for this upset.

Magglios_Girl
02-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Lets go DR!!!!!
http://www.lasaguilas.com/images/stories/dep1.jpg
http://www.lasaguilas.com/html/fotos/albums/album08/Arnaldo_Mu_oz_Pitcher_59.sized.jpgMuos!

WhiteSoxFan84
02-05-2005, 02:30 AM
Some of the players involved in this tournament; D'Angelo Jimenez, Julian Tavarez, Daniel Cabrera, Vinny Castillia, and I know I'm forgetting a lot more.

flo-B-flo
02-05-2005, 08:13 PM
I've written about this in here before. My parents would go to Puerto Rico for vacation and my dad would call to rub in the fact that he spent all day watching ML baseball players in winter leagues. Someone besides a satelite station needs to televise these games so I can see them.