PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Trade Options

BridgePortNative
02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Our team is jam packed with a lot of outfielders
Considering how ****ing amazing Kenny is........... what do you see happening with some of these outfielders??????

NSSoxFan
02-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Our team is jam packed with a lot of outfielders
Considering how ****ing amazing Kenny is........... what do you see happening with some of these outfielders??????

Not really, we don't have as many outfielders as you are making it out to be.

Jabroni
02-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I could possibly see Everett being traded at the deadline since Frank should be healthy by then.

Jerome
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
If Iguchi gets injured...

:ralomar:
"Damn, tampa bay just got a few more fine young prospects!"

FightingBillini
02-01-2005, 10:47 PM
I could possibly see Everett being traded at the deadline since Frank should be healthy by then.

I can't. Everett is healthy and in shape, and he will have a huge year for us. Ozzie will have to rearange the lineups to get Carl playing time after Frank comes back. If Pods has a good year (.290, 70SB), that will be even better. Everett will be the wild card going into the playoffs. No team in baseball has a good veteran switch hitting power hitter coming off the bench in the late innings. I dont see KW getting rid of him.

Tragg
02-01-2005, 10:54 PM
It's decent depth; these guys are under contract for 1 or 2 years by which I hope our minor league depth, which appears to be OFs as well, is ready to play.

chisox2005
02-01-2005, 10:59 PM
The only trade I pray doesn't happen deals with Konerko. I know its highly unlikely, but if the two sides can't come to terms on a contract then I don't see the Sox letting him go for nothing. I know Paul said he wants too make it easy as possible to re-sign but with Sexson getting a lot of money as well as Delgado who knows if thats what Paulies agents demand, and I'm not sure if the Sox would want to spend that money on Konerko.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I was unhappy with the CLee trade at first (in retrospect, it was BRILLIANT), but if PK gets traded, things are going to get real ugly around here...

MisterB
02-02-2005, 01:15 AM
I can't. Everett is healthy and in shape, and he will have a huge year for us. Ozzie will have to rearange the lineups to get Carl playing time after Frank comes back. If Pods has a good year (.290, 70SB), that will be even better. Everett will be the wild card going into the playoffs. No team in baseball has a good veteran switch hitting power hitter coming off the bench in the late innings. I dont see KW getting rid of him.

Once Thomas is back, I can see Carl spelling both he and Dye regularly so all three can stay healthy down the stretch.

jabrch
02-02-2005, 08:04 AM
I was unhappy with the CLee trade at first (in retrospect, it was BRILLIANT), but if PK gets traded, things are going to get real ugly around here...

If KW finds a move to trade PK and make the team better - I'd miss PK - but I wouldn't be angry. When the talk was trading PK and getting RJ and then signing Delgado (100mm payroll?) I had no problem losing PK.

kittle42
02-02-2005, 12:40 PM
can we trade for a general manager?

"let's build a team full of right-handed power hitters! No wait, that didn't work. Let's build one with pitching and speed, yeah, that's it!" :?:

Does anyone really believe that Sox pitching can compete with the Twins? Bringing in a couple of Cuban cast-offs and an inconsistent Freddy Garcia does not give me hope.

Sorry. I just don't share your love of all things Kenny. You're setting yourself up for disappointment again.

ALERT! ALERT! :dtroll:

Sad
02-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Fargweahoids-
Welcome Back!
:redneck

rdivaldi
02-02-2005, 12:58 PM

"let's build a team full of right-handed power hitters!

:?: Kenny inherited that team, perhaps you should divert some of your anger towards Schu.

Does anyone really believe that Sox pitching can compete with the Twins? Bringing in a couple of Cuban cast-offs and an inconsistent Freddy Garcia does not give me hope.

Again :?: . I never realized that Contreras and El Duque were "cast offs"? Where is this strange comment about Freddy Garcia being "inconsistent" coming from. He was pretty solid for us last year.

mweflen
02-02-2005, 01:08 PM
ALERT! ALERT! :dtroll:

Just because "JungleJimRivera" disagrees with the general opinion on the site doesn't make him a :dtroll:.

It simply makes him wrong :D:

People ought to be free to express their opinions. I for one was censored by certain mods because of my opinion about certain new features of the park of a certain color. It wasn't fair then, and it shouldn't be fair now.

Rocky Soprano
02-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Just because "JungleJimRivera" disagrees with the general opinion on the site doesn't make him a :dtroll:.

It simply makes him wrong :D:

People ought to be free to express their opinions. I for one was censored by certain mods because of my opinion about certain new features of the park of a certain color. It wasn't fair then, and it shouldn't be fair now.

Fine so he is a wrong :dtroll:

:redneck

mweflen
02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
I do love that little animation, I must say. :dtroll::yup:

batmanZoSo
02-02-2005, 01:23 PM

I agree. Having Everett will help a lot in interleague, too. He should stay with us the whole year because no one knows how Dye's health is gonna hold up if at all. And who knows whether Rowand or Pods will stay healthy the entire year?

Everett is only worth trading to get a really special starting pitcher and that's not gonna happen because who wants a 33 year old outfielder making millions when their objective is likely to be going young and saving money?

Flight #24
02-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I agree. Having Everett will help a lot in interleague, too. He should stay with us the whole year because no one knows how Dye's health is gonna hold up if at all. And who knows whether Rowand or Pods will stay healthy the entire year?

Everett is only worth trading to get a really special starting pitcher and that's not gonna happen because who wants a 33 year old outfielder making millions when their objective is likely to be going young and saving money?

I can think of a team that desperately needs a good offensive OF and might have some young pitching to spare.......but you don't make that trade until after a couple of June series.:cool:

Baby Fisk
02-02-2005, 01:34 PM

I'm feelin' the love for Crazy Carl and join the choir. He's my pick for surprise player this year.

As for JungleJim's assessment of Fast Freddy Garcia, I enthusiastically disagree.

maurice
02-02-2005, 01:39 PM
what do you see happening with some of these outfielders??????

1B/OF/DHs with MLB experience:
Rowand - starter for years to come
Thomas - re-sign to a 2+ year deal
Konerko - re-sign at significant home-town discount
Podsednik - keep if OBP recovers
Dye - stopgap - keep only if huge year
Everett - stopgap - keep only if huge year
Perez - bench or release
Gload - bench or release
Escobar - bench or release
Borchard - release

Blue Chip Prospects:
Anderson (Sox starter in 2006)
Sweeney (future Sox starter or trade bait)

Other starters in high-minors:
Young
Rogowski
Hinton
Spidale
Bikowski
Nanita
Brice
King (?)

kwkonsl
02-03-2005, 08:34 AM

The Yankees had Ruben Sierra last year. This year he could start as there DH if Giambi is a flot. But for the last couple of years he has been a great clutch, switch hitting veteran off the bench. Tino Martinez should start at first for them.

CarlosMay'sThumb
02-03-2005, 09:36 AM

"let's build a team full of right-handed power hitters! No wait, that didn't work. Let's build one with pitching and speed, yeah, that's it!" :?:

Sorry. I just don't share your love of all things Kenny. You're setting yourself up for disappointment again.

I've got to agree. There's an awful lot of black and silver Kool-Aid being drunk around here. I've yet to see a single baseball writer pick the Sox to win the division - and most (including Vegas) are picking them to finish in 3rd behind the Indians.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20050131&content_id=937570&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

The general consensus is that Pods is a one year wonder, the starting rotation is way overrated by Sox and KW fans, Iguchi will take a year to adjust to major league pitching (if ever), Dye will never return to his glory years, Crede is a #8 hitter and likely to stay there and Frank will be out for a large chunk of the year and will play hurt after that.

Sounds like 3rd place.

Tekijawa
02-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I've got to agree. There's an awful lot of black and silver Kool-Aid being drunk around here. I've yet to see a single baseball writer pick the Sox to win the division - and most (including Vegas) are picking them to finish in 3rd behind the Indians.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20050131&content_id=937570&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

The general consensus is that Pods is a one year wonder, the starting rotation is way overrated by Sox and KW fans, Iguchi will take a year to adjust to major league pitching (if ever), Dye will never return to his glory years, Crede is a #8 hitter and likely to stay there and Frank will be out for a large chunk of the year and will play hurt after that.

Sounds like 3rd place.

Last I checked all those places you have mentioned have had us finishing first the past three years... A lot picked the Royals to win last year... I guess that they are always right though!

DaleJRFan
02-03-2005, 12:41 PM
:?: Kenny inherited that team, perhaps you should divert some of your anger towards Schu.

Again :?: . I never realized that Contreras and El Duque were "cast offs"? Where is this strange comment about Freddy Garcia being "inconsistent" coming from. He was pretty solid for us last year.

Is this solid???

June 30 @ MIN 4ER on 6IP (win in his slugfest debut)
JUL 27 vs MIN 4ER on 7.1IP (loss)
AUG 1 @ DET 4ER on 7.1IP (win in a slugfest)
AUG 17 vs DET 9ER on 4.1IP (loss)
AUG 22 vs BOS 5ER on 7IP (no decision)
SEP 14 @ MIN 6ER on 5.1 IP (loss)

Garcia's stats with Sox in '05:
9-4 4.46ERA in 16 starts
NO complete games, NO shutouts
But, had 132Ks on 32BBs.

more here in a linkie... (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?playerID=1 50119&statType=2)

He sucked in division games at the end of the year, when it mattered. He WAS inconsistent. Maybe he was hurt, maybe he wasn't. A team that hits 824 homeruns should be able to provide runs for their starting pitching. An 8million a year starting pitcher aquired in a trade for the team's #1 prospect, to be the ace of the staff should also be able to pitch well and shut down the opposing offense. He should be able to do this when the money is on the line, at the end of the season when the team is trying to win the division. Let's be reasonable with Freddy, he was inconsistent, so let's hope for better in 05. I like him a lot, I liked the trade. I expect (and hope for as one of his fans) that he will win 16-18 games with a 3.30-3.70 ERA and have 185+ IP. But he WAS inconsistent last season.

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Is this solid???

June 30 @ MIN 4ER on 6IP (win in his slugfest debut)
JUL 27 vs MIN 4ER on 7.1IP (loss)
AUG 1 @ DET 4ER on 7.1IP (win in a slugfest)
AUG 17 vs DET 9ER on 4.1IP (loss)
AUG 22 vs BOS 5ER on 7IP (no decision)
SEP 14 @ MIN 6ER on 5.1 IP (loss)

Garcia's stats with Sox in '05:
9-4 4.46ERA in 16 starts
NO complete games, NO shutouts
But, had 132Ks on 32BBs.

more here in a linkie... (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?playerID=1 50119&statType=2)

He sucked in division games at the end of the year, when it mattered. He WAS inconsistent. Maybe he was hurt, maybe he wasn't. A team that hits 824 homeruns should be able to provide runs for their starting pitching. An 8million a year starting pitcher aquired in a trade for the team's #1 prospect, to be the ace of the staff should also be able to pitch well and shut down the opposing offense. He should be able to do this when the money is on the line, at the end of the season when the team is trying to win the division. Let's be reasonable with Freddy, he was inconsistent, so let's hope for better in 05. I like him a lot, I liked the trade. I expect (and hope for as one of his fans) that he will win 16-18 games with a 3.30-3.70 ERA and have 185+ IP. But he WAS inconsistent last season.I don't give a rat's ass about how many complete games and shutouts he had. He was 9-4 in 16 starts. Doubling those numbers to 32 starts makes him 18-8. I think I'll take that.:cool:

DaleJRFan
02-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about how many complete games and shutouts he had. He was 9-4 in 16 starts. Doubling those numbers to 32 starts makes him 18-8. I think I'll take that.:cool:

I would agree with you in theory. But Doood.. look at his game by game log. At the end of the season, he tanked in division play.

DaleJRFan
02-03-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about how many complete games and shutouts he had. He was 9-4 in 16 starts. Doubling those numbers to 32 starts makes him 18-8. I think I'll take that.:cool:

I just realized I have absolutely nothing nice to say about anything today, so I am going to make everyone happy and just shut up! :cool:

batmanZoSo
02-03-2005, 12:55 PM

Sounds like 3rd place.

How is it third place? What have the Indians done to get better? What have the Tigers done to get better? Not nearly as much as us--who were a lot better last year to begin with.

For that matter, what have the Twins done to improve? They have Radke and Santana, then a bunch of Lohses and Greisingers. We have the best rotation 1-5 in the division. And still a superior lineup.

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I would agree with you in theory. But Doood.. look at his game by game log. At the end of the season, he tanked in division play.You win some and you lose some. When you're looking at a small sample size, there's no indication it's anything more than just chance that he happened to have a bad game in division games. Freddy Garcia is one of the guys I'm LEAST concerned about.

MisterB
02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I would agree with you in theory. But Doood.. look at his game by game log. At the end of the season, he tanked in division play.

I'm still amazed by the lengths Sox fans will go to prove that the team they (purportedly) root for sucks.

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm still amazed by the lengths Sox fans will go to prove that the team they (purportedly) root for sucks.Nobody is better at finding the cloud around the silver lining than Sox fans.:wink:

rdivaldi
02-03-2005, 01:04 PM

Sounds like 3rd place.

Pfft. These "experts" just grab on to the hot trend and then mimic it. The Tribe is going nowhere this year, it's just us and the Twins. Hell, I bet the Tigers beat out the overrated Tribe if they get a somewhat healthy Maggs.

Under the radar, that's just fine by me. Let 'em predict us coming in last for all I care.

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Pfft. These "experts" just grab on to the hot trend and then mimic it. The Tribe is going nowhere this year, it's just us and the Twins. Hell, I bet the Tigers beat out the overrated Tribe if they get a somewhat healthy Maggs.

Under the radar, that's just fine by me. Let 'em predict us coming in last for all I care.Really??? They all seemed like such objective, exhaustively researched projections to me.:rolleyes:

DaleJRFan
02-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm still amazed by the lengths Sox fans will go to prove that the team they (purportedly) root for sucks.

...and I am usually a naive Sox cheerleader. I get beat up seemingly daily by my pessimistic, Bridgeport born-and-raised, die-hard Sox fan father about exactly why I would cheer for this team.

And I didn't say the Sox suck. I simply stated that Freddy was inconsistent towards the end of the year. Maybe it was his "forearm" injury. Trust me man, I want Freddy to rokzor on the mound as much as anyone does.

DaleJRFan
02-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Really??? They all seemed like such objective, exhaustively researched projections to me.:rolleyes:

Didn't someone project Aaron Boone to win "Comeback Player of the Year"???

Ol' No. 2
02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Didn't someone project Aaron Boone to win "Comeback Player of the Year"???He wasn't?? Now the next thing you're going to tell me is that the Cubs didn't win the WS last year.

MIgrenade
02-03-2005, 02:20 PM
These "experts" are the same people predicting the Cubs to win the national league despite only 2 good starters, no bullpen, no closer, and no real offense - certainly not one that's any better than the White Sox. So if all anyone cares about are these opinions then we are all in for a horrible season.

soxrme
02-03-2005, 02:38 PM

.305 for .244 does not make sense and we still could have got the other players for less than Maggs.

rdivaldi
02-03-2005, 03:19 PM
.305 for .244 does not make sense and we still could have got the other players for less than Maggs.

It does when you consider what we got besides Pods and the raises that Rowand and Uribe got.

Add to the mix Vizcaino, Iguchi, El Duque, and Pierzynski.

Pretty simple to see that the Lee trade made us a better team.

maurice
02-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Come on, quick, someone lay the troll on me!
:dtroll:

"Ask and you shall receive." :cool:

I like Lee very much, but I can't see how subtracting him and giving his money to seven other productive players is a bad thing.

mjharrison72
02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
:dtroll:

"Ask and you shall receive." :cool:

I like Lee very much, but I can't see how subtracting him and giving his money to seven other productive players is a bad thing.
The key was filling holes. And last year's team lived and died by the home run ball. I don't see that happening this year... I think run production will be more consistent. And we filled a giant hole in the fifth starter position by bringing in, yes, a Yankee castoff. Let them cast El Duque off... when he's on, he's nasty, and I, for one, am glad to have him in a Sox uni.