PDA

View Full Version : Player intro changes?

lths06
02-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Does anybody know if the Sox will continue their (seemingly) ten minute long player intros next year (you know, the whole Thunder Struck deal)?

SomebodyToldMe
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
In order to follow their (the team's) new makeup, they should play the theme from "Speed".

BridgePortNative
02-01-2005, 10:47 PM
you mean the one showing all the famous Sox players through the years?They played that awesome opera song "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana"

FARMEO
02-01-2005, 10:48 PM
I think the introductions lasted more like 20 minutes last year. I remember reading on the MLB Sox site that Brooks believed the fan response to the NBA style introduction was positive.

NSSoxFan
02-01-2005, 10:53 PM
I should really e-mail Brooks about this one.

Brian26
02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
I hope they continue with it. I liked it.

oeo
02-01-2005, 11:02 PM
I hope they continue with it. I liked it.

Same here...it really pumps up the crowd, especially Thunderstruck.

FARMEO
02-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Thunderstruck has been part of the introductions for a few years. However, the music after the "Home Run of the Century" video changed from game to game so, Thunderstruck was not all was played.

chisoxmike
02-01-2005, 11:07 PM
I like the thunderstruck intro, but the 3 that are before it need to go.

Gosox1917
02-01-2005, 11:40 PM
I like the thunderstruck intro, but the 3 that are before it need to go.

I agree. The thunderstruck was really sweet and got the crowd going. The fireworks before the game are great too. As far as the other intros, at least limit it to one. The one they had during the 2000 season is one of my favorites, which I believe they still played last year before the thunderstruck intro. Leave it at those two and I think it's perfect.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Definitely keep the thunderstruck intro. It's awesome when the song says "YOU'VE BEEN....THUNDERSTRUCK!" when Thomas is introduced! :bandance:

HomeFish
02-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I know the purists hate it, but I absolutely love it. It really does work up the crowd, and I've found that it truly impresses newcomers as well. Brooks is keen on that.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-02-2005, 01:11 PM
I think the fan response at the games is better...before it was the organ playing as the lineups were ead, then they took the field. Thundersturck playing, them taking the field and the fireworks is "Bullish", but adding a few of the explosive bombs during it is COOL. Levae it the way it is - play the Sox history video, cue up Thunderstuck...and let it fly.

jackbrohamer
02-02-2005, 02:33 PM
I know the purists hate it, but I absolutely love it. It really does work up the crowd, and I've found that it truly impresses newcomers as well. Brooks is keen on that.

I like it too. But the players don't seem to even try to go out to their positions at the same time they are introduced.

mweflen
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Actually, (please withhold flames and teal) I did email Brooks about this. I mentioned that I disliked announcing players individually, and that the intro videos dragged on for way too long.

He said that he agreed that the intros were long and that they will be a bit shorter this season He disagreed on the individual intros, he said that fan feedback has been positive for the most part, so they will stay.