PDA

View Full Version : New renovation pics up

lths06
02-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Here you go

javascript:void(window.open('/cws/photogallery/pr/year_2005/month_02/day_01/cf938071.html','','width=700,height=634,location=n o,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolbar=no,re sizable=no'));

MUsoxfan
02-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Thank God I'm so good at reading code, because I would never know how great that place looks! :D:

lths06
02-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Ugh, I dont know why the link doesn't work, but its on the offical site.

batmanZoSo
02-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Wow all the club levels are out. It'll look weird with a green stripe in the middle until they replace all of them. I'm not going until they're all green.

chisoxmike
02-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I didn't know snow was apart of the renovation plans!

NSSoxFan
02-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Am I the only one the pics on whitesox.com aren't showing up for??

A.T. Money
02-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Am I the only one the pics on whitesox.com aren't showing up for??

Go to the Southpaw gallery first, then go to other galleries and choose the Jan 29 gallery and it should show up.

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
02-01-2005, 10:49 PM
are the scout seats gonna start where that orange fence is in the last pic? that's much closer to the field. I LIKE IT

NSSoxFan
02-01-2005, 10:52 PM
are the scout seats gonna start where that orange fence is in the last pic? that's much closer to the field. I LIKE IT

Yes, I believe they will. The Scout seats are one of the additions to the park that will make it look a lot better on television, IMO.

ericiii
02-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Here is the link:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photogallery/pr/year_2005/month_02/day_01/cf938071.html

FightingBillini
02-01-2005, 11:11 PM

No, the backstop will be in the same place as last year. Look at this picture:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ticketing/y2005/scouts_seats/scout_seats-a_494x332.gif

Unless they are adding row in the front on the sides (outside of the scout seat section) it doesn't look like they are extending it outwards. I dont think they could anyway. The wall behind home is pretty short as it is, only 3 feet tall. If they built outwards, the wall would have to be shorter. The wall used to be around 3 or 4 feet down foul territory. Now that they added more seats, the wall is like 1 foot with a metal railing above it. I think it would look pretty bad if the backstop was only 1 foot tall.

The Cubs added new seats behind home, but their wall was taller than ours. By the few games I saw on TV from the Urinal this year, it was easy to tell the wall is significantly shorter.

FARMEO
02-01-2005, 11:19 PM
The orange fence is the end of the warning track, it is in place to protect the grass behind home plate. The scouts seats will replace exisiting seats. I also think that the view on TV will be improved. My only concern is that the new seats will not sell out, which will not look good.

Jerome
02-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Damn I would love to sit in those scout seats.

chisox2005
02-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't really care for the little whiffle ball field they are putting in the left outfield. I like how wide open the concorse is out there and now its gonna be covered by the fundamentals field. When I was out at the Giants park they had the same thing in the outfield and it really seemed kind of useless. Does this mean that the fundamentals on the outside of the ballpark is closing up?

Gosox1917
02-01-2005, 11:54 PM

Who wouldn't? Unfortunately, the price thing is a bit of an issue. They should have a contest of some sort like once a month and let someone win scout seats as the prize. Just a thought that popped up, I don't what kind of contest but it's something for Brooks to consider. Just a thought.

chisox2005
02-02-2005, 12:02 AM

I just hope that all these seats aren't bought out by big corporations and then have 1/2 of them filled at the games.

GiveMeSox
02-02-2005, 12:08 AM
I don't really care for the little whiffle ball field they are putting in the left outfield. I like how wide open the concorse is out there and now its gonna be covered by the fundamentals field. When I was out at the Giants park they had the same thing in the outfield and it really seemed kind of useless. Does this mean that the fundamentals on the outside of the ballpark is closing up?

Yes it does. There have been discussions on the past on what to do with the space they have now from the Old fundamentals section on the outside. I wonder what they wull do with that. Seems kinda a waste if they do nothing with the space. They should put in something cool, a tiered mini pub or cafe, a sox museum, anything.

chisox2005
02-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Yes it does. There have been discussions on the past on what to do with the space they have now from the Old fundamentals section on the outside. I wonder what they wull do with that. Seems kinda a waste if they do nothing with the space. They should put in something cool, a tiered mini pub or cafe, a sox museum, anything.

I love the pub idea, when I went to Cleveland for a Steelers vs. Browns football game, the stadium had a really cool indoor/outdoor bar area that was open before and after the games and it really got the fans pumped for the game as well as everyone getting to meet each other and hang out. I know we have the bullpen bar but I think a big open area like the fundamentals spot would be fantastic. :gulp:

FightingBillini
02-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I love the pub idea, when I went to Cleveland for a Steelers vs. Browns football game, the stadium had a really cool indoor/outdoor bar area that was open before and after the games and it really got the fans pumped for the game as well as everyone getting to meet each other and hang out. I know we have the bullpen bar but I think a big open area like the fundamentals spot would be fantastic. :gulp:

Its not a big open area. It is small and dark, and it is away from everything. They should use that area to move the ramps inside the park and tear down those horrible outdoor ramps.

chisox2005
02-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Its not a big open area. It is small and dark, and it is away from everything. They should use that area to move the ramps inside the park and tear down those horrible outdoor ramps.

I guess I meant open air, but thats an even better idea because those ramps are awful.

ewokpelts
02-02-2005, 01:21 AM
i belive that's the entrance to the scout seats now...
Gene

C-Dawg
02-02-2005, 06:47 AM
I don't really care for the little whiffle ball field they are putting in the left outfield. I like how wide open the concorse is out there and now its gonna be covered by the fundamentals field.

I believe its only going to be as wide as one of the billboards, so that will be, what, only 1/7 or so of the concourse area covered up. It looks like the rest of the concourse will be unchanged.