PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Town Scoreboard at the Cell....

GiveMeSox
02-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed how bad our scoreboard is. I just emailed Brooks about this. Our scoreboard is never up to date with current game information from other games around the league. The information up there is either hours behind or just never updated after the game at hand starts. They will still have 2nd or 3rd innings stats up of the cubs or twins game when its 9 pm. Plus i told brooks we would love to see a new scoreboard like what they did at Jacobs Field for last year. Same thing with they have in Anaheim. Those scoreboards are like looking at MLB gameday. THey have all the revalent information, in color. THey have big LCD screens that scroll games and update every at bat with all the relavant game information. I would love to see something like that at The Cell, ya know with the diamond is displayed of the current game along with the score, outs, pitch count, etc!

Baby Fisk
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Has anyone else noticed how bad our scoreboard is. I just emailed Brooks about this. Our scoreboard is never up to date with current game information from other games around the league. It jsut seems like no one is making sure its ever updated. The information up there is either hours behind or just never updated after the game at hand starts. They will still have 2nd or 3rd innings stats up of the cubs or twins game when its 9 pm. Plus i told brooks we would love to see a new scoreboard like what they did at Jacobs Field for last year. Same thing with they have in Anaheim. Those scoreboards are like looking at MLB gameday. THey have all the revalent information, in color. THey have big LCD screens that scroll games and update every at bat with all the relavant game information. I would love to see something like that at The Cell, ya know with the diamond is displayed of the current game along with the score, outs, pitch count, etc!
I read the second sentence of this post and burst into uncontrollable laughter. We are going to smother this guy to death. :cool:

GiveMeSox
02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I read the second sentence of this post and burst into uncontrollable laughter. We are going to smother this guy to death. :cool:

He is our new best friend.

Mickster
02-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I know I'm getting a Brooks jersey this year!!!

zach074
02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I know I'm getting a Brooks jersey this year!!!

What number would he be? :?:

Baby Fisk
02-01-2005, 04:10 PM
What number would he be? :?:
Hey Willie, take a long walk off a short pier, we've got a new #1.

darklord23
02-01-2005, 04:16 PM
does it matter what the score of other games are to you go to the sox games just to look at other scores

SpammySosa
02-01-2005, 04:19 PM
does it matter what the score of other games are to you go to the sox games just to look at other scores

When it comes to pennant races, it sure as heck does....and to see if the Cubs(hopefully) lost. :D:

NSSoxFan
02-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I have said the same thing about the out of town scoreboard for a few years now. But, I doubt Brooks is in a position to change anything about it, rather pass the info on.

mweflen
02-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I just emailed Brooks about this.

:rolling:

FWIW, I agree. I often find myself wishing it were updated realtime. Maybe I should email Brooks so he can tell the IT guys at Comiskey Park to get cracking...

SaltyPretzel
02-01-2005, 04:41 PM

I can picture him losing it like William Shatner on the Star Trek Convention SNL skit when he tells his fans to move out of their parents' basements and get a life.:smile:

ewokpelts
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I can picture him losing it like William Shatner on the Star Trek Convention SNL skit when he tells his fans to move out of their parents' basements and get a life.:smile:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:bMUo0u_bot8J:www.thyla.com/WetNWild-Kirk.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thyla.com/WetNWild-Kirk.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thyla.com/fan-art.html&h=699&w=480&sz=84&tbnid=bMUo0u_bot8J:&tbnh=136&tbnw=94&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkirk%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8) why...dont...you....get...a life!

Gene

NardiWasHere
02-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey Brooks, one time I was watching the Sox on WGN and there was a rain delay. It inconvenienced me terribly. Maybe next year you could fix those. P.S. What is your favorite color?

batmanZoSo
02-01-2005, 08:25 PM

This girl in my psych class will be sending me good signals one day, but then the next day she'll be all like "don't talk to me, I have a boyfriend." But the thing is I really like her. I emailed Brooks about this. I'll keep you guys updated on what he says.

Parrothead
02-01-2005, 08:53 PM
This girl in my psych class will be sending me good signals one day, but then the next day she'll be all like "don't talk to me, I have a boyfriend." But the thing is I really like her. I emailed Brooks about this. I'll keep you guys updated on what he says.

Let me know what he says. I am having the same problem but with a girl at work.

Rocklive99
02-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I kind of like the old school look it has goin, but it is annoying that it's not that updated. If they want, they can hire me and I can be devoted to keeping everything up to date, I'll email Brooks and run this past him

TornLabrum
02-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I kind of like the old school look it has goin, but it is annoying that it's not that updated. If they want, they can hire me and I can be devoted to keeping everything up to date, I'll email Brooks and run this past him

Someone I know asked someone in the Sox organization about the out of town scoreboard. Whoever it was said that the scores come from Atlanta. I have no reason why Atlanta, but that's what he was told.

John Barrett
02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
I asked that guy Rob Gallas before ( remember him???) he said it was a national feed and sox had nothing to do with it ... might have been a blow off but that is the answer i got

DannyCaterFan
02-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey, "Brooks is a breath of spring air" in an organization that has choked of polluted air for a couple of decades. I know he wants to hear from fans, but lets not inundate him with every little nonsensical request. He can only accomplish so much in one year. Let's give him time, we finally have a friendly ear in the front office.

TornLabrum
02-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey, "Brooks is a breath of spring air" in an organization that has choked of polluted air for a couple of decades. I know he wants to hear from fans, but lets not inundate him with every little nonsensical request. He can only accomplish so much in one year. Let's give him time, we finally have a friendly ear in the front office.

I wrote an email to Brooks asking him if he thought a turtle neck looks good with a henway. I'll let you know what he thinks.

SaltyPretzel
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I wrote an email to Brooks asking him if he thought a turtle neck looks good with a henway. I'll let you know what he thinks.

:tealpolice:

gosox41
02-02-2005, 08:19 AM

I just e-mailed Brooks about this problem in the Middle East. I expect a detailed response on world peace. Of course I'll post it here verbatim.

Bob

BigEdWalsh
02-02-2005, 08:28 AM
I asked that guy Rob Gallas before ( remember him???) he said it was a national feed and sox had nothing to do with it ... might have been a blow off but that is the answer i got

All of that guys answers were "blow offs". Thank goodness he gone!

:worship: Brooks!!

nccwsfan
02-02-2005, 09:28 AM

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

LOL Hilarious! Funniest thing I've read in awhile- that was a great skit back in the day...

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
This has been a great thread. I needed a good laugh.

I do hope Brooks can help us solve the deficit, Middle East, socrebaord, girl problems, and I have this pain in my hip...

mweflen
02-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I do hope Brooks can help us solve the deficit, Middle East, socrebaord, girl problems, and I have this pain in my hip...

Always wanted to do this...
:tealpolice:

DumpJerry
02-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Good news! Brooks emailed me! He gave me our exit strategy for Iraq, some simple cost-free solutions to global warming and Heidi Klum's cell phone number!

Palehose13
02-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Now we all know that Brooks visits here, well at least he used to but now we may have scared him off thinking that we are a bunch of stalkers. So I imagine that when he does (or did) read these threads he had to get a good laugh out of it. Let's see what we have here...a baseball fansite that is stalking the marketing man. My goodness, imagine if an actual player, KW, or JR admitted to reading this site...we are a scary, scary group and we all need to move out of our parent's basement! :D:

BTW...I just e-mailed Brooks and asked him if I should consider moving out of my parent's basement. :wink:

irish rover
02-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I took a season ticket holder tour once and they said the same thing that the sox have no control over it, that it is a national feed

GiveMeSox
02-02-2005, 11:07 PM
I took a season ticket holder tour once and they said the same thing that the sox have no control over it, that it is a national feed

So its a bad national feed, that doesn't give them an excuse to have amessed up board. If its messed up they should do something about it. Switch feeds, hir someone to do it, etc etc.

Parrothead
02-02-2005, 11:17 PM

What's a henway? About 4 or 5 pounds......:kneeslap: :rolling:

I love that one.

SoxxoS
02-03-2005, 12:56 AM
I Just asked Brooks if this was teal.

TornLabrum
02-03-2005, 07:16 PM
What's a henway? About 4 or 5 pounds......:kneeslap: :rolling:

I love that one.

Finally!

Parrothead
02-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Finally!

Somebody had to say it. I appreciate the set up.

Realist
02-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Well, if other teams have out of town scoreboards that look like gameday, they must not be getting their feeds from Atlanta. I'm sure that can be changed.

delben91
02-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I just emailed Brooks about this.

Please...make it all stop!!! :o:

Hitmen77
02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
For all you Simpsons fans, it's looking like Brooks is Rev. Lovejoy and we are Ned Flanders.

Fredsox
02-04-2005, 05:34 AM
I cannot imagine that a Cub board would have a thread like this. They would not get it. Anyway, as to the point about the board being updated by a "national feed", that probably means some sort of news wire service. Well, technology has really changed in the past few years (computers and that whole Internet thing) and if ESPN can report scores within seconds I see no reason their "national feed" can't be a little closer to real time. The information is available, its just a question of how they retrieve it.

Cubbiesuck13
02-04-2005, 06:04 AM
maybe instead of complaining about the color of the seats we should have been complaining about the scoreboard. There is nothing worse than sitting in a park and seeing the same out of town board inning in and inning out. I have to go to minor league games (it is a blast, in fact) but the bad part about it is the out of town scoreboard. When it comes to a top notch game day experience, the out of town scoreboard is clearly the cherry on top. I'm not going to e-mail Brooks about this. I found his home number so I'll be calling him from now on.