PDA

View Full Version : Quit Emailing Brooks!!!

Tekijawa
02-01-2005, 03:41 PM
I've seen about a million posts about emailing Brooks... If my season ticket prices go up because they have to hire 10 extra people to read emails from people who think that the pinstripes need to be farther apart on the Jerseys or Celebrating Star Wars anniversary on May 25th... or they should sell Nachos outside the park in the off season, I'm going to puke... There are a bunch of good ideas but I don't need to hear about every email you send to the guy!!! If I'm annoyed I can't imagine what poor brooks feels like?!?!?!?

DaveIsHere
02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
yeah give Brooks some time to get some work done:smile:

Rocky Soprano
02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
:threadblows:

I guess now I can't tell you what I e-mail him about! :D:

kittle42
02-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Maybe the next area of the site will be an all-Brooks e-mail board.

longshot7
02-01-2005, 03:45 PM
He should have his own forum - and he can read everyone's suggestions if he wants to.

HebrewHammer
02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
I've seen about a million posts about emailing Brooks... If my season ticket prices go up because they have to hire 10 extra people to read emails from people who think that the pinstripes need to be farther apart on the Jerseys or Celebrating Star Wars anniversary on May 25th... or they should sell Nachos outside the park in the off season, I'm going to puke... There are a bunch of good ideas but I don't need to hear about every email you send to the guy!!! If I'm annoyed I can't imagine what poor brooks feels like?!?!?!?

He probably appreciates the feedback. I don't see what the problem is in making the product better and who better to tell him how to market it than those buying it?

:whiner: :dtroll: :whiner:

Jerko
02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
I emailed Brooks about painting the old blue seats green before selling them to the public. I mean, what would ANYONE want with those ugly-ass blue seats?

Baby Fisk
02-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Dammit, Jawa. Can't you tell how LOVE STARVED WE ARE? First, we try to suck up to Big Jerry for years trying to earn his love and affection, all for naught. Then that ho bag Magglio plays us for fools and dumps our asses in front of the whole school. Now we finally found someone who LISTENS TO US and UNDERSTANDS WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM and... and... IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE LOVED! :whiner:

Irishsox1
02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree with the idea of NOT e-mailing Brooks. Let the guy do his job. Just because you think you have a great marketing idea, doesn't mean that it is or that he will use it. The White Sox have people, who majored in marketing in college, working on marketing the Sox and getting paid well to do it. Yes, its only an e-mail with an idea, but post the idea on this website.

mweflen
02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Hmm. I emailed Brooks, but didn't tell anyone about it. So Tekijawa, the problem is even bigger than you realize!!!:o:

GiveMeSox
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM

If i was Brooks I would be happy with all the emails. It proves to himself and the sox that he is doing a good job. Noboday gave a rats ass about our last Marketing guy, forgot his name at the moment. If I was brooks I would be thirlled to find out how many people care about the sox and our community.

Rocky Soprano
02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Hmm. I emailed Brooks, but didn't tell anyone about it. So Tekijawa, the problem is even bigger than you realize!!!:o:

hehehe, you just told us. :bandance:

mweflen
I agree with the idea of NOT e-mailing Brooks. Let the guy do his job. Just because you think you have a great marketing idea, doesn't mean that it is or that he will use it. The White Sox have people, who majored in marketing in college, working on marketing the Sox and getting paid well to do it. Yes, its only an e-mail with an idea, but post the idea on this website.

I disagree. These folks are in public relations. Seems to me the key elements of public relations are "relating" with the "public."

Here is a pretty good indication of Brooks' attitude towards receiving emails.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050124&content_id=933966&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

So email away, but do it tastefully and within reason.

Here is how he closed his email response to me:

Again, thanks for the note and for taking the time to shoot me an e-mail with your thoughts. My best to the WSI crew.

Sounds to me like he's okay getting a little fan feedback. Maybe the threads could be consolidated, though.

Nellie_Fox
I just emailed Brooks to ask him if he's getting too many emails.

mweflen
02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
hehehe, you just told us. :bandance:

Aha... but I didn't tell you what the email was about! So maybe there's some BIG CHANGE coming that's SUPER SECRET!

Actually, I just emailed asking for two things: No more shouting of "On Your Feet!", and a digital clock which isn't blocked by the fan deck.

Irishsox1
02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I just e-mailed Brooks and asked him if he could get the real Beatles for Beatles night...or at least Ringo.

No response yet.

Church Turtle
02-01-2005, 03:55 PM

Yes, I have a feeling if it's a good idea the rest of the people posting here will let you know and it won't be long before Brooks or someone working for him finds out about that swell idea - whatever it is. (And my run-on sentence is longer than anyone else's.
Na na na na na na:bandance: )

Rocky Soprano
I just e-mailed Brooks and asked him if he could get the real Beatles for Beatles night...or at least Ringo.

No response yet.

My eyes!

:tealpolice:

eriqjaffe
The White Sox have people, who majored in marketing in college, working on marketing the Sox and getting paid well to do it.And look at how well the Sox have been marketed up to this point.

I think it's fine to email Brooks. Heck, he may well have assistant(s) who screen his emails and forward the good ones on, anyway. I'd be surprised if anybody in his position doesn't have people to do things like that for him.

Maybe all the threads about Brooks responding could be merged, though. There are an awful lot of them lately...

Nellie_Fox

No response yet.:tealpolice:

HebrewHammer

No response yet.

EDIT: Nellie beat me, one day, one day.

Tekijawa
02-01-2005, 03:56 PM
If i was Brooks I would be happy with all the emails. It proves to himself and the sox that he is doing a good job. Noboday gave a rats ass about our last Marketing guy, forgot his name at the moment. If I was brooks I would be thirlled to find out how many people care about the sox and our community.

I'm sure he appreciates the email's and Idea's... I guess what I'm trying to get at is the fact that there are at least 756 threads today about the ideas... and his responses... I emailed Bill Gates the other day and got an out of office reply, I didn't post anything about it hope you guys don't mind that I held back on that little bit of information... do we honestly need to start a thread for each one, I know it's a slow time of the season now, but...

Iwritecode
02-01-2005, 03:57 PM
I emailed him about the false advertising that was done on the website for Soxfest.

Not one time did I read anywhere that the advertised price for the two-night package was based on two people staying in the room.

He never did reply to me. Maybe I should send him another one asking if he got it?

Cellview22
I think we should all email him and apologize for bombarding him. The more apologies the better!

Palehose13
I'm sure he appreciates the email's and Idea's... I guess what I'm trying to get at is the fact that there are at least 756 threads today about the ideas... and his responses... I emailed Bill Gates the other day and got an out of office reply, I didn't post anything about it hope you guys don't mind that I held back on that little bit of information... do we honestly need to start a thread for each one, I know it's a slow time of the season now, but...

Teki- Stop hiding. We all know that you're Brooks! :wink:

HebrewHammer

Didn't know you were forced to read EVERY thread. I apologize.

MushMouth
02-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Email:

Hey Brooksie, hope all is well. My wife has okayed my decision to pan sear then roast some veal chops tonight. I'm gonna go simple with seasonings and make a nice pan-sauce afterwards. What do you think?
oh yeah, GO SOX!

Mickster
02-01-2005, 03:59 PM

No response yet.

I just e-mailed Brooks and asked if your post was supposed to be in TEAL? :redneck

chaz171
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
This is getting a bit bizzare....I can imagine some people stalking outside of Brooks' office waiting to get a glimpse or shout out an Idea.... (has anyone tried faxing or regular mail?)

It reminds me quite well of the SNL episode with the "Guy who plays mr belvedere fan club." Where they gave him the name "Brocktune" so they could talk about him in public without people riduculing them.........

I see this getting that far with Brooks......

Word of Advice to Brooks.....Conceal your identity! strange people are afoot!

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2005, 04:01 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2005/01/23/f2pnmVNr.jpgWhaddya mean, my email box is full again? (sigh) How much longer till opening day?

Tekijawa
02-01-2005, 04:02 PM
It reminds me quite well of the SNL episode with the "Guy who plays mr belvedere fan club." Where they gave him the name "Brocktune" so they could talk about him in public without people riduculing them

Brooks-tune? they'll never know!

The Big Squirt
02-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok this is getting rediculous. Yes I am impressed with Brooks and his responses and response time is amazing. BUT, this is turning into the Kiss Brooks Butt Board. Can we make a new forum-like what's the score. How bout the I love Brooks and he hearts me forum? Do we need a new thread every time he sends out an email?

Iwritecode
02-01-2005, 04:05 PM

So you start another thread complaining about how many threads there are about emailing Brooks... :?:

This almost reminds me of a cartoon strip that shows a tech support guy with his head on his desk.

"What's wrong"
"I just got an email from someone and I'm not sure how to reply"
"What's it say?"
"I don't know how to send email. Please help."

:D:

Sounds like we have an ID-10-T error on our hands here... :wink:

NSSoxFan
02-01-2005, 04:06 PM
It's just because the date is Feb. 1st, and everyone is going crazy in anticipation of the season to start.

Mickster
02-01-2005, 04:07 PM
It's just because the date is Feb. 1st, and everyone is going crazy in anticipation of the season to start.

Is this the reason why WSI posters are flooding his e-mail with spam?

mweflen
02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Hmmmm.... "What's the score?" here we come... I wonder if it will already be there by the time I press "Submit Reply"?

Jjav829
02-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Email:

Hey Brooksie, hope all is well. My wife has okayed my decision to pan sear then roast some veal chops tonight. I'm gonna go simple with seasonings and make a nice pan-sauce afterwards. What do you think?
oh yeah, GO SOX!

Now THAT is funny.....

...assuming you didn't actually email him with that. :o:

Jerko
02-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I've dealt with Boyer a few times in the past and yes, he was very helpful, but just go to the Sox Clubhouse right about now and then you may agree with the first post in this thread. He's getting email about patches for heaven's sake. We do need a "boyer-only" forum.

The Big Squirt
02-01-2005, 04:25 PM
So you start another thread complaining about how many threads there are about emailing Brooks... :?:

This almost reminds me of a cartoon strip that shows a tech support guy with his head on his desk.

"What's wrong"
"I just got an email from someone and I'm not sure how to reply"
"What's it say?"
"I don't know how to send email. Please help."

:D:

Sounds like we have an ID-10-T error on our hands here... :wink:

All part of the plan...I think I might start a don't email Brooks thread for every guy that posts "hey I emailed brooks about ______ and he emailed me back and said "that idea about _____ is awesome! I'll talk to someone and see what we can do!" Which is quickly followed by- wow this Brooks guy is great lets all bow down wipe his feet with our hair because finally someone in the organization is doing their job!

Mods all I ask is Merge the Brookssssssss threadsssssssssss

OurBitchinMinny
02-01-2005, 04:26 PM

Did someone really suggest celebrating the star wars anniversary? Come on nerds cant be sox fans

Iwritecode
02-01-2005, 04:27 PM
I've dealt with Boyer a few times in the past and yes, he was very helpful, but just go to the Sox Clubhouse right about now and then you may agree with the first post in this thread. He's getting email about patches for heaven's sake. We do need a "boyer-only" forum.

A complete forum is going a little over-board IMO. We could merge all the thread into one or two and be just fine...

mweflen
02-01-2005, 04:29 PM
How about a "Suggestions for Brooks" sticky thread? That way, he can come and read, respond if he likes, and not have us rabid WSI'ers clogging his inbox.

Tekijawa
02-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Did someone really suggest celebrating the star wars anniversary? Come on nerds cant be sox fans

No, but I'm going to email him about it! Actually I do think that one might be fun...

The Big Squirt
02-01-2005, 04:30 PM
A complete forum is going a little over-board IMO. We could merge all the thread into one or two and be just fine...

Haven't you noticed? The clubhouse is the Boyer forum.

7 threads on the first page including the first 5 a second ago

Baby Fisk
02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
As one of the thread instigators, I think (read: hope) this momentary phenomenon of BOYERMANIA will eventually die down and everyone can go back to being bitter about something.

Ol' No. 2
02-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Have you ever wondered how they get those patterns in the grass? I'm going to have to e-mail Brooks about this.:cool:

NSSoxFan
02-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Someone should start a fan club for Brooks and call it: Boyermaniacs.

mweflen
02-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Maybe a bunch of us ought to go to games, stand in the fan deck with our shirts off, and wave a banner that says "Brooks' Brothers"

The Big Squirt
02-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Maybe a bunch of us ought to go to games, stand in the fan deck with our shirts off, and wave a banner that says "Brooks' Brothers"

That would be a gem.

ewokpelts
02-01-2005, 04:57 PM
No, but I'm going to email him about it! Actually I do think that one might be fun...
the sw anniversary was in 2002...25 years... ALTHOUGH we can do an empire day..that's at 25 years...but a general star wars night before the movie opens is a good idea...can you imagine darth vader with a sox logo on his helmet?
Gene

p.s. we play the rangers the day before the movie opens.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Darn! I was just going to send him one of my favorite SEND THIS ON TO TEN FRIENDS email and IF SOMEONE SENDS IT BACK then you know you are loved messages.

I was hoping he would send one back to me. :whiner:

JoseCanseco6969
02-01-2005, 08:07 PM

I sorta agree that there might be TOO many emails to brooks, but he does need feedback from us somehow. But people should stop and think about what it is they are emailing before they just sent him some obvious garbage on ticket prices, ticket tiers, etc. I love that he is so fan friendly and responsive, but we need to try to stay away from mass emails to him about the same things. I also have no problem with people posting on here emails they sent for ideas to Brooks to prevent duplicate emails. I almost sent him one about Granton, but read that Gene already received word from him.

Maybe the mods can make a new forum for ideas to improve the sox/marketing ideas, etc. for him to read as well. Just a thought.

ewokpelts
02-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I sorta agree that there might be TOO many emails to brooks, but he does need feedback from us somehow. But people should stop and think about what it is they are emailing before they just sent him some obvious garbage on ticket prices, ticket tiers, etc. I love that he is so fan friendly and responsive, but we need to try to stay away from mass emails to him about the same things. I also have no problem with people posting on here emails they sent for ideas to Brooks to prevent duplicate emails. I almost sent him one about Granton, but read that Gene already received word from him.

Maybe the mods can make a new forum for ideas to improve the sox/marketing ideas, etc. for him to read as well. Just a thought.
Nothing's wrong with posting his responses. i assume he knows that his words will travel fast through soxdom...
Gene