PDA

View Full Version : A lot a work left to do

Chisox_cali
10-22-2001, 09:43 PM
http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/projects/comiskey1.htm

Looking at the HKSinc portfolio besides the homerun porch in right feild, assuming they even build that, it looks like the majority of work left after this off-season(batters eyes, closing in club level etc.) is exterior work. Mainly the Left Feild Entrace/Restaurant. But to me that seems like a lot of work to do in one offseason.

If anyone can get that 2nd to last pic please post it to this thread because I still get that damn square with the X in it.

WinningUgly!
10-22-2001, 10:09 PM
I'm getting the X as well.

Daver
10-22-2001, 10:10 PM
That could easily be done in 4 months.

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2001, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
If anyone can get that 2nd to last pic please post it to this thread because I still get that damn square with the X in it.

I've posted this many times and I will do it again.
The problem is this, the url says:
http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/images/COMISKEY3.jpg
the url should be:
http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/images/comiskey3.jpg

Here is the pic:
http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/images/comiskey3.jpg

dougs78
10-22-2001, 11:02 PM
This is pretty sweet. I had not seen this website before. Anyone know which of these features are certain and which are just in theory? Also, the entrance with the large steps in the second picture, is that supposed to be the entrace behind home plate that i beleive is now the "stadium club" or executive entrance? If it is, that would look remarkably better. I am still eagerly awaiting them redecorating the concourse and getting rid of all the plain cement on the pillars. I think that will make a huge difference in the feel.

nut_stock
10-25-2001, 11:08 PM
What are those red squares on top of the new Left-Field ramp visible from the field view picture????

ihatethecubs
10-26-2001, 12:45 AM
i'll believe it when i see it. that would be sweet if they did that stuff like in the drawings but i dont think all of it will happen. and i really dont care what they do as long as the sox play there, but i dont mind the changes at all.

dougs78
10-26-2001, 10:18 PM
What are those red squares on top of the new Left-Field ramp visible from the field view picture????

Coca-Cola Signs of course...you gotta pay for the changes somehow....weren't they toying with the idea of Com-(ED)iskey park ;)

mrwag
10-26-2001, 11:33 PM
By golly, those outfield walls are green in that picture! could it be? could it really be???

oldcomiskey
10-27-2001, 02:41 PM
this may sound like a stupid question here--but why build a short porch in right when most of our power is on the RIGHT side

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
this may sound like a stupid question here--but why build a short porch in right when most of our power is on the RIGHT side

To set the stage for the return of Harold of course.

:)

Well Borchard is a switch hitter, so we can look forward to that. I don't see Mark Johnson hitting many homers. There is also Liefer but I don't see him starting to many games.

LongDistanceFan
10-27-2001, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

To set the stage for the return of Harold of course.

:)

Well Borchard is a switch hitter, so we can look forward to that. I don't see Mark Johnson hitting many homers. There is also Liefer but I don't see him starting to many games. pictures look great, but when is this suppose to begin and when is it supposed to end?

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2001, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
pictures look great, but when is this suppose to begin and when is it supposed to end?

Well what you see in the pictures is just a proposed plan. But if that is what they intend to do to the park then the changes would have to be in place for the start of the 2003 season. As well all know the 2003 All-Star game will be at Comiskey.

LongDistanceFan
10-27-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well what you see in the pictures is just a proposed plan. But if that is what they intend to do to the park then the changes would have to be in place for the start of the 2003 season. As well all know the 2003 All-Star game will be at Comiskey. it has to happen sooner than that, b/c of murphy law of the unexpected.

nut_stock
10-29-2001, 10:54 AM
I can't see them planting those trees on the outfield concourse. Heaven-forbid it might block someone's view of the giant bill-boards.