PDA

View Full Version : Another "I Love Brooks" Thread: commemorating 1906

Baby Fisk
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I sent Brooks Boyer an e-mail of my own today, asking about commemorating the 1906 White Sox world championship in 2006:

Hey Brooks,

Greetings from the small but fanatical Sox fan club of Toronto. I was just wondering if the Sox had anything planned to commemorate the centennial of the Sox first world championship next year. An added bonus to the anniversary is that the Sox beat the supposedly unbeatable Cubs in that series. I hang out at WhiteSoxInteractive.com and polled the members for their ideas last summer. The link takes you to the results. Obviously there's nothing scientific to them, but something may grab your imagination.

link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35125&highlight=commemorating+1906)

If anything, next year presents a great opportunity for a turn-back-the-clock day featuring the 1906 uniforms. Anyway, I was just wondering if any thought had been given to NEXT years promotions.

Thanks for your time,

[Baby Fisk]

Brooks' response:

Fantastic idea. Thanks for sending this to me. I had not thought of it and this is possible the best idea I have received yet. I just talked to one of my guys about the possibility. We have some MLB hurdles to cover over the next few months, but this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Brooks

You know, he could very well turn around and send my e-mail to the trash bin, but at least getting a response like that gives off a warm cuddly feeling. It's a strange sensation. Someone in the Sox organization might actually care about the FANS. :hug: What an outrageous concept!

mweflen
02-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Be prepared for Anti-Brooks-Lovin' backlash, Baby Fisk! But for my part, I agree 100%. :yup:

Baby Fisk
02-01-2005, 05:23 PM
FWIW, we should milk the 1906 championship for all its worth. You know for a fact the northside will go completely gaga when 2007 and 2008 roll around (centennials of the Cubs' 1907 and 1908 championships). We'll have to hear about it for two years running. :mad:

SomebodyToldMe
02-01-2005, 05:31 PM
FWIW, we should milk the 1906 championship for all its worth. You know for a fact the northside will go completely gaga when 2007 and 2008 roll around (centennials of the Cubs' 1907 and 1908 championships). We'll have to hear about it for two years running. :mad:

We'll actually hear about it for three years running.

:giangreco
"A hundred years ago the White Sox won their first World Series, but of course next year will be the 100 year anniversary of the Cubs first Series and the year after that would be the 100 year anniversary of their second. We talked to fans on the street about special occasion for our Cubbies, and here's what they said."

Jjav829
02-01-2005, 05:56 PM

Let's hope that by that time we can respond with something along the lines of, "Wow, 100 years, huh? We're celebrating the one-year anniversary of the last time the White Sox won a World Series." :wink:

Whitesox029
02-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Not if we win it in 05 or 06....or both...
Now that I think about it though 08 will be a prime opportunity to make fun of them, if anything. 100 years? That's just pitiful.

Gosox1917
02-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I feel left out not e-mailing or mentioning how great Brooks is. Well, here I go. He is what this team needs. I love the atmosphere at the ballpark since he has taken over. I love the intros, the promos, and all the other new fun since he's come along. Keep listening to us Brooks! You rock!

chisoxmike
02-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I sent Brooks Boyer an e-mail of my own today, asking about commemorating the 1906 White Sox world championship in 2006:

Brooks' response:

You know, he could very well turn around and send my e-mail to the trash bin, but at least getting a response like that gives off a warm cuddly feeling. It's a strange sensation. Someone in the Sox organization might actually care about the FANS. :hug: What an outrageous concept!

Like most here, that is a great idea Baby Fisk! I didn't even think about that. Thats something to look forward to.