PDA

View Full Version : Idea about Green Seats

Stoky44
02-01-2005, 10:59 AM
I was thinking the other day about how the cell is getting all the seats replaced, and wondered if the Sox were going to sell the old blue seats. Well I came up with an idea that maybe somebody should contact Brooks and tell him about it. What if the White Sox actually took orders from fans to buy the new green seats that will be place in the cell. Maybe order and extra thousand or so, and make proceeds go to Sox charities. I know I would buy some of the new green seats, and I bet a bunch of other Sox fans would too. What do you guys think?

Edit: I posted this back in Feb, I know they are now selling the blue seats, but I still love the idea of buying the green seats and give the proceeds to Sox charities.

SOXFAN82
02-01-2005, 11:09 AM
I think they will be selling the blue seats from what I heard. The green seats should look nice in the cell. I would buy a green seat if they sold some extras.

Brian

bizkorn592
02-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I like the idea. How long will it take them to replace the seats in the lower bowl? It looks like the scout seats are ready to go, but nothing else has been done. I still don't know why they waited so long to get these seats in.

jake27
02-01-2005, 12:00 PM
i donno if this is right, but i heard somewhere that the blue seats aren't actually owned by the white sox. thats what i thought i heard tho... anyone have more info on this?

MIgrenade
02-01-2005, 12:07 PM
The seats could be owned by the Illinois Sports Association or whatever it's called since taxpayers paid for much of the stadium. Chances are they will sell them anyway.

Nellie_Fox
02-01-2005, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't want one of the blue ones. They are just generic, blue plastic seats. My first reaction to the idea of buying one of the new green ones that had never been in the ballpark was "why would I want to do that? There is no historic or sentimental value." Then I remembered how unique they are, with the Sox logo, and realized that I would probably be interested in buying a couple if they made them available.

jake27
02-01-2005, 01:55 PM
The seats could be owned by the Illinois Sports Association or whatever it's called since taxpayers paid for much of the stadium. Chances are they will sell them anyway.

thats what i was looking for:smile:

Hangar18
02-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Yes. Sell the seats as a pair, with the SOX logo on the sides.
$100 a pair, and people would clamor for these things ........

JoseCanseco6969
02-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't want one of the blue ones. They are just generic, blue plastic seats. My first reaction to the idea of buying one of the new green ones that had never been in the ballpark was "why would I want to do that? There is no historic or sentimental value." Then I remembered how unique they are, with the Sox logo, and realized that I would probably be interested in buying a couple if they made them available.

I thought the exact same thing when I read the post! weird. But anyway, I'd love to have both the blue and new green seats to go along with my original old Comiskey park seats and old Soldier Field seats.
damn I wish i had those old comiskey seats!!! Too much $$$.

Oh by the way, 500 posts!!! it only took my 2 & 1/2 years to ditch the WSI Regular status. WSI Personality here I come!:bandance::supernana::bandance:

GiveMeSox
02-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I like the idea. How long will it take them to replace the seats in the lower bowl? It looks like the scout seats are ready to go, but nothing else has been done. I still don't know why they waited so long to get these seats in.

The seats replacement is coinciding with standard inspections of the stadium's structural integrity. We are 15 years into the life of the stadium and it needs to be inspected for general wear and tear to all its structural aspects. The best way to do this is to remove the seats to the concrete and structurual steel, connections, etc can be inspected. The seats have a 15 year lifespan befire they rust and wear down. Hence this year we are seeing the change in seats. They are replacing the seats step by step becuase they are also inspecting the stadium at the same time.

Stoky44
12-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I would love to buy the new green seats, anybody ever talk to Brooks about this? I would love to have a pair of the new seats with the Sox logo on the side, that would be great.

Steelrod
12-16-2005, 12:27 PM
i donno if this is right, but i heard somewhere that the blue seats aren't actually owned by the white sox. thats what i thought i heard tho... anyone have more info on this?
If they don't own the stadium, they don't own the seats. The article says that the Stadium Authority is selling the seats to raise money for upkeep and improvements.

Jenks4Pres
12-16-2005, 12:31 PM
goodbye to the blue seats!!!!!!!! Those were horrible!

love this move