PDA

View Full Version : Anybody now getting tickets for the May 12 game vs. O's?

chisoxmike
01-31-2005, 08:39 PM
I put that game in my 13-game plan becuase you have to choose 2 may games and they won't you choose the Memorial Day afternoon game for some reason. So with the may 12 game being a cheaper one, it so happens to be Sammys first of 4 games at the cell.

I was just wondering if anybody was going to be going to the game now to make sure he doesn't forget and remember that Sox fans still hate him.

The one thing I DO NOT want to see is Cubs fans at the game to also give him a piece of their minds. They'd do it to. (They invade enough of our games anyway.)

NSSoxFan
01-31-2005, 08:46 PM
I ordered the Thursday game in my Minnie Plan as well.

jake27
01-31-2005, 08:51 PM
i plan on getting tickets to that game... once i get some $

Shorty1983
01-31-2005, 08:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/page2/photos/030930sosa.jpg.

LongLiveFisk
01-31-2005, 09:14 PM
I think seeing Cubs fans there to boo him is inevitable. That might be the only time Sox and Cubs fans agree on anything!

NSSoxFan
01-31-2005, 09:25 PM
I think seeing Cubs fans there to boo him is inevitable. That might be the only time Sox and Cubs fans agree on anything!

This is what I have been thinking about. It makes me cringe to imagine all the sCrUB fans that are going to be at USCF May 12-15.

chisoxmike
This is my favorite...

:corker

cbrownson13

I was thinking that too. One of the reasons I wanted him to stay with the Cubs. How humorous would it have been to have him come to the plate in the Cubs/Sox series and hear at least 35,000 Cubs/Sox fans boo him.

chisoxmike
01-31-2005, 09:26 PM
This is what I have been thinking about. It makes me cringe to imagine all the sCrUB fans that are going to be at USCF May 12-15.

Do you think...they...would...be...cheering...for.......

the sox???????? :o: :o: :o: :o:

StillMissOzzie
01-31-2005, 11:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/page2/photos/030930sosa.jpg.

Hey, check it out - there's an Oriole fan in mid-season form booing Sosa! Just in back of (and to the left in the photo) the CHEATER sign, with both hands cupped to his mouth. Maybe he knew something back then before the rest of us...

SMO
:gulp:

NSSoxFan
01-31-2005, 11:04 PM
Do you think...they...would...be...cheering...for.......

the sox???????? :o: :o: :o: :o:

Nope. They'll be there for three reasons:
1) Boo Sosa
2) Drink Beer
3) Talk about how USCF is only sold out when we play the sCrUBS

DrCrawdad
02-01-2005, 02:08 AM

I posted something very similar in the Cubs newsgroup, when I post there I try not to be inflamatory and try behave as a guest. Note the interchange from a poster who goes by the name "Bubba" (aka Michael Gillman).

FYI This "Bubba" Mike Gillman has posted in the Sox newsgroup for years and has in the past claimed that he's a Cub fan and a Sox fan.

DRCRAWDAD: If the trade goes through then perhaps on Thursday, May 12 when the Orioles come to The Cell, Sox fans and Cub fans will unitedly boo Sammy.

'Come together, right now, over Sammy...'

BUBBA: Are the Sox fans going to boo him for being better than Jorge Bell? Or has he done some other offensive to the denizens of the Cell Phone Booth.

DRCRAWDAD: Lighten up there Sipowitz, um Bubba. (Bubba Mike Gillman has posted messages in the Sox newsgroup under the guise of "Sipowitz" where he's made the same digs on The Cell and Sox fans.)

BUBBA: So the fact that the Sox got a bad year from Jorge Bell in exchange for Sosa is your motivation for your scurrilous posts.

I thought as much.

MUsoxfan
02-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Hey, check it out - there's an Oriole fan in mid-season form booing Sosa! Just in back of (and to the left in the photo) the CHEATER sign, with both hands cupped to his mouth. Maybe he knew something back then before the rest of us...

SMO
:gulp:

IIRC, that was the first game after "Corkgate" at Camden Yards

santo=dorf
02-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Boyer was interviewed by comcast (sporting a 1919 jersey) and said that they sold 750 tickets for the Orioles games yesterday, saying most of them were right field seats.

santo=dorf
02-01-2005, 02:30 AM
IIRC, that was the first game after "Corkgate" at Camden Yards

Someone also ran onto the field (and I thought it only happens at USCF) wearing cork, and threw cork at Sosa and started bowing to him. It took security forever to arrest the guy, but it still wasn't as funny when the Fans in LA threw a giant inflatable piece of cork onto the field that year. :rolling:

Viva Medias B's
02-01-2005, 10:45 AM
If you have the weekday 27-game plan, the Thursday and Friday Oriole games are on the package. And my seats are in right field. Great, I'll be surrounded by drunken idiots!

SpammySosa
02-01-2005, 12:58 PM
I posted something very similar in the Cubs newsgroup, when I post there I try not to be inflamatory and try behave as a guest.
FYI This "Bubba" Mike Gillman has posted in the Sox newsgroup for years and has in the past claimed that he's a Cub fan and a Sox fan.

How long did it take to sCrUB the stench off your s.n. after going there?:D:

As for being a Sox AND Cubs fan-talk about multiple personalities and delusions of grandeur!!!The kind of people who claim to be fans of both probably also believe that OJ was innocent,the world isn't round and that Elvis is alive and well.

SOXintheBURGH
02-01-2005, 01:13 PM

As for being a Sox AND Cubs fan-talk about multiple personalities and delusions of grandeur!!!The kind of people who claim to be fans of both probably also believe that OJ was innocent,the world isn't round and that Elvis is alive and well.

Yeah, when people say that they like both teams, or "I'm happy as long as a Chicago team is doing well" makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

DrCrawdad
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM

I enjoy reading the posts from a few regulars. I post there and I'm upfront about being a Sox fan.

I think it's possible to be a fan of both teams. I think it's unusual for someone born and raised in Chicagoland to root for both. People raised outside of this area and who move here don't seem to have trouble with rooting for both. My mom, for example, is from NY state. She doesn't get the rivalry at all. On the other hand, my dad was born and raised in Chicago. He LOVED the Sox and NEVER went to a Cubs game. He hated the Cubs.

The newsgroup poster, "BUBBA," has claimed to be a Sox fan. "Bubba" betrays that by his perpetual put-downs of the Sox and Sox fans. "Bubba" Mike Gillman attacks anyone who he thinks is a Sox fan and dares to post about the Cubs. Interestingly, "Bubba" never sticks up for the Sox or Sox fans when they are put-down in the Cubs newsgroup. The guy is a belligerent fraud.

There is a WSI member by the name of Bubba. I've wondered if that is the same Bubba.

BTW I don't have trouble with Cub fans posting here. Just be frank and candid about being a Cub fan. I enjoy reading the posts by Vic and debating with Grobber - both of whom are Cub fans who frequent this board.

SpammySosa
02-01-2005, 01:32 PM
I enjoy reading the posts from a few regulars. I post there and I'm upfront about being a Sox fan.

I think it's possible to be a fan of both teams. I think it's unusual for someone born and raised in Chicagoland to root for both. People raised outside of this area and who move here don't seem to have trouble with rooting for both. My mom, for example, is from NY state. She doesn't get the rivalry at all. On the other hand, my dad was born and raised in Chicago. He LOVED the Sox and NEVER went to a Cubs game. He hated the Cubs.

The newsgroup poster, "BUBBA," has claimed to be a Sox fan. "Bubba" betrays that by his perpetual put-downs of the Sox and Sox fans. "Bubba" Mike Gillman attacks anyone who he thinks is a Sox fan and dares to post about the Cubs. Interestingly, "Bubba" never sticks up for the Sox or Sox fans when they are put-down in the Cubs newsgroup. The guy is a belligerent fraud.

There is a WSI member by the name of Bubba. I've wondered if that is the same Bubba.

BTW I don't have trouble with Cub fans posting here. Just be frank and candid about being a Cub fan. I enjoy reading the posts by Vic and debating with Grobber - both of whom are Cub fans who frequent this board.

I understand people liking both teams as much as I understand rocket science, but I am not putting them down. There is a certain comfort in being confused and allows one to avoid the responsibility of making a decisive choice.
As for fans frequenting sites devoted to teams that aren't their favorite,I was just giving you a friendly ribbing.:wink:

JoseCanseco6969
02-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Boyer was interviewed by comcast (sporting a 1919 jersey) and said that they sold 750 tickets for the Orioles games yesterday, saying most of them were right field seats.

I already coincidentaly ordered tickets a month ago in my 13 gamer for sunday may 15th in right field row 2! Maybe I'll scalp them to some overpaying idiot Cubs fan. :D:

MUsoxfan
02-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Maybe I'll scalp them to some overpaying idiot Cubs fan. :D:

The less blue at the Cell, the better

JoseCanseco6969
02-01-2005, 03:09 PM
The less blue at the Cell, the better

I totally agree, I probably shouldve used teal there.
Anyone think the O's might sit him out 1 or 2 of those games??? We all know how he cant handle the boos.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
My cousin, a Cubs fan, just called me and asked me if I want to go with him to a Baltimore/White Sox game in May. I asked him, "Why do you want to go?", he tells me, "So I can boo the f*** out of Sosa!".

I told him I'll go, but didn't tell him that I'll be CHEERING for Sosa! I mean come on guys, we owe this guy so much! Listen to my conspiracy theory...

The White Sox traded Sammy to the Cubs KNOWING he'll become a HOF and hit all those home runs. They also knew that the Tribune and Cubs management would not try to compete as long as Sosa was attracting fans with his home runs. So with the Cubs not having any success and Sosa being reason enough to watch the team, we secretly tried to break the organization down and tried to become the more successful team in town (which for the most part, they were). Now, in the last 2-3 years, since the Cubs have been competitive, Sosa has turned into the selfish ego-maniac that has been "the reason" for the Cubs falling apart last year. Supposedly, he single-handedly took the team apart last!

We, as Sox fans and Cub haters, have to love this guy and cheer him on!

I have two questions for you;
1) Will now you have MORE reason to attend a O's/Sox game because Sosa is on the O's?
2) If so, or even if you do not attend, how will you or how would you respond to him? Will you cheer or jeer him?

mweflen
02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
1. nope, I go to Sox games for the Sox.

2. I'll boo and heckle him just like I always have.

OEO Magglio
02-01-2005, 03:17 PM

Agreed on both points.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-01-2005, 03:17 PM

I changed the question around just for you :smile:

Sad
02-01-2005, 03:18 PM
I already had tix for the Sat. game vs. Baltimore long before this deal went down...

and knowing Sammy, he'll probably sneeze or something & have to sit out the series...

WhiteSoxFan84
02-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Agreed on both points.

So both of you are going to hold hands with the Cub fans who are going to be at The Cell and boo him collectively? Hah!

And by the way, some guy at the Sox box office told my cousin that most of RF has sold out in the last 2 days for the O's series and that a lot of Cub fans are calling in and buying those seats.

Adding on; Sosa will most likely DH. If not throughout the whole season, he probably will in this series for obvious reasons.

OEO Magglio
02-01-2005, 03:29 PM
So both of you are going to hold hands with the Cub fans who are going to be at The Cell and boo him collectively? Hah!

And by the way, some guy at the Sox box office told my cousin that most of RF has sold out in the last 2 days for the O's series and that a lot of Cub fans are calling in and buying those seats.

Adding on; Sosa will most likely DH. If not throughout the whole season, he probably will in this series for obvious reasons.
I'm not going to the Baltimore games. If you're going just because of Sosa well then I don't even know what to tell you, as far as booing sosa, I don't like sosa and I never will, period. Besides that first and foremost Sosa is on the opposition you're going to cheer a player on the opposing team just to try to rile up cub fans, I don't get it. Who cares about the cubs.

!Winning=Fung!
02-01-2005, 03:33 PM
I bought tickets for that night as soon as I heard about the trade. Opening day and now corky comes back day, I am hyped up. Plus dollar dog day!!!

Im glad he has left the cubs cause after the trade, I called my uncle, a so-called cubs fan, (1 out of like 50 in my family that isn't a sox fan), and I asked him, "now, tell me one player on the scrubs team now that shammy is gone? .......He said MOISES ALOU. Cubs fans are disgraces to baseball. He ended up hanging up on my laughter, cause cubs fans can't take it.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm not going to the Baltimore games. If you're going just because of Sosa well then I don't even know what to tell you, as far as booing sosa, I don't like sosa and I never will, period. Besides that first and foremost Sosa is on the opposition you're going to cheer a player on the opposing team just to try to rile up cub fans, I don't get it. Who cares about the cubs.

I'm going to cheer him when he is introduced or if I see him walking/running/hopping on the field to his position. During the game, OF COURSE I'm going to cheer for the Sox and boo him if he hits a home run because it's hurting my team and I know his bat is either corked and/or he's juiced up. If he strikes out, man-o-man will the crowd go nuts and I will join them in that as well.

LongLiveFisk
02-01-2005, 06:37 PM

Exactly. I see no reason to stop booing him. If nothing else, it's always fun! :D:

MUsoxfan
02-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm going to cheer him when he is introduced or if I see him walking/running/hopping on the field to his position.

I could NEVER cheer for that degenerate. If there happens to be one thing that Cubs and Sox fans agree on, and it's booing this guy, then so be it

Palehose13
02-01-2005, 07:43 PM
I have tix for May 15th. Bought them last month with my 13 game package. I will act the way I always do at games. Nothing special...it's just the O's.

soxwon
02-01-2005, 10:08 PM
all we need is Flub fans, booing sosa, but cheering for baltimore to beat us.

chisoxmike
02-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm going to cheer him when he is introduced or if I see him walking/running/hopping on the field to his position. During the game, OF COURSE I'm going to cheer for the Sox and boo him if he hits a home run because it's hurting my team and I know his bat is either corked and/or he's juiced up. If he strikes out, man-o-man will the crowd go nuts and I will join them in that as well.

This makes no sense.

Clembasbal
02-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Sox tickets are selling fast for this, probably Cub fans wanting to cheer Sosa...it is noted that the brisk sales are occurring in RF.

Sun-Times Article Link (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox01.html)

Anyway, I am posting this because of this quote.

''I hoping to have Sammy promotion suggestions [from Sox fans],'' Boyer said. "Maybe we'll smash a boombox or something. I'll let the fans let us know."

With all of these emails to Boyer lately...maybe we can suggest a great way to honor the former North/South sider.

nccwsfan
02-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Sox tickets are selling fast for this, probably Cub fans wanting to cheer Sosa...it is noted that the brisk sales are occurring in RF.

Sun-Times Article Link (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox01.html)

Anyway, I am posting this because of this quote.

With all of these emails to Boyer lately...maybe we can suggest a great way to honor the former North/South sider.

Bat night- but only give out half a bat with cork hanging out from the end

Asterisk night- honoring acheivements in sports that have since been tainted (i.e. Sosa's steriod run at Maris' record, Giambi's 2000 MVP, the Michigan Fab Four teams, etc.)

Clearasil Cream & Clear night- bring in a Sosa Cubs jersey and receive a free tube of Clearasil (that's what his jersey is worth now anyway)

Cowhead418
02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
One of my great Sosa memories was just last year. I was in 8th grade and my friends had to make up a skit for this club we were in. It ended up being a skit making fun of several professional players. At the end, my friend Alex wore a foam beard on his chin to represent Koch and muttered "I will blow you away with my 91 MPH fastball, Sosa." Then my friend Tony came in with a cardboard bat and said, "I'm Sammy Sosa. Look at my huge muscles." Alex then threw a rubber ball at Tony and hit him in the head. Angered, Tony smashed his cardboard bat against the wall and out flew tan foam that represented cork. Alex then started laughing uncontrollably and yelled "AH, YOU CORKER!" The whole audience laughed for the next ten minutes. Their skit was ten times better than all of the other skits yet they didn't even finish in the top five. The three of us decided that the judges must have been Cub fans. Man was that funny...