PDA

View Full Version : Where Are They Now?

tlebar318
01-30-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't know why but I just started thinking of seasons past and 2 names popped into my head--Kevin Bell(3B) and Nyls Nyman(OF) from the 70's--anyone know what they are doing now? They didn't have great careers but when you are a kid you don't necessarily pick your favorite players by stats alone! :D:

tlebar318
01-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Ok, well I can see that 100 people have viewed this thread with no replies. I guess either no one knows what's up with the players mentioned or I have picked a bad topic? :D: Well, how about updates on any old Sox players from the 1970's and what are they doing now?

SpammySosa
01-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Ok, well I can see that 100 people have viewed this thread with no replies. I guess either no one knows what's up with the players mentioned or I have picked a bad topic? :D: Well, how about updates on any old Sox players from the 1970's and what are they doing now?

A good place to start would be the interviews on this site,many of which are with 70's Sox players. Also, I believe whitesox.com has a "Where are they now?" section.

tebman
01-31-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't know why but I just started thinking of seasons past and 2 names popped into my head--Kevin Bell(3B) and Nyls Nyman(OF) from the 70's--anyone know what they are doing now? They didn't have great careers but when you are a kid you don't necessarily pick your favorite players by stats alone! :D:

Don't know what either one is doing now, but as a footnote I can tell you that Kevin Bell was a neighbor of mine around 1980. He and Tex Wortham and Mike Proly all lived in the same townhouse neighborhood in Bolingbrook at that time.

They were probably renters -- I don't think they were there very long. The nomadic life of a ballplayer, you know.:smile:

- tebman

chaz171
01-31-2005, 04:55 PM
Don't know what either one is doing now, but as a footnote I can tell you that Kevin Bell was a neighbor of mine around 1980.

- tebman

WE'RE HAPPY FOR YA!!!!!

Whitesox029
01-31-2005, 05:18 PM
I have to agree with that point. For a while when I was younger Dan Pasqua of the .244 career batting average was my favorite Sox player. I vacillated between him and Ozzie for a while, but I finally settled on Robin.

tebman
01-31-2005, 08:03 PM
WE'RE HAPPY FOR YA!!!!!

Thought you might be! :tongue:

- tebman

Nick@Nite
01-31-2005, 09:51 PM

Heeeyyyyy.... I thought I was the only one around here who remembered Nyls Nyman. :D: :cool:

He's my favorite past Sox player.

HITMEN OF 77
01-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Nyls is no relation to another Sox player of the late 60's, Jerry Nyman, is he? I don't think he is but ya never know.

BigEdWalsh
02-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Nyls is no relation to another Sox player of the late 60's, Jerry Nyman, is he? I don't think he is but ya never know.

There was also a Chris Nyman, who played some 1B with the Sox in the early 80's. Whether any of the 3 were related I don't know. But, odd that all 3 played for the Sox.

Nick@Nite
02-01-2005, 07:17 AM
There was also a Chris Nyman, who played some 1B with the Sox in the early 80's. Whether any of the 3 were related I don't know. But, odd that all 3 played for the Sox.

Nyls & Chris are brothers.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/family/fam1a.shtml

Medford Bobby
02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
:smile: Hey Chris Snopek was my favourite player and I was in my late 30's:redneck