PDA

View Full Version : How many games do you watch/listen to?

comiskey2000
01-30-2005, 10:44 AM
How many Sox games do you watch a year?
How many can you only listen to a year?

Is the goal 162 games?

zach074
01-30-2005, 10:45 AM

Is the goal 162 games?

I listen to or watch everyone except when I'm in school (i still try and listen to them)or on vacation.

whtsx1959
01-30-2005, 10:52 AM
It's usually late June when I finally miss a game, counting radio, tv, and being at the park

LongLiveFisk
01-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I usually catch most of them (probably 155+ games) but this year will be especially difficult until July anyway. Starting in April and going until the end of June will be my final course to complete my masters degree and it is going to be TOUGH. I have about 4 papers to write. So unfortunately on many nights I would normally watch the Sox I will have to be taking care of business.

But come July 1, I'll be as dedicated as usual :D:

samram
01-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I try to see them all. I haven't decided to whether I should go with MLBtv again or spring for Extra Innings.

eastchicagosoxfan
01-30-2005, 11:43 AM
I catch 130 games a year or so. I'm rarely up for the West Coast games, as they start later than I'd like. Other than those games, I try to catch at least part of every game. I'll go to the park 4 or 5 times a year.

delben91
01-30-2005, 11:44 AM
I try to see them all. I haven't decided to whether I should go with MLBtv again or spring for Extra Innings.

Yeah, I normally only catch the games on WGN, but I'm thinking of going with Comcast's Extra Innings this season since I finally have a "real job" and can afford it. Anyone out there that can give me a testimonial on whether it's a worthwhile investment?

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-30-2005, 11:55 AM
wherever i am, i always try to listen to all games possible. i dont have an AM walkman so i cant listen to games at school or on the train home.

munchman33
01-30-2005, 12:06 PM
My goal is to at least watch all eleven White Sox post-season victories.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-30-2005, 12:09 PM
I probably listen to at least part of 80 percent of all Sox night games. Most of the 20 percent I miss are on the west coast. Day games are a lot more hit or miss because of my work and family schedule. I'm guessing I catch maybe half of them.

I rarely sit and watch an entire Sox game on TV unless I'm busy with something else, too, like paperwork. I prefer having the TV on in the next room while I listen on the radio. Then I'll run to the TV if anything worth seeing suddenly happens.
:cool:

Brian26
01-30-2005, 12:21 PM
I rarely sit and watch an entire Sox game on TV unless I'm busy with something else, too, like paperwork. I prefer having the TV on in the next room while I listen on the radio. Then I'll run to the TV if anything worth seeing suddenly happens.
:cool:

LOL- I do the same thing. It's nice to have the tv ready in case you need to check out a replay, but I prefer Rooney and Farmer.

Wsoxmike59
01-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I watch or listen to approximately 120-150 games a year depending on the season. If it's a really really great year like 1990-'93 it was closer to 150. The bad years in the late 80's was more like 100-120 games.

I generally attend about 15-20 games a year, which is down from the 25-30 I used to attend in the pre-strike years.

I have a tough time getting a strong radio signal out at my campground on the summer weekends. (The Braves and Cubs come in fine out near Mendota IL) The AM 1000 signal fades in and out and it's hard to find a suitable affiliate (Joliet-Streator-Dixon) that picks them up, cuz their signal is hard to pick up too!

comiskey2000
01-30-2005, 12:31 PM
i like to stay in on those summer friday and saturday nights...even though friends dont like it

cwsfannick
01-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I probably get out to USCF for 30 to 35 games a year, and try to pick up the rest of the games on TV or radio. I have a pretty understanding better half.

Gosox1917
01-30-2005, 01:11 PM
I get out to about 4 or 5 games a year. The rest I'll watch on tv or listen to on radio with about 130 or so on tv and around 20 on the radio.

MUsoxfan
01-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Last year I made it to 37 games and caught at least 5 innings of about 150 on TV or radio

markopat
01-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Being a Chicago boy ...relocated to Gilbert, AZ...attending in Comisky is tough for me! I'll catch them on West Coast visits where I can, and watch on TV for every game that they are on....and zoop to a local Tempe Bar to watch the satellite feeds...

I would be excited to catch 5 live games, and 50 TV games for 2K5...

For those of you IN CHI-Town...Go to every game you can!

PEACE!

:supernana:

NSSoxFan
01-30-2005, 04:47 PM
I start the season with a goal of watching or listening to all 162 games. This is especially hard when I take my vacation in the summer to Greece. The last two summers where I have gone, I have tracked Sox games on my cell phone from Greece! Because we usually don't get to sleep until 6 or 7 a.m. when we are on vacation, Sox games start usually at 3 a.m. in the morning, so every 20 minutes I check for an update. Let me just say, this year I was ready to kill someone, as I was in Greece from July 24-August 22, right in the middle of our free fall. :angry:

Thunderstruk
01-30-2005, 04:50 PM
I definitely set out trying to watch as many as possible but would say I average watching or catching parts of at least 100. I would say I listen to about 20 to 30 parts. I attend about 10 a year.

Mohoney
01-30-2005, 05:50 PM
I go to about 35 games a year, and catch the rest on either TV or radio.

Over 162 games, I might miss 15 or so because of work.

Whitesox029
01-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Sometimes I have other things going, like work, school, or one of my own games. I have study hall last period of the day this year though so I'll be listening to some of those games. Aside from those things, if there's a Sox game on, I'm watching or listening, and I very often will watch an entire game straight through, especially night games. I'm more likely to be outside during the summer months in the afternoon, so then I listen. There's also vacation for one week where my only source is the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and this year I'm going to be in Germany for 12 days in August, when I'll have pretty much no contact...that will be tough.

NSSoxFan
01-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Sometimes I have other things going, like work, school, or one of my own games. I have study hall last period of the day this year though so I'll be listening to some of those games. Aside from those things, if there's a Sox game on, I'm watching or listening, and I very often will watch an entire game straight through, especially night games. I'm more likely to be outside during the summer months in the afternoon, so then I listen. There's also vacation for one week where my only source is the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and this year I'm going to be in Germany for 12 days in August, when I'll have pretty much no contact...that will be tough.

If you don't have an international cell phone, then your best friend for those 12 days will be The International Herald Tribune, or an internet cafe.

soxwon
01-30-2005, 06:14 PM
I catch 130 games a year or so. I'm rarely up for the West Coast games, as they start later than I'd like. Other than those games, I try to catch at least part of every game. I'll go to the park 4 or 5 times a year.

i cant go to sleep without knowing the final score!!!

Medford Bobby
01-30-2005, 06:22 PM
This year I will seriously consider buying an XM radio. For 9.99 a month I can be plugged in to any Sox game or any other MLB game plus have all the major sports networks for chit chat. I had the MLB radio on line for free with a 4 issue Sports Illustrated trial. But funny thing I don't think I listened to more than inning all last year on line. Dial up service seems like a pain (use to have free cable modem service)...so this XM seems great if the sound quality is as good as over the air!

2005 Bridgeport White Sox of Chicago World Champions:redneck :bandance:

NSSoxFan
01-30-2005, 06:25 PM
This year I will seriously consider buying an XM radio. For 9.99 a month I can be plugged in to any Sox game or any other MLB game plus have all the major sports networks for chit chat. I had the MLB radio on line for free with a 4 issue Sports Illustrated trial. But funny thing I don't think I listened to more than inning all last year on line. Dial up service seems like a pain (use to have free cable modem service)...so this XM seems great if the sound quality is as good as over the air!

2005 Bridgeport White Sox of Chicago World Champions:redneck :bandance:

Yea, for any of you out of town Sox fans on here without MLB Extra Innings, XM is a great option.

chisoxmike
01-30-2005, 06:47 PM
i cant go to sleep without knowing the final score!!!

I second that! Its a better nights rest to knowing they won.

comiskey2000
01-30-2005, 07:00 PM
i think itd be cool not only to watch all 162 but keep score of all of em too

Lem_Siddons
01-30-2005, 07:14 PM
I usually but tickets to 30-40 games and attend a few. Mostly I give them away to charities or customers in the area. I catch about 50-60 live on tv a few more on radio.

MUsoxfan
01-30-2005, 07:17 PM
I usually but tickets to 30-40 games and attend a few. Mostly I give them away to charities or customers in the area.

I'm a charity case sometimes....:wink:

SOXintheBURGH
01-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Sadly I only get to see the boys play when they get a national night since I'm out of the market. But now that I'm a big boy I can afford to get a tv deal that will allow me to get Chicago games, and now that I'm moving to Baltimore I can see them when they travel to Camden.

tacosalbarojas
01-30-2005, 07:19 PM
I watch or listen to approximately 120-150 games a year depending on the season. If it's a really really great year like 1990-'93 it was closer to 150. The bad years in the late 80's was more like 100-120 games.

I generally attend about 15-20 games a year, which is down from the 25-30 I used to attend in the pre-strike years.

I have a tough time getting a strong radio signal out at my campground on the summer weekends. (The Braves and Cubs come in fine out near Mendota IL) The AM 1000 signal fades in and out and it's hard to find a suitable affiliate (Joliet-Streator-Dixon) that picks them up, cuz their signal is hard to pick up too!
Is this the old wsoxmike from whitesox.com? If so, good to see you're still posting. Anyway, as for me - count me to be in attendance for anywhere from 30-45 games, depending on how well we're doing. The others - night games count on 100% viewing. The only games I can't always get to are the weekday day games when I'm at work and important meetings interrupt my priorities!

rwcescato
01-30-2005, 09:59 PM

Is the goal 162 games?

I work mostly nights so its hard. I try to at least listen to or watch part of all
162 games. I go to about 20 games a year so i am really involved almost every day. Besides that I read every Sox article in every chicago newspaper.
Rich

pczarapa
01-30-2005, 11:18 PM

Is the goal 162 games?

I live in Lexington, KY and will be the only moron on the planet with 2 satellite antennas on his car. Sirius for the Bears and XM for the Sox, not to mention the small fortune for MLB Extra Innings and NFL Sunday ticket. I caught about 100 games last year, flew in for 4 games.

kaufsox
01-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Tivo is the greatest invention for watching baseball. I'm able to catch almost every game and can usually get through a 3 hour telecast in about 2 hours. No commercials, pitching changes, or Garciaparra(sp)-style at bats. Not only that but all television shows that have something to do with the Sox are recorded. The only bummer is when someone tells me the final score before I get home.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-31-2005, 12:57 AM
I watch all the games on TV during the season except for the day games in april and may due to school. Most of the time for the day games during school I can tune into the radio broadcast for sox games thanks to those little earbud headphones! Teachers can never spot 'em. :D:

nccwsfan
01-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Went to 3 games last year (all games vs. Baltimore at Camden), viewed about 20 and listened to about 50 on the radio. MLB.com is a godsend!!!!

Plan to visit the Cell this year and will keep up on the radio. Next year will be even better with the XM Satellite Radio deal in place....

Sad
01-31-2005, 12:36 PM
ALL of them...
hope to attend 21 this year @ The Cell

otherwise, if I'm home the radio is on outside, and TV is on inside... if I'm at the racetrack or elsewhere then I'm recording it.

cant' wait for the 2005 season to start :smile:

WhiteSoxFan84
01-31-2005, 12:38 PM
The goal is 162 but I might miss anywhere between 2-10 a year. If they're in contention throughout the year, I'll miss 1-2 tops. When they fall out of contention, I am so upset that I can't stand watching the team play.

But to show you how much of a die hard I am. And I hope this doesn't get me in trouble by the mods, a few years ago when the Sox opened the season in Seattle (was it the opener or am I mixing it up with another game?), I was with my girlfriend and we were..... "messing around" in my car. As luck would have it, the game was in the 9th inning and Foulkie was in to close it out. With 2 outs and the Sox up by 1, I believe, I stopped what I was doing with my girlfriend just to hear the end of the game and sure enough it was a White Sox winner and in the end my girlfriend was happier than I was. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

chaz171
01-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Ultimate goal is 173 assuming we run the table in the playoffs this year.....

mweflen
01-31-2005, 01:06 PM
I try to go to about 30, and watch about 80-90 on TV. Weekday games I follow on mlb.com's gameday thing, so that's about 15 more. Weekend plans and socializing cut into watching the rest, but I always read the papers the next morning.

Over By There
01-31-2005, 01:25 PM
I probably catch all or parts of 140+. Weekday day games are the hardest for me as I work downtown - I try to keep an eye on one of the various GameTracker things. Probably average 10-15 in person, the rest on TV - or on radio if I'm on the go or doing things around the house.

rookieroy
01-31-2005, 01:47 PM
We attend about 20 games every year. Due to various circumstances like family events, little league games, etc., we might miss around 10-15. We will watch at least 2/3rds of them on t.v and the rest is between the radio and internet.

Yeah, how about those west coasts games starting after 9:00pm! I sometimes will fall asleep and wake up suddenly around 5:00am. I'll turn on the t.v. computer and radio until I can find if the Sox won. Wakes up my wife and sometimes kids, but, who cares! Gotta find out fast if its a White Sox winner! :D:

Palehose13
01-31-2005, 01:51 PM
Like most here, it's probably easier to count how many games I haven't watched or heard than the ones I have. It is extreme circumstances when I miss a game (those spring day games usually suck cause I am working, but I do have last block prep! :smile: ) I have a very understanding girlfirnd and if we have to be driving somewhere when the game is on, she lets me listen on the radio. If I absolutely can't watch or listen, I try every chance possible to get regular updates.

spawn
01-31-2005, 01:54 PM
I'd watch/listen to them all if I could. If I'm at work for day games, I follow on CBSSportsline.com. My wife thinks I'm nuts when I listen on the radio. but then again, she thinks baseball is boring, so there you go!:D:

Hangar18
01-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Of all the games I DONT attend in person, I watch/listen on TV.
There are those times where im out and about and NOT able to get to watch
the game, But then I check my Phone, or Duck into a bar somewhere
to catch a few innings .......
but every game, Im either there, or watched on TV or listened on radio

tacosalbarojas
01-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Tivo is the greatest invention for watching baseball. I'm able to catch almost every game and can usually get through a 3 hour telecast in about 2 hours. No commercials, pitching changes, or Garciaparra(sp)-style at bats. Not only that but all television shows that have something to do with the Sox are recorded. The only bummer is when someone tells me the final score before I get home.
I tape a lot of the day games I have to miss due to work, and it is the single biggest irritant in my life when someone tells me the score before I get home. Gives me The Carmine Derriere!

WhiteSoxFan84
01-31-2005, 11:39 PM
I tape a lot of the day games I have to miss due to work, and it is the single biggest irritant in my life when someone tells me the score before I get home. Gives me The Carmine Derriere!

TAPE record? get a tivo dude. it's so worth it. perfect for a working man like urself.

FARMEO
02-01-2005, 01:42 AM
I usually catch all of the games somehow, mostly on the radio. You can always tell when it is baseball season at my place. I also follow the games on my cell when I am out, I hate not knowing what is happening.

Sox-on-TV44
02-01-2005, 01:10 PM
I try to watch and (or) listen to all 162 as possible.But realisticly,I see and hear about 150 to 155 Sox games per year.

jake27
02-01-2005, 02:57 PM
i try to get out to about 10 sox games a year. in the begining of the year, whenever they are on wgn nation wid ei can watch it, at at night i can get the am1000 signal in. but after college ill hopefully catch most of the games on tv.