PDA

View Full Version : Printing tickets by E-Mail

Fenway
01-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I am curious on how you guys feel about the recent trend by teams to encourage their fans to print their tickets @ home.

Call me old fashioned but I really like the ticket stub...

this doesn't do it for me

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/images/tickets/y2005/printathome_487x694.gif

anewman35
01-29-2005, 03:31 PM
I am curious on how you guys feel about the recent trend by teams to encourage their fans to print their tickets @ home.

What I hate most is that they charge you MORE to print your own tickets. What kind of sense does that make?

NSSoxFan
01-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Fenway, it just depends on if you like to keep the stub or not. I know personally I'd rather have the real ticket, because I keep all ticket stubs from games I have been to.

Thanks for showing us a sample of Red Sox tickets, cause it isn't like we have computer printed tickets over here in Chicago...

MUsoxfan
01-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks for showing us a sample of Red Sox tickets, cause it isn't like we have computer printed tickets over here in Chicago...

Actually theirs is nice with a picture and stuff. Our printed tickets just say tickemaster about 6 times on them, IIRC

chisoxmike
01-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I'd rather have a ACTUAL TICKET. I don't trust a printed ticket for some reason. I have kept every single ticket of every game I've attended. Its a nice collection and a printed ticket wouldn't seem right. On the rare event that I order tickets online, I have have them mailed for no cost. Ticketsucker charges too much anyway in extra charges to have them shipped the next day.

ewokpelts
01-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I'd rather have a ACTUAL TICKET. I don't trust a printed ticket for some reason. I have kept every single ticket of every game I've attended. Its a nice collection and a printed ticket wouldn't seem right. On the rare event that I order tickets online, I have have them mailed for no cost. Ticketsucker charges too much anyway in extra charges to have them shipped the next day.
what i dont like is how you cant request willcall on tix for events that are more than 7 days away....oh, and the atrocious fees
Gene

NSSoxFan
01-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Actually theirs is nice with a picture and stuff. Our printed tickets just say tickemaster about 6 times on them, IIRC

Yea, I know. I just can't stand looking at tickets for the Red Cubs with a trophy in the picture, you know what I mean??:D:

mcfish
01-29-2005, 05:59 PM

this doesn't do it for me
I absolutely hate it. I like the ticket stub, so that's one thing that I object to. More importantly though is that they charge you extra for it. What the hell is that? You're saving them time, postage, ink, paper, wages, etc. and it costs more? I love how the ticketmaster default is to print your own now and they try to tell you how much better it is for you, when it's really just an added cost for no reason.

NonetheLoaiza
01-29-2005, 06:13 PM
I keep all the stubs to the games I go to as well, so I like the actual stub instead of printing it out. If I had the choice, I would want the actual ticket and not the printed out ticket.

Johnny Mostil
01-29-2005, 07:24 PM
I like the stub because I consider it a better memento of the game. Granted, I've gone to very few games that I thought it worth keeping the stub. Still, it's a nicer memento, for example, to ask a player to sign.

OTOH, if I were to decide at the last minute to go to a game, as I do on occasion for the half-price games, it would be nice to print the ticket at home. I am, however, too cheap to pay extra for it.

Fenway
01-29-2005, 08:27 PM

I have a feeling you may soon have at least a pennant ( and hopefully the series ) soon. Williams seems to have done a decent job considering he has no budget. But if you get in the playoffs, your pitching will be a major factor in a short series.

Johnny Mostil
01-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I have a feeling you may soon have at least a pennant ( and hopefully the series ) soon. Williams seems to have done a decent job considering he has no budget. But if you get in the playoffs, your pitching will be a major factor in a short series.

Flattery will get you everywhere, no?

Brian26
01-30-2005, 12:03 AM

Encouraging words! :D: