PDA

View Full Version : Mega-obsession thread: Maggs to Anywhere!

Pages : 1 [2]

Ol' No. 2
01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
...... and he will Officially have crossed the line from Being my Favorite Player,
to My newest Most Hated Player. Sure, he gambled the SOX would give him more money, and Sure the SOX shouldve made a better EFFORT to keep him around, but now looks like this bozo will become a Cub by next monday.
the "ordonez" comes off my jersey immediately ......... :angry: :angry:Not according to Mike Kiley (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sosa31.html).
The Cubs are interested in only a one- or two-year deal with Ordonez, and even then they would require contractual safeguards concerning his surgically repaired left knee. That means Ordonez would have to accept a lesser offer than he reportedly already has on the table [from Detroit].

Hangar18
01-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Woah, Woah, Woah, the sox should've made a better effort to keep him around?? Please explain that to me.

Per Phil Rogers ........ Now Maggs and Scumbag Agent Scott Boras
are willing to put clauses in any Contract Maggs signs, offering to
void a deal if he stays hurt. By all accounts, he shouldve already
signed with the Tigers by now, but hasnt. WHY? Because this
Traitor wants to be a cub, to stick it to Uncle Jerry. The Media
are going to do what they NEVER did when he was a SOX....sensationalize
him. Now that Sammy is gone, the MEDIA needs a new hero to embrace,
in its perverted and twisted ink-stained yellow journalist way, Maggs is
going to be just that guy.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050130rogers.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

Ol' No. 2
01-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Per Phil Rogers ........ Now Maggs and Scumbag Agent Scott Boras
are willing to put clauses in any Contract Maggs signs, offering to
void a deal if he stays hurt. By all accounts, he shouldve already
signed with the Tigers by now, but hasnt. WHY? Because this
Traitor wants to be a cub, to stick it to Uncle Jerry. The Media
are going to do what they NEVER did when he was a SOX....sensationalize
him. Now that Sammy is gone, the MEDIA needs a new hero to embrace,
in its perverted and twisted ink-stained yellow journalist way, Maggs is
going to be just that guy.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050130rogers.column?coll=cs-home-headlinesGood grief, Hangar. Do you mean you can't tell the difference between a puff piece in the Cubune and reality by now? Mike Kiley in the Sun-Times said just the opposite: Hendry would not go for more than 2 years under any circumstance. Rogers has been played by Boras (shocking, isn't it?). The reason Ordonez hasn't signed with Detroit by now is that Boras is playing them with the old "another team is interested" routine. And he's manufactured the other team out of whole cloth.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-31-2005, 03:51 PM
PHG, I change my mind. Hangar is better at channelling a jilted 16-year-old girl than you are. Just kidding, Hangar, you wounded soul you. You should just burn the jersey and start over with a new one. :cool:

Overheard between 5th and 6th period earlier today next to Hangar's locker...

"I dunno what happened. One minute I'm doing a slow dance with Magglio. He was running his fingers through my hair. 10 minutes later I come back into the gym and I find Hendry with his tongue down that slut's throat!"

:wink:

voodoochile
01-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Overheard between 5th and 6th period earlier today next to Hangar's locker...

"I dunno what happened. One minute I'm doing a slow dance with Magglio. He was running his fingers through my hair. 10 minutes later I come back into the gym and I find Hendry with his tongue down that slut's throat!"

:wink:

It wasn't so much that as the way he pulled up his pants leg to reveal his naked knee. I've heard of showing a little ankle, but this was ridiculous. Then Hendry brought in another guy and he started fondling that knee. He was probing and prodding and I... I... I just couldn't bear to watch it anymore...:whiner:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-31-2005, 05:14 PM
It wasn't so much that as the way he pulled up his pants leg to reveal his naked knee. I've heard of showing a little ankle, but this was ridiculous. Then Hendry brought in another guy and he started fondling that knee. He was probing and prodding and I... I... I just couldn't bear to watch it anymore...:whiner:

It gets worse.

So I'm really pissed and I call Magglio a big fat slut right to his face and Mr. Boras pulls me by the shirt and hauls me into the principal's office and then sends me home.

So I'm walking home and I hear a car bearing down on me with WGN turned up real loud, playing Shania Twain. So sure enough it's Hendry and that puke green convertible of his. And there's Magglio in the seat next to him, with Dusty and Mr. Boras in the backseat. They're all laughing and joking and I don't think they even saw that the empty case of Lovable Loser beer they threw out the window nearly hit me.

So I watch and see them pull into the Wendy's drive-thru. Dusty and Boras jumped out the backseat and ran inside to hit the head, but Magglio was practically sitting in Hendry's lap, and he's laughing and giggling while Hendry is ordering a Triple Stack with Bacon and I can't see where that slut has his hands but I just know where by the way Hendry's head is bobbing back and forth.

I'm too good for that slut... but why won't he love me?

SOX ADDICT '73
01-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Ok, fair enough. But what's with the sig then? :cool:
Yeah, I figured one of you guys would call me on that. Here's the deal:

A) It's a quote from Reinsdorf, not from me, per se.

"But then why use it as your signature?" you might ask.

B) I stated in my earlier post that I realize I am in the minority BY FAR. I think JR pretty accurately summed up the baseball climate in Chicago, so I like the quote.

C) While I may not necessarily agree with the first part (remember, I don't like the Cubs; I just couldn't care less about them), I have found the second part to be 99% true when talking to my Cub fan co-workers. They don't give a crap about our team, but treat Sox fans like second-class citizens.

SOX ADDICT '73
01-31-2005, 06:39 PM
BTW, PaleHoseGeorge missed his calling. You've got a career ahead of you writing teen romance fiction!

voodoochile
01-31-2005, 07:01 PM
It gets worse.

So I'm really pissed and I call Magglio a big fat slut right to his face and Mr. Boras pulls me by the shirt and hauls me into the principal's office and then sends me home.

So I'm walking home and I hear a car bearing down on me with WGN turned up real loud, playing Shania Twain. So sure enough it's Hendry and that puke green convertible of his. And there's Magglio in the seat next to him, with Dusty and Mr. Boras in the backseat. They're all laughing and joking and I don't think they even saw that the empty case of Lovable Loser beer they threw out the window nearly hit me.

So I watch and see them pull into the Wendy's drive-thru. Dusty and Boras jumped out the backseat and ran inside to hit the head, but Magglio was practically sitting in Hendry's lap, and he's laughing and giggling while Hendry is ordering a Triple Stack with Bacon and I can't see where that slut has his hands but I just know where by the way Hendry's head is bobbing back and forth.

I'm too good for that slut... but why won't he love me?

Later that night at the pizza parlor, I'm trying to put on a brave face for my friends and then he walked in. I tried to ignore him, but he was carrying this totally adorable little stuffed bear with blue pinstripes on it's uniform. The blue baseball cap set off the brown fur and Magglio's eyes so perfectly. I wanted to go to him and tell him I still loved him, but before I could go two steps Hendry walks in looking all cool and perfect. He had his buddies Nomar and Kerry with him and I just felt like a fool. Some losers get up and starts doing the Salaam and saying, "We're not worthy" to Magglio and he just laughs. One of the morons actually winked at me. I had to leave.

I'm crying to my friends in the car who are trying to tell me that I'll find someone else - someone who deserves me - someone I'll just Dye over, but I can't get the feeling that I'll be singing Oh-Ee-Oh Ma-Ma-Magggggggliooooooooooo as I sob myself to sleep.

Oh Magglio... Please come home. I love you dearly. I don't care what you did... Just choose me... please please please choose me...

Baby Fisk
02-01-2005, 08:55 AM
This is some hilarious ****. :rolling:

denialorcoped
02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
How will you guys react when maggs comes to the cell next year? I don't think I can find it in my heart to boo him.

jabrch
02-01-2005, 11:18 AM
How will you guys react when maggs comes to the cell next year? I don't think I can find it in my heart to boo him.

I will have no problem booing him. I appreciated what he did while he was here. But when he was talking about how much he wanted to stay here, but simultaneously turning down near-vlad type money, I realized he was lying to the fans the entire time. He had no intention of staying here.

I'll boo him. No problem.

Clement's beard
02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
It has been reported that jim Hendry has contacted Scott BorASS and will offer Maggs the same amount of money(10M per) Detroit will but not the five years Detroit is offering.

I have also heard that some of the Tigers deal has safeguards should Maggs get hurt. This could get scary.

winning ugly 72
02-01-2005, 08:06 PM
It has been reported that jim Hendry has contacted Scott BorASS and will offer Maggs the same amount of money(10M per) Detroit will but not the five years Detroit is offering.

I have also heard that some of the Tigers deal has safeguards should Maggs get hurt. This could get scary.

what site is it?

Clement's beard
02-01-2005, 08:08 PM
what site is it?
[moderator edit]

Get your news of the world from something besides an idiot Flubs fan posting on a Lovable Loser message board, okay?

Jabroni
02-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Watch Borass now use the Flubs' offer to jack up Detroit's offer. I think it's quite obvious that this is about money for Maggs and Borass. If it wasn't, Maggs would still be on the White Sox making $14 million a year.

Clement's beard
02-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Watch Borass now use the Flubs' offer to jack up Detroit's offer. I think it's quite obvious that this is about money for Maggs and Borass. If it wasn't, Maggs would still be on the White Sox making $14 million a year.

I don't buy for a second that the Tigers would offer a 5 year guaranteed deal. If they did, they are idiots. This is why the cubs offer is kinda of scary, because of the fact Maggs said he wants to stay in the Chicago area.

Jabroni
02-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't buy for a second that the Tigers would offer a 5 year guaranteed deal. If they did, they are idiots. This is why the cubs offer is kinda of scary, because of the fact Maggs said he wants to stay in the Chicago area.The "staying in Chicago" line is pure bs. If he really wanted to stay in Chicago he would have accepted the Sox 5-year, $70 million offer. Think about it. He wants as much money as he can get. How far is Detroit from Chicago anyways?

Clement's beard
02-01-2005, 08:26 PM
The "staying in Chicago" line is pure bs. If he really wanted to stay in Chicago he would have accepted the Sox 5-year, $70 million offer. Think about it. He wants as much money as he can get.

True. Ok, then I guess it will boil down to what team Maggs wants to play for. If the Tigers offer has stipulations in it, he might sign with the cubs. This has got my stomach turning.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-01-2005, 08:27 PM
True. Ok, then I guess it will boil down to what team Maggs wants to play for. If the Tigers offer has stipulations in it, he might sign with the cubs. This has got my stomach turning.

"Magglio, Magglio... where for art thou, Magglio?"

Jabroni
02-01-2005, 08:28 PM
True. Ok, then I guess it will boil down to what team Maggs wants to play for. If the Tigers offer has stipulations in it, he might sign with the cubs. This has got my stomach turning.Dave Kaplan also said that if Maggs wants more than a 2 years from the Cubs, the Cubs will automatically sign Burnitz. This is expected to be decided by tommorow.

Clement's beard
02-01-2005, 08:29 PM
"Magglio, Magglio... where for art thou, Magglio?"

George,

It's a slap in the face if Maggs goes to the cubs. The town will become unbearable to live in should he go there.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
It's a slap in the face if Maggs goes to the cubs. The town will become unbearable to live in should he go there.

Yeah, so let's link to Cubs fans jacking off to your nightmare scenario. Gimme a break...

Magglio is gone. He doesn't love you anymore. Get over it.

Jabroni
02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
George,

It's a slap in the face if Maggs goes to the cubs. The town will become unbearable to live in should he go there.Not really. I doubt his knee is 100%. He could suffer from a career-ending injury and never play again. Besides, the Sox made him a fair offer of 5-years, $70 million. What else should they have done?

Clement's beard
02-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Not really. I doubt his knee is 100%. He could suffer from a career-ending injury and never play again. Besides, the Sox made him a fair offer of 5-years, $70 million. What else should they have done?

They did all the could. It's just bad for the Sox in the PR department. You know damn well what the media will do should he sign with the cubs. Ahh, just forget it.

BRDSR
02-01-2005, 09:03 PM
[moderator edit]

Get your news of the world from something besides an idiot Flubs fan posting on a Lovable Loser message board, okay?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rotowire-aggliordonezubsalkin&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpa2lpNnFzBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=knight-otherteamscoyastigerscour&prov=knight&type=lgns

Both these links put the Cubs in the mix on a contract for 1 or 2 years at more per year than the Tigers are offering, supposedly to show he's healthy then take a long-term contract after this short one.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-01-2005, 09:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=rotowire-aggliordonezubsalkin&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpa2lpNnFzBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=knight-otherteamscoyastigerscour&prov=knight&type=lgns

Both these links put the Cubs in the mix on a contract for 1 or 2 years at more per year than the Tigers are offering, supposedly to show he's healthy then take a long-term contract after this short one.

Oh give me a ****ing break. The first link is to Rotowire, a website for stroking and circle jerk rumor mongering.

The second is from a Free Press writer that doesn't do anything more than recount the same bull**** that has already filled this thread with over 250 posts of nothing.

"Magglio, Magglio... where for art thou, Magglio!"

Get a ****ing life...

Jabroni
02-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I will enjoy my day alot more tomorrow when the Cubs officially sign Jeromy Burnitz to replace Sosa's strikeouts from the RF position.

Clement's beard
02-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I will enjoy my day alot more tomorrow when the Cubs officially sign Jeromy Burnitz to replace Sosa's strikeouts from the RF position.

So, you ARE a litte worried about him going up north, aren't you?:tongue:

Jabroni
02-01-2005, 09:30 PM
So, you ARE a litte worried about him going up north, aren't you?:tongue:I never mentioned Magglio. I said that I can't wait for the Flubs to sign the strikeout master Jer0my Burnitz. The 0 stands for 0 - 4 with 4 strikeouts. :D:

DrCrawdad
02-01-2005, 11:33 PM
So, you ARE a litte worried about him going up north, aren't you?:tongue:

The Cubs had considered him and former White Sox free agent Magglio Ordonez. They much preferred Ordonez, but apparently his left knee problems and insistence on a multiyear contract in the range of $12 million annually left them with little choice.

Ordonez is expected to sign soon with the Tigers, the only team known to have made a serious offer and the only team willing to match the salary demands of agent Scott Boras. - as quoted in the February 1 issue of the Cubbie fanzine the Chicago Tribune

So, are you a little worried about Magglio (or as Cubbie fans called him, "Fagglio") going northeast?

BRDSR
02-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Oh give me a ****ing break. The first link is to Rotowire, a website for stroking and circle jerk rumor mongering.

The second is from a Free Press writer that doesn't do anything more than recount the same bull**** that has already filled this thread with over 250 posts of nothing.

"Magglio, Magglio... where for art thou, Magglio!"

Get a ****ing life...

Man, I was only posting a respectful and entirely appropriate response to your request that we don't get our news off of Cubs message boards. If you don't have anything better to do with your life than think of reasons why my sources suck, then you get a life. If you don't want people to post entirely useless information then you shouldn't have created a site devoted entirely to the White Sox in the first place. People like to hang out here because its a forum where they can share entirely meangingless thoughts with people who actually care about them. This might be hard to believe, but I do not in fact have any sexual attraction to Magglio Ordonez. That doesn't mean I can't be interested in where he ends up playing this spring. It's an interesting story.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-02-2005, 07:38 AM
... It's an interesting story.

To jilted Magglio lovers.
:cool:

Baby Fisk
02-02-2005, 01:45 PM
I know I'm a total tool for keeping this breathless speculation alive, but take it for what it's worth...

Newsday: Mets mulling Ordoņez (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-spbase024132448feb02,0,3383834.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines)

mantis1212
02-03-2005, 10:03 AM
I know I'm a total tool for keeping this breathless speculation alive, but take it for what it's worth...

Newsday: Mets mulling Ordoņez (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-spbase024132448feb02,0,3383834.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines)

I guess I am too for still being interested in the Maggs situation...

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/031sd4.htm

I think what happens with Maggs refelcts on the White sox organization, so I'm still interested.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-05-2005, 04:28 AM
According to Newsday, the Tigers are close to signing Magglio Ordonez to a five-year, $75 million contract.
Gulp. If the report is true, the good news is that the deal is voidable if Ordonez spends a certain amount of time on the DL with a left knee injury. Still, $15 million per year through age 35? For a player who has never led the league in a major category (sac flies in 2000!) and has been helped by his home park throughout his career? That's just too much money. Feb. 5 - 5:08 am et
rotoworld.com
:?:
Even if he doesn't go on the DL, there's no guarantee he'll ever return to his pre-injury production.

Cubbiesuck13
02-05-2005, 04:33 AM
I guess I am too for still being interested in the Maggs situation...

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/031sd4.htm

I think what happens with Maggs refelcts on the White sox organization, so I'm still interested.

I can't wait untill I hear "After the White Sox (they play in Chicago for those of you who don't know) let Maggs go, he signed with such and such to finish 2nd in the MVP voting."

Jabroni
02-05-2005, 05:24 AM
rotoworld.com
:?:
Even if he doesn't go on the DL, there's no guarantee he'll ever return to his pre-injury production.1 word... OVERPAID!!!

Where's that picture of Magglio with the money bags? :tongue: