PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi's nickname?

Jerome
01-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I know in the ad today it was determined that Tadihito's nickname would be 'Gooch'.

Personally, I think 'Gucci' is way cooler and it would definetly inspire some creative sigs with his image on some of that awsome Gucci fabric.

So what does everyone the think the best nickname for our soon-to-be-all-star second baseman?

patbooyah
01-28-2005, 05:12 PM
i like gooch. it has a southside mafia feel to it.

oeo
01-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I know in the ad today it was determined that Tadihito's nickname would be 'Gooch'.

Personally, I think 'Gucci' is way cooler and it would definetly inspire some creative sigs with his image on some of that awsome Gucci fabric.

So what does everyone the think the best nickname for our soon-to-be-all-star second baseman?

Gucci is oogly.

Infallible
01-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Da Gooch.....sounds like a fit to me.

NSSoxFan
01-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I like Gucci.

SOX ADDICT '73
01-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I have to admit, in another thread (Iguchi's #?), I suggested "The Gooch" as a nickname (mostly because of fond Different Strokes memories), but now I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I'm a killjoy, but can't stand it when, in any sport, the fans start chanting a player's name which just happens to have the long "ooooooo" sound. Cases in point, Isaac Bruuuuuuuuuuce on the Rams, and closer to home (and doubly sickening) MoistHands Alooooooouuuuuu for the Cubs. It's like they're saying, "Hey, check us out. It sounds like we're boo-ing, but really we're not. Aren't we cool?" I think we Sox fans have managed to avoid jumping on this trendy bandwagon thus far, and I'd hate to hear "Gooooooooooch" every time Tadahito comes to the plate or turns a 4-3 double play.

Infallible
01-28-2005, 05:24 PM
I don't know about all that, I rather enjoyed chanting "STUUUUUUU" as Grimson skated around the stadium annihilating everyone within site.

SoxxoS
01-28-2005, 05:27 PM
I think we should do what we usually do, let Hawk do it. No name that we "vote" on is going to stick anyway, so there is really no point.

wsbaseball9
01-28-2005, 06:10 PM
soxxos is right just let hawk do it because you know he will come up with one thatll stick i dont really any of those choices but i dont have my own name for him i just like his first name...it sounds like him and shingo are in like one of those yakuza clans like in kill bill...awesome

NSSoxFan
01-28-2005, 06:12 PM
soxxos is right just let hawk do it because you know he will come up with one thatll stick i dont really any of those choices but i dont have my own name for him i just like his first name...it sounds like him and shingo are in like one of those yakuza clans like in kill bill...awesome

We're just giving Hawk some ideas.

SOXintheBURGH
01-28-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't know about all that, I rather enjoyed chanting "STUUUUUUU" as Grimson skated around the stadium annihilating everyone within site.

Ah, the good ol' days. :gulp:

And one for Probert. :gulp:

kaufsox
01-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I think Gooch is a natural fit, and I would wager that is what Hawk will go with anyway. being a Punk rock fan, it was difficult to go against Iggy, especially if he would use some Iggy Pop as his intro, but there is really only one Iggy.

Nick@Nite
01-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Imo, nicknames are usually best when they're associated with the first name.

Saying that, and guessing that the phonetic pronouncition to Tadihito is "todd-a-heeto", I think Heeto would be kind of catchy.

Heeto Iguchi. Think of the possibilities... "Heeto drives in Timo giving El Duque the win".

White Sox Randy
01-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Ooo-ee-ooo Tad-a-hit-o

oeo
01-28-2005, 08:17 PM
I think we should do what we usually do, let Hawk do it. No name that we "vote" on is going to stick anyway, so there is really no point.

Exactly...that's what I said in another thread. Hawk will come up with something great that everyone will like because we use his names. I think it needs to come naturally and not by voting who likes what better. I think the reason everyone is voting is because his name gives you so many opportunities...that's great, but let the name come. Hawk may come up with something that resembles his playing style, or build (like El Caballo) and I can't wait to hear it! :D:

oeo
01-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Ooo-ee-ooo Tad-a-hit-o

Little OT here, but how did the OEO Magglio come about? Like what happened, did they just play OEO and the fans caught on...or did it take some time?

Kuzman
01-29-2005, 12:03 AM
isnt "Gooch" another word for the taint?

could have swore i heard that from somewhere.. dont know if id like calling him that if thats true

SALUKIS15
01-29-2005, 12:15 AM
I couldn't vote for Gooch, cause that is my nickname courtesy of my last name. I was thinking that his nickname should be the kamikazee. What does everyone think

Jerome
01-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Exactly...that's what I said in another thread. Hawk will come up with something great that everyone will like because we use his names. I think it needs to come naturally and not by voting who likes what better. I think the reason everyone is voting is because his name gives you so many opportunities...that's great, but let the name come. Hawk may come up with something that resembles his playing style, or build (like El Caballo) and I can't wait to hear it! :D:

Yeah Hawk pretty much has a name for everything. I think it's gotten to the point where he should publish a guide to help an outsider better understand his broadcasts. :smile:

And I really like the idea of the Ooooo-Eeeee-Ooooo-Tadahito chant.

jerry myers
01-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I like Gucci

SOX ADDICT '73
01-29-2005, 02:36 PM
I know none of this matters, since Hawk will settle it once and for all, but I can't believe that "Gucci" is currently in the lead. What are we, a bunch of yuppies with designer handbags? "The Gooch" is much more in keeping with the blue-collar tradition of this team.

StockdaleForVeep
01-29-2005, 04:04 PM
iggy pop

NSSoxFan
01-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I know none of this matters, since Hawk will settle it once and for all, but I can't believe that "Gucci" is currently in the lead. What are we, a bunch of yuppies with designer handbags? "The Gooch" is much more in keeping with the blue-collar tradition of this team.

Get off of the "blue-collar" frame of mind. They're are plenty of "yuppies" that are White Sox fans. There isn't anything wrong with "Gucci" being in the lead, IMO.

buehrle4cy05
01-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Any nickname is good, but the Cubune should have picked "Roger Powell and the Congregation" for the Illini's nickname.

whtsx1959
01-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Kamikaze is Japanese for 'Divine Wind'
That should be used after he wiffs

NowBatting19
05-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I thought I would bring this thread back to life since it was a topic of discussion during the game tonight and Hawk talked more or less about how nicknames just come to you at any moment depending on the situation.

To make my story short, I'll tell you that I was so pumped after Iguchi got his fourth hit in the 8th tonight that I shouted at the t.v, "Gooch your golden". After I said that, I looked at my dad and....you know the rest.

"The Golden Gooch"

I wanted to email Hawk and DJ, but I thought I would test it here first.

GO SOX!!

SpartanSoxFan
05-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Hmm...can you say...

"Goochy Goochy Goo.....?" :rolleyes:

Enough said.

WikdChiSoxFan
05-03-2005, 11:52 PM
TADAHITO NEEDS NO NICKNAME!!!

Tadahito has a perfectly good name...akin to Paulie (or if you want to call "Paulie" a nickname for Paul, then Buerhle)

Please follow the following instructions when cheering for Tadahito:

Although simple in formula, this cheer can cause serious injury someimes resulting in death or blown save for the opposing team....

Section you are sitting in recites the phrase:

TADA!!!

Adjacent Section recites the phrase:

HITO!!!

Your section responds with:

TADA!!!

Adjacent section's reaction:

HITO!!!

Repeat ad nauseum until Tadahito Iguchi belts in the amazing in-the-park grand slam to win the game...

(Fans note: This cheering technology is relatively new and may need some assisstance and fellow fan incentives to start....when in a situation where fans are confused as to who is shouting what...pick the loudest, craziest fan and have him start the cheer by saying, "I say "TADA" you say "HITO"..."TADA"...."HITO")

Although speeds and volume may vary, this cheer will more than likely always have positive results. Once the energy reaches an optimum level, prepare yourself...as you will soon be on your feet high-fiving, hugging, shouting, and scaring small children.

(Marketing research done in Sections 146 and 159 has successfully concluded that this cheer rocks, and that those who cheer along also rock. I suggest you rock.)

DoggPhood
05-04-2005, 12:33 AM
T.i.

SomebodyToldMe
05-04-2005, 12:40 AM
T.i.

Dear God...How come I never thought of that one?!

It would have been better if his number was 24. T.I. is the winner in my book.

VivaOzzie
05-04-2005, 12:44 AM
I voted Gooch, but when I watch the games and hes up I find myself saying "Come on Tads!" So Tads is natural for me, although I have once in a while said ""Come on Gooch!"

This will only last, of course, until the first time I hear Hawk say, "Come on _______!" But it will come with time.

BTW I like the idea for the - i say TADA - you say HITO - chant. If I hear it going on I'm in for sure.

TaylorStSox
05-04-2005, 12:49 AM
isnt "Gooch" another word for the taint?

could have swore i heard that from somewhere.. dont know if id like calling him that if thats true

Exactly. Voodoo and I had a discussion about this. "Gooch" is slang for a part of the body that I wouldn't want to be called. It's right up there with ass or (I'll refrain).

All Mr. Show fans are familiar with the taint. It's the SAME THING.

Anybody who's seen Jackass should be familiar with this. Gooch is a bad idea for a nickname. Alot of you guys care what Cubs fans think. Wait until they get a hold of that one.

Charno
05-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Battle Eye (http://www.sporsic.com/)

HAR-OLD
05-04-2005, 08:17 AM
i do like gooch and gucci, but i call him Tadahitman

PorkChopExpress
05-04-2005, 08:19 AM
I've been calling him Tito.

skottyj242
05-04-2005, 08:25 AM
A friend on mine and myself started a "Who's your Taddy?" chant after he hit the home run last night. What do you think?

RichFitztightly
05-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I like "Magnum T.I."

the gooch
05-04-2005, 01:55 PM
id better vote before i become obsolete.

whenever i hear "the gooch" i think of the simpsons softball game and the song at the end...
Well, Mr. Burns had done it.
The power plant had won it.
With Roger Clemens clucking
all the while.
Mike Scioscia's tragic illness
made us smile.
While Wade Boggs lay unconscious on
the barroom tile.

We're talkin'...Softball.
From Maine to San Diego.
Talkin'...Softball.
Mattingly and Canseco.
Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw.
Steve Sax and his run-in with the law.
We're talkin' Homer...
Ozzie, and the Straw.

we could rework the names, but i dont know many words that rhyme with the gooch.

simpsons tangent:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2779&stc=1"shave those sideburns, mattingly!"

ondafarm
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Anybody who wants to know why it is totally inappropriate to call any Japanese player "Gooch" please PM me. I just won't post it so that I don't get banned again, again.

ja1022
05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
T Goo

Tekijawa
05-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I say we call him Dave

Malgar 12
05-04-2005, 02:18 PM
The Gooch. The 'The' is very important.:bandance:

shaunburnette
05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Anybody who wants to know why it is totally inappropriate to call any Japanese player "Gooch" please PM me. I just won't post it so that I don't get banned again, again.

Gooch (slang) - Japanese slang for perineum or the area between the anus and genitals (in both males and females).

ondafarm
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
The Gooch. The 'The' is very important.:bandance:

No, makes it worse.

ja1022
05-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Gooch (slang) - Japanese slang for perineum or the area between the anus and genitals (in both males and females).

So then, I'm thinking calling him "The Perineum" is probably no good too.

TaylorStSox
05-04-2005, 02:46 PM
No, makes it worse.

Maybe you guys can reserve the nickname "Gooch" for the time's that he struggles. :redneck

Gooch is a bad idea guys. I can't stress it enough.

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Why does everyone have to have a nickname?

SoxxoS
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Why does everyone have to have a nickname?

Why, you think it gets annoying as I do, Foxy?

MeanFish
05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Aw man, I noticed there isn't a single mention of "Rad Tad."

Which brings me to "TI-15." That just sounds intimidating. Not to mention calculator-y :)

:tongue::bandance::supernana:

converted
05-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Section you are sitting in recites the phrase:

TADA!!!

Adjacent Section recites the phrase:

HITO!!!

Your section responds with:

TADA!!!

Adjacent section's reaction:

HITO!!!

HEY! THAT WAS MY IDEA!! :whiner: Oh well, guess I shoulda posted! I like it:tongue:

johnnyg83
05-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Gucci Goo

Cubsuck_a_lot
05-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Little OT here, but how did the OEO Magglio come about? Like what happened, did they just play OEO and the fans caught on...or did it take some time?

whenever he would come up to bat, nancy would play the O-E-O tune form that Oz movie. it pretty much caught on from there.

mweflen
05-04-2005, 03:54 PM
I was cheering "Get-A-Hit-O, Ta-da-hi-to!" last night. But maybe that's a little abstract.

I like Gucci. I also like the idea of co-opting the OEO chant for Gucci.

wildcat
05-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I was cheering "Get-A-Hit-O, Ta-da-hi-to!" last night. But maybe that's a little abstract.

Well, he got four hits last night, so it must have worked. :smile:

StrTrkker
05-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Maybe when Tadahito comes up to bat they should play the Tada wav. from AOL...

Or

Play Glen Frey's song The Heat is On...when he gets on base.

The Heat is on...
Ta-Da-Hi-Tos On

:tongue:

MRKARNO
05-04-2005, 05:12 PM
TA DA HI TO

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

TA DA HI TO

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

That's my choice :D:

TheBull19
05-04-2005, 10:16 PM
I like Gucci.

"Gucci" would be gay...
...not that there's anything wrong with that... but come on, no way should a white sox player be nicknamed after a frickin' fashion designer. I'd think that would go without saying, but I guess not.

wsbaseball9
05-04-2005, 10:21 PM
no it cant be gooch cuz thats the term the jackass guys use for the spot between ur two 'businesses'
cant be gooch

TheBull19
05-04-2005, 10:25 PM

No it's not, it's english and/or american slang. It's also slang for a mob boss or crime lord and a somewhat common last name

ElevenUp
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
I can't believe no one has come up with "T-Ig"