PDA

View Full Version : Things Every WSI Poster should know

voodoochile
07-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Folks, this is becoming an increasing problem. Please don't try to evade the language filters by intentionally misspelling words or only substituting one or two letters with "stars" or "pounds ".

In the future people who do this will have their posts deleted. You are free to use many words that can express frustrating feelings without going all the way to the basic four-letter ones that the system deletes.

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

For more information, please see the Code of Conduct (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/MainPages/ConductCode.htm) by clicking that link or the one at the bottom of every forum page.

Voodoo Edit: I am getting tired of editing people's post to take out a letter or two or three of people's swear words. This is the last warning. From now on, I am deleting posts that attempt to evade the language filters by only starring out one or two letters of the banned words.

voodoochile
09-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Just wanted to make one other point on this matter.

If any poster is pushing the boundaries on this language filter thing (and you know who you are) they will be warned to knock it off. The way you will be warned is two-fold. Your post will be deleted and the poster will be sent a "Private Message" telling them to knock it off or be banned.

It is each poster's responsibility to make sure they receive these communications from WSI staff. If you get warned and ignore those warnings, don't play dumb and claim you never saw them.

Ignorance of the warnings will NOT get you reinstated as a poster, period.

Make sure you are checking the e-mail address you registered with occasionally for messages and everyone should be checking their private messages by going to the main forums page or their User Control Panel ("user CP" - button at top right of every page in the group of other gray buttons, including "logout").

Get to know how to access these messages and pay attention when you receive one, or don't and take your chances. It's your call. Not all messages are warnings, it is a good means of communication in general and some messages may be helpful information about board features or even an offer to be a part of the WSI staff.

Remember, none of us enjoy banning regular posters, but none of us are afraid to do so if we feel it is warranted.

voodoochile
12-16-2004, 05:23 PM
There are some policy changes to announce here at WSI, so you should read this thread carefully. I will be locking it when I finish my post, but other mods and admins may add more information so you might want to check back from time to time.

None of this is really new, we are just going to be getting a bit stricter because we have received some complaints and we want to make WSI a place where everyone is welcome and where the baseball conversation actually is intelligent,

So, without further ado, here are some issues you folks need to be aware of:

1) There is just too much of a Boy's Locker Room feel to this site currently. Too many people are taking it upon themselves to comment freely on how sexy women are (duh) or to post links to sites that have images of naked women (not allowed) or just not bother to think about the women who post or might like to post here. Clean it up people. If all you have to add to the conversation is a dick joke or a "whoa baby check out the body on this girl" then go post it somewhere they care. We don't. Act like you've actually kissed a woman before in your life and that you have a Mom and maybe even a sister or two. Would your mom be happy with your post? If not, don't post it. If your Mom wouldn't care, ask yourself this qustion: Would Voodoo think I am out of line. If so, don't post it. I'm not your mom, merely the guy who will make your life miserable if you don't follow the rules.

2) What's with all the BS rumors recently people? Just because some poster on another site thinks something big is going to happen doesn't make it so. You got a trade suggestion, feel free to talk about it, but make sure your title is clear. It maybe better to talk about players you like in Talking Baseball and see what other people think instead of posting a thread suggesting a trade for said player. Don't be surprised if your posts get moved, merged or deleted. We don't like to be the site that starts unfounded rumors. You got a link to an article or you hear MORE THAN ONE media talking head mention something, feel free to talk about it, otherwise, please don't bother. The Sox aren't going to acquire ARod, Pedro and Schilling for 2 Minor league stiffs and Jon Garland.

3) Try to cut down on the constant harping on spell checks and punctuation. Yes, we all want a more legible board and people should learn to express themselves so they can be understood, but if someone makes a mistake, let's try to let it go.

4) Teal is for sarcasm 5 from the left, second from the top. Use it or risk being misunderstood. Misunderstandings are a good way to start a fight. Fights are a good way to get sent to the Roadhouse or banned altogether. Think before you post and think before you rise up in anger. You have an issue with another poster, talk to a mod or admin, but don't spam us with every single problem you encounter. We have lives and sometimes you deserve to get told off. When in doubt, walk away.

5) Most of these issues are covered in the Code of Conduct (http://www.flyingsock.com/MainPages/ConductCode.htm). You should read it. You should live it. You should learn to love it. Because, if you don't we'll be watching...

Thanks and let's all try to make WSI the best Sox site on the Internet. You can do it. We know you can. We can help.

Happy Holidays.

-WSI Staff

voodoochile
01-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Please limit all signature images to 15KB (15,000 bytes).

You can check the size of the image you want to use by right-clicking on it and selecting properties from the popup menu. The size should be listed there someplace.

This is well posted in the Code of Conduct (http://www.flyingsock.com/MainPages/ConductCode.htm) and long standing members should be already aware of this restriction.

Recently I have been sending 4-5 PM's a day to both regular and new members. I am tired of having to police something you folks should be policing yourselves.

From now on, moderators and admins will no longer take the time to contact you if your signature is too big. We will simply remove it, add a note that it was too large and if the poster continues to install signatures that are too large, they will simply be barred from having signatures at all.

It does not matter where the image is stored and there will be no exceptions.

voodoochile
05-02-2005, 05:03 PM
1) There is just too much of a Boy's Locker Room feel to this site currently. Too many people are taking it upon themselves to comment freely on how sexy women are (duh) or to post links to sites that have images of naked women (not allowed) or just not bother to think about the women who post or might like to post here. Clean it up people. If all you have to add to the conversation is a dick joke or a "whoa baby check out the body on this girl" then go post it somewhere they care. We don't. Act like you've actually kissed a woman before in your life and that you have a Mom and maybe even a sister or two. Would your mom be happy with your post? If not, don't post it. If your Mom wouldn't care, ask yourself this qustion: Would Voodoo think I am out of line. If so, don't post it. I'm not your mom, merely the guy who will make your life miserable if you don't follow the rules.

I am quoting and reposting this part of a previous post in this thread.

Read it. Learn it. Love it.

We have more female posters on this site than at any time in its history and I am not going to let a few idiots decide their opinions don't matter. You can start by checking out some of the people who got lengthy rips in the Roadhouse recently for dropping derogatory sexual references toward women into their posts.

Clean it up, people. I am not kidding.

voodoochile
05-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Just to be clear. No selling of any product for profit is allowed at WSI. If you want to trade or sell your Sox seats, you can do so in the Parking Lot, but only at face value. People who try to use these forumns to turn a profit on Sox seats will be banned for a minimum of 30 days.

I am done leaving messages for people regarding signature sizes. If you sig isn't up to spec, I will simply delete it and take away your signature privleges. There are plenty of places that talk about sig sizes including the Code of Conduct (http://www.flyingsock.com/MainPages/ConductCode.htm) at the bottom of each and every forums page. It is also listed in previous posts in this very thread.