PDA

View Full Version : Beatles Night?

FarmerAndy
01-28-2005, 08:00 AM
I thought I had heard that BEatles night was going to be Saturday, August 20th, against the Yankees. BUt the schedule has it listed as a day game on Fox. The White Sox website doesn't have it's promotions page updated yet.

Anybody know what's going on with that?

Hangar18
01-28-2005, 08:09 AM
I thought I had heard that BEatles night was going to be Saturday, August 20th, against the Yankees. BUt the schedule has it listed as a day game on Fox. The White Sox website doesn't have it's promotions page updated yet.

The next few weeks are probably going to see time changes because of TV
etc.

gosox41
01-28-2005, 08:10 AM

I don't know if there having Beatles Night or not. But it wouldn't surprise me since JR probably still has Rob Gallas on the payroll. At least with his Beatles cover band he can do something productive for the Sox....maybe.:D:

Bob

SSN721
01-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Them being my favorite band I would have to say I would love to see a Beatles night there. Not that I wouldnt be going to a Sox-Yankees game anyway, but just icing on the cake.

Ol' No. 2
01-28-2005, 08:47 AM
According to the promo schedule they sent out:

Friday, August 19th 7:05 New York Fireworks to Beatles Music
Saturday, August 20th 12:25 New York 40th anniversary of the Beatles at Comiskey Park

chisox2005
01-28-2005, 10:30 AM
According to the promo schedule they sent out:

Friday, August 19th 7:05 New York Fireworks to Beatles Music
Saturday, August 20th 12:25 New York 40th anniversary of the Beatles at Comiskey Park

I don't know why they would have special promotions during yankees games when the games are gonna be either sold out or close too. Why not do it when they are playing Tampa Bay or Kansas City to put some people in the seats.

Tekijawa
01-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I don't know why they would have special promotions during yankees games when the games are gonna be either sold out or close too. Why not do it when they are playing Tampa Bay or Kansas City to put some people in the seats.

Look at the second date, August 20th, for your answer... You can't change history, even if it means bigger bucks for Jerry... I'm sure he's tried!

JKryl
01-28-2005, 10:34 AM

According to the Sox schedule, there are actually 2 Beatle nights:

Friday, August 19th 7:05New York Fireworks to Beatles Music

Saturday, August 20th 12:25New York 40th anniversary of the Beatles at ComiskeyPark

chisox2005
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Look at the second date, August 20th, for your answer... You can't change history, even if it means bigger bucks for Jerry... I'm sure he's tried!

Ya, just caught that. My fault.

TornLabrum
01-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Isn't Gallas in a Beatles tribute band? Does that mean he'll be returning to the scene of his many crimes against humanity?

npdempse
01-28-2005, 02:27 PM

Promotions have corporate sponsorship. The sponsors want to reach as many people as possible. All the sweetest promotions are during weekend games against big draw teams.

Church Turtle
01-28-2005, 02:51 PM
The Sox could field their own version of the Fab Four.

Jon (Garland)
Paul (Konerko)
Ringo (Shingo?)
and Willie Harris (would you believe George Harris' son?):D:

(of course if Willie is gone he'll sort of be like Pete Best.)

Palehose13
01-28-2005, 03:04 PM
My dad was at the Beatles concert 40 years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't see the promo schedule before I bought my 13 game package, so I don't have the 20th. However, I do have the 19th, so maybe that'll be good enough for him. :smile: