PDA

View Full Version : Takatsu welcomes Iguchi

delben91
01-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Sort of. A paragraph at the bottom of a Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox28.html) article today.

Though their paths never crossed in Japan, Takatsu sent a note Thursday to Iguchi through the White Sox. It said: ''I think it was a wise choice to select the city of Chicago and the White Sox as your place to play baseball. Chicago is a very comfortable place to live, the fans of the team are great and the way the Sox play is very exciting. I'm sure you'll show the fans of Chicago your great abilities.

''Together, let's shoot for the World Series.''

Nice to see Shingo say such things about the fans.

Realist
01-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Sort of. A paragraph at the bottom of a Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox28.html) article today.

Should I be nervous? Have we all been stolen and replaced by alien space pods or have I just been believing too much of the garbage that's been written and said about us Sox fans over the years?

If I see Donald Sutherland pointing at me with his mouth wide open, I'm running like hell for Cal City and I ain't looking back.

Soxzilla
01-28-2005, 07:27 AM
:welcome: IGUCHI!

This season is going to be hoTT.:supernana:

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-28-2005, 07:38 AM

cool.

:buddylee <--I dont know why but i've never used that tag. i figure its now or never

davenicholson
01-28-2005, 07:41 AM
OK, somebody talk me down. I'm looking forward to this season like no other in a very long time. Of course, having been a Sox fan lo, these 40+ years, my expectations for the post season aren't high. However, my expectations for an exciting, well-played season are high. A mixture of speed at the top of the lineup, mixed in with a bit of power to follow and (dare I say it?)defense has this old geezer anxious for the season to begin. davenicholson, Jr. and I will definitely be watching more games on TV, and, who knows, maybe I'll break my 11 year, self-imposed exile from Sox park. Optimism reigns supreme at the casa davenicholson!

SSN721
01-28-2005, 08:22 AM
OK, somebody talk me down. I'm looking forward to this season like no other in a very long time. Of course, having been a Sox fan lo, these 40+ years, my expectations for the post season aren't high. However, my expectations for an exciting, well-played season are high. A mixture of speed at the top of the lineup, mixed in with a bit of power to follow and (dare I say it?)defense has this old geezer anxious for the season to begin. davenicholson, Jr. and I will definitely be watching more games on TV, and, who knows, maybe I'll break my 11 year, self-imposed exile from Sox park. Optimism reigns supreme at the casa davenicholson!

I'm not going to talk you down, but I am sure you will have at least a dozen here that will tell you how wrong you are to have any excitement or hope for the coming season. I am completely with you, I cant think of a time in my life I was so invigorated and excited by the offseason and waited for opening day with such excitement and hope. They might not go all the way, but I do agree this should be a very exciting team to watch. :bandance: Yay for optimism.:D:

MisterB
01-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Should I be nervous? Have we all been stolen and replaced by alien space pods or have I just been believing too much of the garbage that's been written and said about us Sox fans over the years?

If I see Donald Sutherland pointing at me with his mouth wide open, I'm running like hell for Cal City and I ain't looking back.

http://www.geocities.com/catzeye94109/BodySnatcherSutherlandEndScene.jpg

:)

MushMouth
01-28-2005, 09:38 AM

You forgot to mention 2 aces at the top of our pitching staff and a solid 3-5. Oh, also, the sunshine and cold beer.

I can't wait! :gulp:

Church Turtle
01-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Nice that the fans are getting some props, but I like the optimism.
I liked it so much, I changed my signature. :D:

BigEdWalsh
01-28-2005, 09:50 AM

Too cool. How about the Sox just work on having an all-Japanese team? :cool:

SoxFanTillDeath
01-28-2005, 10:03 AM
:D: I'm right there with you both. I can't wait for the season to start! I'm gonna be living at the Cell...Go Sox! :D:

Mickster
01-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm also soooooo excited!!!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1606

mweflen
01-28-2005, 10:17 AM

No parade raining here. This is the completest team I've seen in my years of Sox fandom (nowhere near as many as yours.) It's a weird feeling.... this.... "optimism"... :smile:

chisoxmike
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Yeah, but if the Sox lose on Opening Day we're all be saying the "Sky is falling", "this team sucks" blah blah blah.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but if the Sox lose on Opening Day we're all be saying the "Sky is falling", "this team sucks" blah blah blah.

Excellent point. One thing to keep in mind, this team will have its streaks, both good and bad. Let's wait out the naysayers and see what position this team is in on June 1 before we start firing the cannons to sink the ship.

Brian26
01-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Too cool. How about the Sox just work on having an all-Japanese team? :cool:

Maybe we can pick up Tuffy Rhodes and Warren Crommartie as outfield reserves. Their OBP can't be much worse than Borchard's.

Brian26
01-28-2005, 11:57 AM
No parade raining here. This is the completest team I've seen in my years of Sox fandom (nowhere near as many as yours.) It's a weird feeling.... this.... "optimism"... :smile:

On paper, I loved the team we had in the 2nd half of 2003 (except for the damn 5th starter spot). The roster we have now, though, looks very, very solid.