PDA

View Full Version : KW Just on the Score

Viva Medias B's
01-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I just caught Kenny Williams saying goodbye to Telander-Hood-Buffone. Does anyone know what KW said?

jabrch
01-27-2005, 04:07 PM
The key that I heard was that he said that he had to go back to JR to get "a few more million" in order to make this roster happen.

He talked about Willie a bit - saying that he warned him in August that he wasn't happy with what he was seeing - so Harris should have known KW was shopping to replace him. He still has hopes that Harris can be a part of this team.

Frank will be ready to start working out in March. He lost some weight per Rowand. KW isn't sure if he will be ready to go by opening day, but having Everett and Gload leaves him flexibility in case Frank isn't ready to go.

Ol' No. 2
01-27-2005, 04:13 PM
The key that I heard was that he said that he had to go back to JR to get "a few more million" in order to make this roster happen.

He talked about Willie a bit - saying that he warned him in August that he wasn't happy with what he was seeing - so Harris should have known KW was shopping to replace him. He still has hopes that Harris can be a part of this team.

Frank will be ready to start working out in March. He lost some weight per Rowand. KW isn't sure if he will be ready to go by opening day, but having Everett and Gload leaves him flexibility in case Frank isn't ready to go.:reinsy A few more million??? And Hangar wants bobbleheads of every Sox player who ever lived!!! What am I, made of money?

batmanZoSo
01-27-2005, 04:19 PM

Frank will be ready to start working out in March. He lost some weight per Rowand. KW isn't sure if he will be ready to go by opening day, but having Everett and Gload leaves him flexibility in case Frank isn't ready to go.

That's good news. At least it's "in case" and not a given. Hopefully he'll only miss a few weeks.

NSSoxFan
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
That's good news. At least it's "in case" and not a given. Hopefully he'll only miss a few weeks.

Yea. I've always held out hope that Frank would make it back by opening day. I remember Herm saying that he might be able to go, but the opposite from Ozzie. Hopefully, if he does miss time, it will only be a week or two.

Hangar18
01-27-2005, 05:14 PM

OK.......What thread was it, Where I Implied that KW mustve "Asked" Uncle
Jerry for a couple more million to make this roster happen? This goes
along with what I said all along, they were playing a Fiscal Shell Game,
and that the numbers were STILL showing the Payroll a bit higher.

Iwritecode
01-28-2005, 11:17 AM

I'm quite suprised that this thread hasn't gotten more replies than it has. Did everyone miss the part where KW asked JR to raise the payroll and he agreed?!? As much as everyone complains about that, you'd think it'd be huge news...

Also, KW talked to Willie himself back in August that he wasn't happy with what he was seeing. So after that, trading for Alomar twice, getting Uribe, going after Visquel, getting Pods to take over leadoff duties and now getting Iguchi Willie STILL has the nerve to ask suprised and hurt that he's not getting a fair chance?

How many proverbial sticks do they have to hit him over the head with until he gets the point?!?

SOXintheBURGH
01-28-2005, 11:20 AM

:breathing sigh of relief:

Few weeks missed is A LOT better than "Frank will be back sometime around the All-Star break."

The Big Squirt
01-28-2005, 11:20 AM
How many proverbial sticks do they have to hit him over the head with until he gets the point?!?

The real problem here is that Willie "sticks" on the base too much (when he actually gets there). I thoght that last year when we were out of it that ozzie would just send him everytime to try to get him used to going. I guess willie can't go wee (wee wee all the way home...hell he can't make it to second)

chaz171
01-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Harris
then Alomar
Then Harris
Then Uribe
Then Harris
Then Alomar
Then Harris
Then Iguchi

For it's one, two, three, four strikes your out????

This guy has had more chances than Steve Howe.................

Ship him out for a verteran Utility infielder......

DaveIsHere
01-28-2005, 12:02 PM
I am sure this is false, but my nieghbor said that he heard Bruce Wolf say that the Sox are the mystery team for shammy.....I laughed in his face, did anyone else hear this. How stupid are these people.

Brian26
01-28-2005, 12:05 PM
I am sure this is false, but my nieghbor said that he heard Bruce Wolf say that the Sox are the mystery team for shammy.....I laughed in his face, did anyone else hear this. How stupid are these people.

Had to have been a joke. Wolf is smarter than that. Hopefully Kenny Williams is too. I'm fairly confident he is.

BainesHOF
01-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Willie Harris thinks and talks like he plays - dumb.

gosox41
01-28-2005, 12:24 PM

That's hilarious. Never going to happen. But if it does, I'll go officially back to hating KW.

Bob

Ol' No. 2
01-28-2005, 12:48 PM
I am sure this is false, but my nieghbor said that he heard Bruce Wolf say that the Sox are the mystery team for shammy.....I laughed in his face, did anyone else hear this. How stupid are these people.Tell your neighbor to give the crack pipe a rest. The only team that MIGHT be willing to take Shammy is one with another albatross of a contract that they can send back to the Cubs. Leaves out the Sox.

tacosalbarojas
01-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Also, KW talked to Willie himself back in August that he wasn't happy with what he was seeing. So after that, trading for Alomar twice, getting Uribe, going after Visquel, getting Pods to take over leadoff duties and now getting Iguchi Willie STILL has the nerve to ask suprised and hurt that he's not getting a fair chance?

How many proverbial sticks do they have to hit him over the head with until he gets the point?!? He was trying to trick himself, Hawk stylee. Didn't work.