PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi signing e-mail from Sox...

jabrch
01-27-2005, 02:05 PM
"CHICAGO Free agent infielder Tadahito Iguchi (ta-da-HEAT-o ig-GOO-chee) and the Chicago White Sox have agreed to terms on a two-year, $4.95 million contract. The agreement was announced this afternoon by Ken Williams, White Sox general manager, after Iguchi underwent a physical examination by White Sox team doctors. "

General Manager Kenny Williams (ke-KNEE WILL-yums) and owner Jerry Reinsdorf (ger-REE RINES-dorf) were very pleased.

mjharrison72
01-27-2005, 04:25 PM
"CHICAGO Free agent infielder Tadahito Iguchi (ta-da-HEAT-o ig-GOO-chee) and the Chicago White Sox have agreed to terms on a two-year, $4.95 million contract. The agreement was announced this afternoon by Ken Williams, White Sox general manager, after Iguchi underwent a physical examination by White Sox team doctors. "

General Manager Kenny Williams (ke-KNEE WILL-yums) and owner Jerry Reinsdorf (ger-REE RINES-dorf) were very pleased.
:roflmao:
I thought the same thing... I know it's a foreign name and all, but we're not complete idiots!

Realist
01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
:roflmao:
I thought the same thing... I know it's a foreign name and all, but we're not complete idiots!

Obviously you haven't been to many Tuesday nite games. :redneck

A. Cavatica
01-27-2005, 08:05 PM
I once (1986ish?) got my hands on a White Sox media guide...all the players' names had those quasi-phonetic pronunciations. I think it's probably ingrained in the media drones to put that out, and it has nothing to do with Iguchi being Japanese. Lots of broadcasters for other teams still mispronounce Crede...

Hokiesox
01-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Wouldn't it be (Jer-REE RINES-dorf)?

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-27-2005, 10:48 PM
its gotta have a french accent
(cher-EE-RYENZ-Doorfuh)

SSN721
01-28-2005, 08:18 AM
I once (1986ish?) got my hands on a White Sox media guide...all the players' names had those quasi-phonetic pronunciations. I think it's probably ingrained in the media drones to put that out, and it has nothing to do with Iguchi being Japanese. Lots of broadcasters for other teams still mispronounce Crede...

I think my favorite is when they go to Yankee Stadium. They always announce him as Joe Creeeed. Good ole Bob Sheppard. Still no Gene Honda:D:

MisterB
01-28-2005, 09:33 AM

Actually it's prononced (chee-PASS BAST-urd)