PDA

View Full Version : Renovation Pix: Scout Seats

Baby Fisk
01-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Sorry if this was posted before, but there are some photos of the early scout seating renovations on the Sox MLB site (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/index.jsp). Link to the "renovations gallery" is near the bottom of the page. It's nothing too dramatic at this point.

Anyone have any more renovation pix?

Iwritecode
01-27-2005, 12:56 PM
After I steal the jetpack from the secret military base I'll fly around and grab some pics...

:tongue:

Clembasbal
01-27-2005, 01:35 PM
For one thing, I see a ton of blue seats still there...are the Sox gradually fading those out this year so it is finished by the end of the year, or are they doing it all at once?

The second thing, in picture number 8...is that guy peeing?

anewman35
01-27-2005, 01:46 PM
For one thing, I see a ton of blue seats still there...are the Sox gradually fading those out this year so it is finished by the end of the year, or are they doing it all at once?

Scout seats, the club level, and bleachers will be done by opening day. The upper deck will be done during the season, the lower deck next off-season.

maurice
01-27-2005, 02:39 PM
They've posted more detail concerning the pricing. The first row is $200, while the other rows are at the bargain price of $170. However, that price includes "premium reserved parking," "premium buffet" in the new restaurant "with all beverages included," and "[s]elf-service island featuring popcorn, ice cream, peanuts, soda, water, etc."

MUsoxfan
01-27-2005, 02:54 PM
That's actually not a bad price. The team on the northside has pretty much the same prices and it includes NOTHING.

maurice
01-27-2005, 03:21 PM
If "all beverages" includes alcohol, I'm sure there are a few folks around here who could turn that $170 price tag into a pretty good value.

MUsoxfan
01-27-2005, 03:28 PM
If "all beverages" includes alcohol, I'm sure there are a few folks around here who could turn that $170 price tag into a pretty good value.

I paid $250 to sit in a skybox for the Friday Cub/Sox game last year. Between food, booze, and the convenience factor the $250 was worth it

chaz171
01-27-2005, 03:54 PM
$200/5= 40 beers.

Bargain

Cubsuck_a_lot
01-27-2005, 04:29 PM
$200/5= 40 beers.

Bargain

id rather grab 2 30's of The House for $30 and buy me a $25 tick. If you can afford to buy a $250 seat, then your obviously too old to down 40 beers. sorry boys.

Whitesox029
01-27-2005, 04:35 PM
The second thing, in picture number 8...is that guy peeing?
I would say he's drilling as evidenced by the cord he is apparently holding the end of and that the snow at his feet is unmolested. Hahahahahaha good observation though :D:.

NSSoxFan
01-27-2005, 04:35 PM
The scout seats are only for season ticket holders, correct? If not, I would love to sit there for a game or two.

MUsoxfan
01-27-2005, 04:43 PM
id rather grab 2 30's of The House for $30 and buy me a $25 tick. If you can afford to buy a $250 seat, then your obviously too old to down 40 beers. sorry boys.

I'm 23 and I really can't afford it more than once or twice a year, but this is how I justified the expense of that $250 skybox ticket for the Cubs/Sox game.

1. I really wasn't gonna be able to find a decent ticket on eBay or anywhere else for less than $100. So a skybox is a better seat than anything lower box I'd find so I'll say the seat is worth $125

2. I like to "drink for the cycle" at certain games. (beer an inning for 9 innings) 9 x $5.75= $51.75 Total cost so far $176.75 assuming I ONLY have 9 beers

3. Food isn't inexpensive either with a normal seat. So in the skybox I'd have a couple sandwiches or whatever else. I'll round up and say the food is $25. Right there that's $201.75

4. Parking pass is my share of $16 usually 25%. $205.75

5. Convenience of not having to wait in line for food, drink, and restrooms is worth at least the remaining $45 to me.

It's not something to do everyday, but I can justify that for 1 or 2 Big games per year. People/companies with much more money can afford to do that everyday for less money in the scout seats.

ChicagoHoosier
01-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Didn't they used to just be called good seats? Seats behind the plate?

Now every stadium blocks off this section, allows you to get access to the "secret area" for food and drinks, and charges you an arm and a leg for them.

I miss the old days!

StillMissOzzie
01-27-2005, 05:11 PM
2. I like to "drink for the cycle" at certain games. (beer an inning for 9 innings) 9 x $5.75= $51.75 Total cost so far $176.75 assuming I ONLY have 9 beers

I did this ONCE, back at old Comiskey, in my youth in 1977. Then, the game went extra innings (no 7th inning cutoff in the good old days). Then one more at McCuddy's to celebrate the victory by a Jorge Orta HR.

Not a pretty sight.

SMO
:gulp:

Edit: Of course, the beer was a lot cheaper then...

Realist
01-27-2005, 05:19 PM
My brother and I are full season ticket holders, but we're not in the scout seats. I'd like to get a couple of scout seats for my brother for his birthday. Does anybody know if this is possible? I'd call our rep but my brother is the one that deals with him and I don't want to raise suspicions by asking him for the guy's number.

NSSoxFan
01-27-2005, 06:38 PM
My brother and I are full season ticket holders, but we're not in the scout seats. I'd like to get a couple of scout seats for my brother for his birthday. Does anybody know if this is possible? I'd call our rep but my brother is the one that deals with him and I don't want to raise suspicions by asking him for the guy's number.

I was wondering the same thing. I would imagine that ticket brokers will have them for sure. Depending on the amount that are sold, the Sox might sell them, right?

dickallen15
01-27-2005, 09:27 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I would imagine that ticket brokers will have them for sure. Depending on the amount that are sold, the Sox might sell them, right?

I don't think ticketbrokers will have them. I was talking to a broker last year about the Wrigley seats which IIRC are $250. They don't want them unless its a big weekend series because they can't make money on them, and if they have to eat them, its a pretty big bite. Basically, like the Cubs did with their high end seats, the White Sox are taking ticketbrokers out of the equation with these seats, ie scalping their own tickets.