PDA

View Full Version : Wristbands

steff
01-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi guys..

I got the extra wristbands for those of you that PM'd me asking for them.

To pay using PayPal (which I would prefer) it's $2.76 per writsband. That's $2 for the band, $0.37 for shipping, and $0.39 for PayPal fees (0.30 + 0.09 transaction fee). I am not passing along the shipping fees that the Sox charged me.. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif .

My Paypal ID is steff3603, and email is steff3603@aol.com. I will mail it out as soon as I get payment. And if you wouldn't mind including your SN from here so I can mark you off the list as I send them out.

Mods.. if it's ok, can you stick this for a couple days so those who wanted one can see it. Thanks.

CPditka
01-27-2005, 03:02 PM
If we didnt PM you can we still PayPal you to get one? extras?

Thanks for the help!

steff
01-27-2005, 04:12 PM
If we didnt PM you can we still PayPal you to get one? extras?

Thanks for the help!

Yes. I got 29 requests and I ordered 50 so I have plenty extra. I figured that maybe some didn't see my initial comments that I was ordering them.

Also.. thanks for pinning this for me.
Also #2, George.. I LOVE the new Patron graphic!! :wink:

markopat
01-27-2005, 08:59 PM
THANK YOU...Money has been sent via PayPal!
:supernana:

Centerfield33
01-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Steff.... Do you still have some left? I would love to get 5 and I have a Paypal account. Let me know and you'll have the money immediately. Thanks!!!!!!

steff
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Steff.... Do you still have some left? I would love to get 5 and I have a Paypal account. Let me know and you'll have the money immediately. Thanks!!!!!!

I do.

I'm sending them all out tomorrow that have sent payment so you all should have them depending on where you live no later than Wednesday.

Centerfield33
01-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Thank you Steff..... money has been sent!

tromcoe
01-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Take good care of your wrist bands, and leave them on. Mine broke when I was taking it off the other night. I guess you can't expect much for $2.00. Good thing I bought extra!!:whiner:

steff
01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey guys.. bad news... I'm out of wristbands. :(:

But.. there's good news.. thanks to the overwhelming generosity of many of the posters who paid for them.. including one person who paid $10 for ONE wristband (I didn't want to name you in case you didn't want me to, but you know who you are and I thank you!!!) to cover the cost of the shipping... I am going to order more since I am still getting PM's for them. Over 60 people requested them!! So Monday morning I am going to order more for those of you that have PM'd me today I have you included in the re-order and you WILL be first to get them. So for anyone who wants them just PM me and as soon as you PayPal they will be mailed out.

Same as before.. $2.76 per wristband, and then I wont be ordering anymore. Any $$ more than the $2.76 I will be donating back to the Sox Wives Food Drive as a Gift Card from Jewel in the name of WSI and Soxtalk.

Thank you guys so much. And thank you also for all the kind words in your messages on your PayPal payments. If I get time (and I am going to try to) I am going to send all of you emails back personally thanking you.. I'm happy to do it, especially for you out of town Sox fans. I'm proud to be part of a group of such great people.

Steff

Brian26
01-30-2005, 11:22 AM
People helping people, that's what its all about. :D:

TornLabrum
01-30-2005, 11:46 AM

Thanks, Wally!

Brian26
01-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks, Wally!

I don't even live in Tinley Park!

DrCrawdad
01-30-2005, 01:11 PM

http://www.radiohof.org/cards/wallyphillips.jpg
You've learned from me. Hat's off, and other head coverings, to Bud Light for this tribute to me and Ronnie Santo. (http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Bud%20Light%20Presents%20Real%20American%20Heroes% 20-%20Mr.%20Really%20Bad%20Toupee%20Wearer.mp3)

steff
01-30-2005, 06:43 PM

I just have to say.. as I just checked my Paypal account to see how many more I need to order.. the genorisity flowing here is amazing. To those of you that paid today... thank you so much. I was thinking.. maybe as the food drive gets closer maybe we can do another donation..? Hal.. maybe WCSF can get involved and do a joint thing..?

TornLabrum
01-30-2005, 07:26 PM
I just have to say.. as I just checked my Paypal account to see how many more I need to order.. the genorisity flowing here is amazing. To those of you that paid today... thank you so much. I was thinking.. maybe as the food drive gets closer maybe we can do another donation..? Hal.. maybe WCSF can get involved and do a joint thing..?

Probably the biggest problem is logistical. Most of our money is collected at events, and that is advertised as going to CBCC, so that's where we really have to put it. It's really pretty difficult to solicit funds from the membership otherwise. However, one thing we MIGHT be able to do is put a blurb in the newsletter letting people know how they can contribute.

If you can put together some kind of proposal and can email it to me, I can put it up before the executive board.

steff
02-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Guys.. apparently some people have been getting their wristbands with an additional $0.12 due in postage. My apologies if this has happened to you. When I took them to the PO they weighed them and assured me they would not require more. Had I known, I would have charged appropriately and not bothered you all with that hassle. Again my apologies.

ewokpelts
02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Guys.. apparently some people have been getting their wristbands with an additional $0.12 due in postage. My apologies if this has happened to you. When I took them to the PO they weighed them and assured me they would not require more. Had I known, I would have charged appropriately and not bothered you all with that hassle. Again my apologies.
Steff,
You can correct this by lowering the class for shipping. 2nd or even 3rd class mail will still travel pretty fast if your mailing out in the Chicago area.
Gene

steff
02-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Steff,
You can correct this by lowering the class for shipping. 2nd or even 3rd class mail will still travel pretty fast if your mailing out in the Chicago area.
Gene

I said.. "just like a letter"... I should have known it was too easy. :rolleyes:

Palehose13
02-01-2005, 04:15 PM

Well I'm glad I didn't get my wristband from you! 12 cents! Steff, Steff, Steff... *shakes head in disbelief*

:wink:

steff
02-02-2005, 05:16 PM
For those interested.. tomorrow is the last day to Paypal me $$ for wristbands.

Thanks, Steff

MrRoboto83
02-04-2005, 04:31 PM
For those interested.. tomorrow is the last day to Paypal me $$ for wristbands.

Thanks, Steff

Thanks for taking the time to do all this work!! We all owe you a beverage or two :gulp:

steff
02-05-2005, 08:21 AM
All wristbands ordered are in the mail.

I have 10 left which I am going to put on eBay at a cost of $2.00 and $0.50 for shipping (others are charging as much as $3.00 :angry: ). As of right now $62 is going towards the White Sox Food Drive. Anything made on eBay will be added to that fund.

Thanks guys.

I'm sure the Sox will appreciate the donation

spawn
02-05-2005, 02:57 PM
All wristbands ordered are in the mail.

I have 10 left which I am going to put on eBay at a cost of $2.00 and $0.50 for shipping (others are charging as much as $3.00 :angry: ). As of right now $62 is going towards the White Sox Food Drive. Anything made on eBay will be added to that fund.

Thanks guys.

I'm sure the Sox will appreciate the donation

Actually, there are a couple being sold for $7.00, and one Buy It Now for $10($9.99). Last week, I saw someone selling one for $15.00. Talk about defeating the purpose of the wristbands!

markopat
02-05-2005, 06:39 PM

It was SO worth the extra $.12 Steff...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

My boys haven't taken theirs off since they arrived!

mark :bandance:

steff
02-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Actually, there are a couple being sold for $7.00, and one Buy It Now for $10($9.99). Last week, I saw someone selling one for $15.00. Talk about defeating the purpose of the wristbands!

That really ticks me off. I was kind of uncomfortable selling them for $3 (cost, shipping, and paypal fees) Like I said.. anything over that goes back to the Sox.

steff
02-05-2005, 07:27 PM
It was SO worth the extra $.12 Steff...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

My boys haven't taken theirs off since they arrived!

mark :bandance:

Awesome!! I'm so glad I did this. The thanks from so many of you has been soooo worth it. Thanks guys!

jake27
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
are there any more? i just lost my wristband :(:

WinningUgly!
02-10-2005, 08:56 PM
are there any more? i just lost my wristband :(:

Did you check on your other arm? :redneck

Jerry_Manuel
02-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Did you check on your other arm? :redneck

Haha.

"Yeah, I found it in the last place I looked." Well, of course you did...:D:

jake27
02-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Haha.

"Yeah, I found it in the last place I looked." Well, of course you did...:D:

i wish it were there

nug0hs
02-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Does anyone think they will be selling them @ Comiskey? I don't really need 5 of them. If orders are strong they will probably sell them at the gift shops or something but then again, do you think it will be more expensive there? Any ideas are welcome.

1000ml
02-14-2005, 08:47 AM
You can order them direct from whitesox.com now:

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/forms/wristbands_form.jsp

fusillirob1983
02-14-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm hoping they sell them at the ballpark. It's $5 to get it shipped when ordering online.