PDA

View Full Version : Hat Promo - what year?

Church Turtle
01-27-2005, 07:21 AM
I have been married for almost 14 years. When I first met my wife's brother I was wearing my SOX cap (The throw-back curly-Q white "C" on navy blue with the red bill.) He, being a sensible long-time SOX fan, imediately welcomed me into the family. When we got married he was a junior in high school, he died in a car crash before Christmas that same year.
After his death his family put his favorite SOX cap in the casket, I believe, and threw away or gave away all of his other caps. They gave me a couple of them, and now I'm wondering when one of them was given out as a promo at old Comiskey.
Here is the description... White cordoroy ball cap. It has an ACE hardware logo on the underside of the bill. And the front of the cap says
So when were they given out?

TheBull19
01-27-2005, 09:43 AM
I have been married for almost 14 years. When I first met my wife's brother I was wearing my SOX cap (The throw-back curly-Q white "C" on navy blue with the red bill.) He, being a sensible long-time SOX fan, imediately welcomed me into the family. When we got married he was a junior in high school, he died in a car crash before Christmas that same year.
After his death his family put his favorite SOX cap in the casket, I believe, and threw away or gave away all of his other caps. They gave me a couple of them, and now I'm wondering when one of them was given out as a promo at old Comiskey.
Here is the description... White cordoroy ball cap. It has an ACE hardware logo on the underside of the bill. And the front of the cap says
So when were they given out?

I used to have one of those, not really sure, but if I had to guess it would've been about '87.