PDA

View Full Version : New Traditions for New Players

Takatsufan
01-26-2005, 09:34 PM
We need to come up with new traditions for the many new players on our roster. For example, we have lost the famed "oeo magglio chant" for magglio ordonez, and the "jose jose jose' chant for jose valentin. Is there anything we could do that would be unique and original? :?:

daslobo
01-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Someone on Whitesox.com had a great one

"ooooo eeee ooooo taaaaa dahito"

BRDSR
01-26-2005, 11:58 PM

"ooooo eeee ooooo taaaaa dahito"

I know someone is going to tell me that I need to stop living in the past, and get over the fact that Magglio broke up with me and just wish him a happy rest of his life, but I think this should only be done when Magglio comes back to the Cell for the first time. He'll hear the OO EE OO and think that we still love him, and then he'll hear Taaaaa dahito and realize that we were just playing him like a fiddle. That would be fun.

tacosalbarojas
01-27-2005, 12:01 AM

"ooooo eeee ooooo taaaaa dahito" I've got to think the gongs are going to be out in full force with Tadahito, seeing as how much we embraced them for Shingo last year. That is, unless Iguchi-san sees that as disrespectful.

kaufsox
01-27-2005, 12:38 AM
I kind of like a "guuuuch" sort of thing. Kind of like "Bruuuuce." Something for Pods might be a little more tricky.

Palehose13
01-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I guess I'm one where "traditions" aren't really planned. IIRC, "Kiss him goodbye" started because of a group of fans in the bleachers that started singing "Minnesota, Minnesota, Hey, hey, hey goodbye" (or was it California?). I'm also guessing that Haaaaaaa-rold wasn't planned either.

However, I suppose if you get a group of us that plans something and it catches on with 20K+ that is how a tradition starts.

Ugh...it's too early(in the morning when I wrote this).

JUribe1989
01-27-2005, 09:08 AM
O E O Tada-hito is complete genius. I can't wait to do that at the games.

davenicholson
01-27-2005, 09:22 AM
... we have lost the famed "oeo magglio chant" for magglio ordonez, and the "jose jose jose' chant for jose valentin...
Man, if nothing else, not having to hear those two embarassing (IMO) chants during Sox games is at least one positive result to come out of Williams' off-season moves! :wink:

mjharrison72
01-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I know someone is going to tell me that I need to stop living in the past, and get over the fact that Magglio broke up with me and just wish him a happy rest of his life, but I think this should only be done when Magglio comes back to the Cell for the first time. He'll hear the OO EE OO and think that we still love him, and then he'll hear Taaaaa dahito and realize that we were just playing him like a fiddle. That would be fun.
I think we need to ditch the O-E-O chant. Other ballparks have ripped it off, and it will always remind us of Magglio. And not in a good way.
Originality is a good thing.

mjharrison72
01-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I guess I'm one where "traditions" aren't really planned. IIRC, "Kiss him goodbye" started because of a group of fans in the bleachers that started singing "Minnesota, Minnesota, Hey, hey, hey goodbye" (or was it California?). I'm also guessing that Haaaaaaa-rold wasn't planned either.

However, I suppose if you get a group of us that plans something and it catches on with 20K+ that is how a tradition starts.

Ugh...it's too early.
I couldn't agree more... we have to see what people come up with, but modifying current chants for future use is not really "starting a tradition."

mweflen
01-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, I think Jermaine's intro music should always be Guns 'N Roses' cover of "Live and Let Dye"...

Mickster
01-27-2005, 11:13 AM
O E O Tada-hito is complete genius. I can't wait to do that at the games.

I suggest we reserve the OEO chants for Maggs when he comes back to the cell.

Examples:

ooooooeeeeeeoooo Wanted Mo, ooooooeeeeeeoooo

or

ooooooeeeeeeoooo Money Ho, ooooooeeeeeeoooo

Sad
01-27-2005, 11:18 AM
:rolling:
Good one!

BlackSox
01-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Well played, Mickster!

HomeFish
01-27-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm sure Brooks will come up with something. How many of us anticipated Shingotime at this point last year?

StillMissOzzie
01-27-2005, 04:46 PM
A little night music:

"Turning Japanese" by The Vapors for Iguchi
"Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult for Scott "Podzilla" Podsednick
I liked the "Live and Let Die" suggestion for Jermaine Dye
Some polka music for AJ Pierzynski?

SMO
:gulp:

ChicagoHoosier
01-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Well, I think Jermaine's intro music should always be Guns 'N Roses' cover of "Live and Let Dye"...

Love this one!

Also agree with other poster that they are best when the naturally develop and not pre-conceived.

Drunk_at_Jimbos
01-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Shingo do your THINGO!

jenmcm76
01-27-2005, 05:59 PM
This one might be kinda obvious, but anytime Iguchi makes a good play - either at the plate or on the field - they should do a "Ta-da!" graphic on the scoreboard. They could play "Turning Japanese" by The Vapors (as previously mentioned), but I suggest "Mr. Roboto" by Styx when he comes to the plate.

Church Turtle
01-28-2005, 04:13 PM
A little night music:

Some polka music for AJ Pierzynski?

Which polka though? The Beer Barrel Polka is probably the most famous. "Who Stole the Kieshka" is one of my personal favorites. I think my vote is "The Too Fat Polka". I can imagine Nancy Faust cranking it out even as I type this. And I'll have kraut on my Brat too. thanks.:bandance:

SoxBoy14
01-28-2005, 04:22 PM
This one might be kinda obvious, but anytime Iguchi makes a good play - either at the plate or on the field - they should do a "Ta-da!" graphic on the scoreboard. They could play "Turning Japanese" by The Vapors (as previously mentioned), but I suggest "Mr. Roboto" by Styx when he comes to the plate.

I like the Mr. Roboto idea and someone said earlier about playing "Live and let Dye" both I think are great. I say every time Iguchi hits a homerun the scoreboard shows a clip of Godzilla ripping apart the city of the away team(if it's the cubs then it can just be Wrigleyville)

Mickster
01-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I say every time Iguchi hits a homerun the scoreboard shows a clip of Godzilla ripping apart the city of the away team(if it's the cubs then it can just be Wrigleyville)

How about they put this on the scoreboard:

http://groups.haas.berkeley.edu/mecca/LongDuckDong.jpg

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-28-2005, 05:43 PM
That made my day Mickster....LOVE IT.

Sox Laundry Guy
01-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Although this is a forced effort for fans, it does seem like people want to get with the team right from the start.

Come on...admit it. The 3/4/5 spots are what you got pumped up about. This year, we look average-above average at every position...fans will be pumped all around. We all got a brand new chemistry set.

Nevertheless. Brooks and has to do something for Pods. Something with iPod maybe? or SPODS?

jerry myers
01-29-2005, 03:04 PM
yes drop the O E O stuff thats done something will come .

jerry myers
01-29-2005, 03:06 PM
I think chanting POD POD POD POD POD simple and cool.

jerry myers
01-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Or P O D P O D P O D P O D

jerry myers
01-29-2005, 03:16 PM
It could stand for Podsednik Over Drive P O D.any other thoughts on that?

jerry myers
01-29-2005, 03:26 PM
What does the band P O D stand for ?

oeo
01-29-2005, 03:41 PM
I think chanting POD POD POD POD POD simple and cool.

Or just "Scottie", much like Paulie.

Palehose13
01-29-2005, 04:11 PM
It is so obvious that we're not at all excited about getting the season started. :wink:

Andy T Clown
01-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I always wanted Santana's Jingo to bring in Shingo.:gulp:

santo=dorf
01-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Or just "Scottie", much like Paulie.

Now, now, now. Only Cubs fans give nicknames to their players that end in "ie."

"POD POD POD POD POD"
:?:

FightingBillini
01-29-2005, 11:25 PM
I say every time Iguchi hits a homerun the scoreboard shows a clip of Godzilla ripping apart the city of the away team(if it's the cubs then it can just be Wrigleyville)

Im not the biggest fan of that idea. Im not going to be a jack-ass and say its racist, because its not, but it is just soo cliche. It seems like Godzilla is all Americans know about Japanese culture, and Im sure its not such a big part any more. Like, imagine if an American player went to Japan and they always showed hot dogs on the big screen because "Americans love hot dogs".

Maybe at Giants games when Jason Schmidt strikes someone out, they can show a clip from Baywatch. As everyone knows, Germans love David Hasselhoff.