PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Pods is gonna play left?

Chrisaway
01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050126&content_id=934844&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Seems like the right way to go. Rowand is far better defensivels and worked hard to earn the CF job.

Flight #24
01-26-2005, 05:41 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050126&content_id=934844&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Seems like the right way to go. Rowand is far better defensivels and worked hard to earn the CF job.

Hopefully this kills the talk about "downgrading defensively". Pods should be as good a defender as CLee, and with his speed, possibly even better.

chisox2005
01-26-2005, 05:49 PM
This is the right thing to do. As someone who always sits in the left field outfield, there is no way that Pods can have a weaker and more unaccurate arm as Lee. I loved having Lee but he might have had the worst arm out of any leftfielders in the AL. I don't see too many balls dropping in the gaps with Podsednik and Rowand. Hopefully they can avoid colliding into each other.

NonetheLoaiza
01-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I like this move, because I think that it is Aaron's job to lose. Like Ozzie said at Soxfest, Aaron will be comfortable wherever you put him, but he has earned his spot in CF. However, it is good to know we can have a suitable replacement ready just in case he should play poorly out there.

champagne030
01-26-2005, 06:12 PM
This is the right thing to do. As someone who always sits in the left field outfield, there is no way that Pods can have a weaker and more unaccurate arm as Lee. I loved having Lee but he might have had the worst arm out of any leftfielders in the AL. I don't see too many balls dropping in the gaps with Podsednik and Rowand. Hopefully they can avoid colliding into each other.

way.....pods does have a significantly weaker arm than lee. while i wasn't on lee's a butcher bandwagon, pods will get to more balls in the gaps.

nebraskasox
01-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Anything else would be a let down to the fans. Aaron is a fan favorite, Pods is the new kid on the block.

"Put A-row in coach. He's ready to play. Today ... he can be ... centerfield".

Palehose13
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM

I agree 100%...especially with your last sentence!

Aaron deserves CF and has a better arm than Podsednik. Maybe the change to LF will be better for Pods.

OEO Magglio
01-26-2005, 06:53 PM
way.....pods does have a significantly weaker arm than lee. while i wasn't on lee's a butcher bandwagon, pods will get to more balls in the gaps.
I don't recall ever seeing Spod throw but I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to have a significantly weaker arm then Carlos. Anyways, imo this is the right way to go with aaron in center.

Banix12
01-26-2005, 10:11 PM
It's probably a good move just for the health of the team, Rowand would probably kill himself running into the stands after a foul ball in Left Field and then crash into Uribe and Crede going after popups. Center Field gives him a bit farther to run. A safety buffer if you will.